Diet pills - anyone use them?

13»

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    I was taking diet pills but I had to cut them out because they were three calories each and I have trouble sticking to 45 calories per day as it is!
    same problem here. I heard meth is zero calories.
    If you smoke it, I can't imagine you can digest it.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    As someone with hypertension caused by hyperthyroidism, I can't understand why someone would want to take a pill to give them those symptoms. I'm on the other side and taking beta blockers to stop those very same symptoms.

Just trying to get through a day with the shakes, palpatations, feeling like my heart is beating out of my chest and shortness of breath when even just walking, why would anyone want to force that on their bodies? Just crazy in my eyes. :noway:
  • The_Ub
    The_Ub Posts: 7 Member
    Diet pills are really only good for one thing. making lots of money for the companies that sell them, same goes for diet foods(in my opinion). Don't go on a diet, and don't rely on a "Magic Pill". Just watch what your eating, track your calories and stick with it. After awhile it will be second nature. I eat 2 tuna sandwiches a day for a split lunch, each has almost 2 tablespoons of "Mayo" in them, I've lost 30 lbs in 3 months! Just wish like hell I could quit smoking HAHA!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    I've been taking a supplement, hasn't done anything. However, when I decided to add in another one, I landed in the ER (over this past weekend). It wasn't a good time!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    My mom ordered Hoodia a while back after reading very positive reviews but she claimed they didn't help her so she gave them to me. I rarely take them unless I remember. I guess they help supress my appetite, but that could be psychological.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    After ephedrine was removed from them, they all became fairly useless. Ephedrine worked, but people abused it, and died, and it got banned.

I do not take diet pills regularly, but when going to dietary extremes as i do from time to time, I take one for energy. VPX Meltdown.
    Never had a side effect from any of them, and in the past, about 15 years back, i took xenedrine, hydroxycut, ripped fuel, etc. More for energy than for anything else.

Depends on what your workouts entail, if you are jogging, or walking, or doing somekind of treadmill work, then it shouldn't be necessary. My workouts tend to be a bit more extreme though, and tough to accomplish when running on a good deficit.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    if diet pills worked.. WHY on earth would I be spending hours at the gym?? why the **** wouldnt i be eating mcdonalds all day long? and taking this OH SO magical pill everyday to make me thin... itd be easier right?

truth is they dont work.

clearly.

or wed allbe the skinniest people alive.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    My Dr prescribed Adipex which is also Phentermine in May 2010. I lost 26 lbs the first month and 16 the second month and 4 the 3rd month. It worked Great at first and then tapered off. Of those 46 lbs I kept off 33 for about 2 years.

To be completely honest I had a plateau a few weeks ago and I took 1/2 an Adipex each day for 5 days, It gave me amazing energy and I lost about 3 lbs that week.

But whenever you stop taking it you have less energy and you have appetite cravings that you don't want. Its not worth taking because of what happens when you stop.