Why don't I get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Thank you for this thread I needed a belly hurting laugh today.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:
    1. You are so absolutely handsome that the women think you MUST have a girlfriend/wife.
    2. You ARE getting hit on but just don't notice the subtle hints.
    3. You are working out so intensely that women don't want to interrupt.
    4. Women do not dig the velcro sneakers.

That's all I got....
    Hilarious responses!

On that note, most women want a guy to hit on them, but not likely at the gym. We usually just want to workout and get home to our wine. :tongue:

haha. Okay so what do you do to encourage a particular man to hit on you? Or woman. :)

Make eye contact and smile. Simple really. (Men)
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You must have missed the list of important factors outlined on the original "why don't I get hit on" thread:

* Tall women are scary
    * Redheads are intimidating
    * Men might be afraid I could beat them up because I am in good shape
    * I might be noticed and not realize it
    * I need to smile more and make eye contact
    * Being shy can come across as unapproachable
    * A lack of confidence shows up
    * Alcohol loosens up inhibitions
    * Wear heels with confidence
    * Wear flats so I'm not so tall
    * Even if I am attractive to look at, a crappy personality might make me unattractive

wait, redheads are intimidating? really?
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    First off, women like the natural aroma of a man, it's the phermones. So don't shower before you go to the gym and do not wear deoderant. Second, absoltuley no manscaping. Women do not want a man preoccupied with his looks. Grow a huge grizzly beard and let your chest and back hair grow out of your collar. Next, women like a man at the gym who grunts and screams with every set. It helps to also always throw your weights down. Also, never wipe your sweat off of the equipment. Women love man sweat, it's like sweet nectar to them. Lastly, between exercises, always put one leg up on a bench like you are stretching, but really you should be giving every lady a shot at the goods.

HOT.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You must have missed the list of important factors outlined on the original "why don't I get hit on" thread:

* Tall women are scary
    * Redheads are intimidating
    * Men might be afraid I could beat them up because I am in good shape
    * I might be noticed and not realize it
    * I need to smile more and make eye contact
    * Being shy can come across as unapproachable
    * A lack of confidence shows up
    * Alcohol loosens up inhibitions
    * Wear heels with confidence
    * Wear flats so I'm not so tall
    * Even if I am attractive to look at, a crappy personality might make me unattractive

Yes. Uh, no! Um...maybe. Uh, OMG the pressure! You're so intimidating with your red hair!!
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really wish more women would break from the social idea that men should initiate.... I'm sort of a shy guy around women i'm interested in... So it would make my life a lot easier because i think i'm a darn good catch! LoL
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of awesome!

You guys wanna come over and party?

:drinker:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Yes. Uh, no! Um...maybe. Uh, OMG the pressure! You're so intimidating with your red hair!!

and I thought BLONDES were supposed to be intimidating. a girl can't win.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

and I thought BLONDES were supposed to be intimidating. a girl can't win.

I tried to hit on the other read head here. But since she's 5 10", I have to keep moving the step stool around to talk to her.
  • LALOCHA34
    Options
    I really wish more women would break from the social idea that men should initiate.... I'm sort of a shy guy around women i'm interested in... So it would make my life a lot easier because i think i'm a darn good catch! LoL

I will initiate, depending on the environment. It is all about confidence! (and how much vodka/soda I have consumed..ha ha jk, kind of)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen all of 3 women at my new gym. If I were to get hit on it would probably be by some big burly guy that could bench press me (and I'm over 300 pounds).

You've obviously come to the right thread.

I didn't know you could bench 300lbs

Hey, he brought 3 women. I work out in the basement and the only females I see are the chipmunks that sit by the window and laugh at me. I say he's a valued member of this thread.

I should rephrase this. I've seen a woman at the gym 3 times (though it was 3 different women).
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options

I will initiate, depending on the environment. It is all about confidence! (and how much vodka/soda I have consumed..ha ha jk, kind of)

haha I think I've only initiated once..thats just me...I'm not comfortable doing it..it makes me all akward lmao
  • LALOCHA34
    Options

haha I think I've only initiated once..thats just me...I'm not comfortable doing it..it makes me all akward lmao

I don't always do it but now and again what the hey. Can I say that you are very pretty (no, I am not hitting on you..ha) and if you did initiate the guy would probably pinch himself. (That was the cleanest MFP way of putting it). :happy:
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options

I don't always do it but now and again what the hey. Can I say that you are very pretty (no, I am not hitting on you..ha) and if you did initiate the guy would probably pinch himself. (That was the cleanest MFP way of putting it). :happy:

Thanks lol
  • barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have just gone up to a man and started talking weights; asking questions; they seem to like it!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    tumblr_loazjbsOrK1qhujw5o1_500.gif

That's a true story.
  • TammyWick
    TammyWick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have always been a big flirt. I always tried to pick up on what the guy was interested in and talk about that. I like to complement the guy on something too as part of my flirting. I always flirted to where there was no question that I was insterested, but I wouldn't ask the guy out. He would have to ask me out.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Women hitting on guys?

I thought this was an urban legend :laugh:
  • TammyWick
    Options
    First off, women like the natural aroma of a man, it's the phermones. So don't shower before you go to the gym and do not wear deoderant. Second, absoltuley no manscaping. Women do not want a man preoccupied with his looks. Grow a huge grizzly beard and let your chest and back hair grow out of your collar. Next, women like a man at the gym who grunts and screams with every set. It helps to also always throw your weights down. Also, never wipe your sweat off of the equipment. Women love man sweat, it's like sweet nectar to them. Lastly, between exercises, always put one leg up on a bench like you are stretching, but really you should be giving every lady a shot at the goods.
  • TammyWick
    Options
    Gross, big turn off!