Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 5 push ups on my toes this morning! Never been able to do 1 much less 5.
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can get in & out of my jeans without unzipping them!
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My pants keep sliding down...at work. Looks like I'll either need to keep hiking them up or go shopping this weekend!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have drank a gallon of water everyday since starting my journey on March 1st...no coffee, soda or juice, that is an accomplishment for me!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh snap, I just did the wedding band test...and my rings are definitely getting looser, WOOHOO!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When I told my friend I'd be ready to wear a bathing suit by summer
    and she was like "you're ready to wear one now! You are a stone cold fox"
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was able to take off 2 pair of jeans with out having to unbutton them...and they weren't my "fat" jeans! And yesterday I had a ring on that I usually wear on my middle finger and it kept falling off so I had to just leave it off.
    It feels like things are finally starting to come together and it's awesome.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Today, I was sitting at my computer on MFP reading everyone's NSV's and procrastinating doing W2D2 of C25k. I was actually talking myself into taking a day off and going to happy hour instead. Then I shook my head, said "Really? Just do it now!" to myself (outloud... crazy person here.) and got dressed and walked out the door to the gym. :) So now I'm done and back in front of the computer on MFP with my very first NSV. lol
  • barb471
    barb471 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My NSV my husband said he can tell that I am loosing and to keep up the good job:smile: !
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I can button up a shirt comfortably with no gaping where previously it was too tight and pulled at all the button holes.
  • LSHANDREW
    LSHANDREW Posts: 39
    Options
    my lab coat buttons did not pop open when I sat down today!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh so THAT'S what NSV stands for. I couldn't figure it out, lol.

I have been writing in the MFP blog every day. It contains a record of all of my personal psychological changes to develop a mindset that will help me to maintain a continuing weight loss and sustainable health.

I find this to be the most important aspect of my weight loss, because even if you mess up and eat a lot or don't work out for a while, as long as you try again the next day, then you've only lost a battle, but you will win the war.

Keeping this persistent mindset takes energy and focus and purposeful thinking. Staying positive is something you have to actively maintain, or else negativity creeps in. The number of days that I've maintained a positive mindset is way more important for me than the scale.

I know that if I keep looking at the scale I will get impatient, frustrated, and disappointed. But by focusing on my everyday successes of eating correctly and working out appropriately, and on the long term effects that I WILL enjoy, then I can ignore that stupid scale and its lies. :P
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Such great stories... I wanted to comment on every one that was added... some I have to:

Would love to have a TU (THUMBS UP) button... to reply... or an ICR (I CAN RELATE) button ....

Boyfriend (girlfriend/partner/friend/co-worker) compliments - aren't they the greatest?! nice to have my early efforts noticed!

Shopping and skipping the bakery - that is a huge success... I had another note on a board about "I buy the food for my house".... which is along the same lines

I like the "comfort fit" pants from Reitmans - no zippers, slip on/off..... I had on a pair of zip up capris (that I bought just a while back for my southern vacation) .... pulled them off without undoing the zipper.... wow!

Skinnier clothes - out of style... I'm SURE I'll find the same thing ... lol .... they've been in the back of the closet for a while!

"My muffin top has a little less muffin"... love it!!

Sewing talent to take in clothes - great idea... wish you lived nearer! :)

Sounds like alot of folks are about to walk out of your pants... sounds like "shopping time"... or ..... "suspenders"..?? :D

I, too, look forward to thinner thighs... I'll let you know about that!

Pictures - not wanting to be in them... yes, ICR

Bikini - can't pull off the bottom.... again, ICR... "we" will get there!

Riding the motorcycle with my boyfriend this summer.... better fitting leather jacket... yes, for me too, I'm sure!! look forward to that!

NSV for me this evening - went for tea with a girlfriend - she said "what do you want for snack?"... I said "Tea is good!"... If I wasn't on MFP these days - there would have been a snack with the tea!!

Awesome gals and guys!!! Thanks for sharing.... and keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I was the only one that did this with the towel. Too funny!! Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?

That was HUGE for me! I'd always envied people who could cross their legs and not make a "table", and now I'm one of them!!!
  • mici0427
    mici0427 Posts: 54
    Options
    Even tho the scale stayed still...I have lost 10 inches from my entire body, My 7 year old can put her arms all the way around me when she hugs me, and I don't feel my legs jiggle when I walk!!! I just noticed that one today;-)
    I wish the scale would move faster but I'm enjoying the small things so I don't get discouraged!!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    NSVs related to clothes -

I have to pin my work pants on the sides so they'll stay up
    I have a skirt that used to be super tight around my bum and thighs, and yesterday when I tried it on it was so loose it would have fallen right off of me if my hips didn't barely keep them up (but I can pull the skirt off without unzipping it)
    I pulled a pair of size 6 jeans out of my closet and made it my next goal to wear them, only to find out they already fit me
    Having to buy size small workout clothes because my original ones were too loose
    Switching to smaller bras

Not having to do with clothes -

Going outside to run and knowing it's not something I'm going to do for a week and then stop
    Working out on a consistent basis
    People I barely know (from work and school) have commented on my weight loss
    Being much more conscious about what I'm eating
    Having to get my wedding dress refitted because I've lost quite a bit
    My mother-in-law cutting up strawberries for dessert (strawberries and ice cream) and saying to me, "You'll probably just want the strawberries, huh?" - and she's RIGHT
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Today, I had to make my HRM a tiny bit tighter. I went for a jog/run (rare for me) and pushed myself to burn 427 calories. I'm feeling strong and awesome from weight training!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    great NSV's here folks!! VERY INSPIRING!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    let see putting on my shirt that fit tight for 4k ran in october 2011 and having it loose!!! not having fat rolls on my back showing thru my shirts!
  • KatieDelamatie
    Options
    Which Heart rate monitor do you use?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!