Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Replies

• MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    Im in!!!

good! and explain how you got a tummy like that! please and thank you :-)
  • MeekMeals
    i have a love/hate relationship with my scale. the last few weeks i loved it. This week, not so much. I think i become obsessed with the numbers on it but i just can't "break up with it" b/c then it seems the weight slowly creeps back on....what to do, what to do. LOL

Yes I was getting on twice a day! And we all know how your body can fluctuate throughout the wave, like waves in the ocean!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Funny I just also posted about my scale needing to disappear for a bit. It's not nice to me anyway.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    I paid $20 for mine...I'd rather not destroy it.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    UP TWO POUNDS BUT NOW I NEED A BELT?! *THROWS SCALE OFF A CLIFF*
  • MeekMeals
    Funny I just also posted about my scale needing to disappear for a bit. It's not nice to me anyway.

Put it in "timeout". LOL
  • MeekMeals
    UP TWO POUNDS BUT NOW I NEED A BELT?! *THROWS SCALE OFF A CLIFF*

YES!! See, thats what i'm talking about!!! Proves me right! Thank ya!
  • MeekMeals
    I paid $20 for mine...I'd rather not destroy it.

use it to do calf raises!! just dont look down! lol!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    If anyone has a good digital scale that measures BF fairly accurately, thow it my way.
  • I'm with you all the way. Throw that scale out the window. Mine hasn't moved in over a month.
  • MeekMeals
    I'm with you all the way. Throw that scale out the window. Mine hasn't moved in over a month.

and I thank you for your support!! :-)
  • MeekMeals
    If anyone has a good digital scale that measures BF fairly accurately, thow it my way.

hopefully noone throws you any of those. i havent seen one that was accurate. try bodpod or the old fashioned fat pincher tool
  • Jeff92se
    $50 a shot + having to drive accross town? no thanks. Calipers can be just as inaccurate.
  • MeekMeals
    $50 a shot + having to drive accross town? no thanks. Calipers can be just as inaccurate.

oh well... i tried... cant please them all. duck and cover from the bodyfat scales coming your way homie!! :-)
  • Jeff92se

oh well... i tried... cant please them all. duck and cover from the bodyfat scales coming your way homie!! :-)

I was waiting for the DEXA scan recommendation. At what, $100? The thing might be inaccurate but as long as it's CONSISTENTLY inaccurate, that's fine. Because I'm looking for the delta change.
  • MeekMeals

I was waiting for the DEXA scan recommendation. At what, $100? The thing might be inaccurate but as long as it's CONSISTENTLY inaccurate, that's fine. Because I'm looking for the delta change.

Hah! I like that! "consistently" inaccurate... I never heard of that one the "dexa"
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    I wish I could join the no-scale movement but the last time I did, I gained 35 pounds! I absolutely love the philosophy behind it, but I know I too easily delude myself, lol. Plus, the way I carry extra weight, I have to gain a lot before it's really that noticeable. No scale is dangerous for me!

For the love of God! Dont do it then!! :-)
    [/quote

As of Monday mine is in the garbage lol
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm all for it...my scale is the Devil! :devil: I've now moved it under the love seat with the dust bunnies. I've started weighing every couple weeks to a month. Occasionally I hear it saying "Kim, psst Kim come here", I have to refuse. The day to day weight change literally was driving me CRAZY! I'd be happy, sad, thrilled, depressed etc... I love MFP good bad or otherwise I enter what I eat and so far so good when I do pull the Devil out, that number is SLOWLY but surly going down. :happy:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Lol @ Dexa being accurate.

Anyone serious would either get DEXA or Bod Podded.

Here is a link to my video of me getting Bod Podded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Tghi8hMKQ

Mind you I was measured via the multipoint caliper measurement under 10%.
  • MeekMeals
    I'm all for it...my scale is the Devil! :devil: I've now moved it under the love seat with the dust bunnies. I've started weighing every couple weeks to a month. Occasionally I hear it saying "Kim, psst Kim come here", I have to refuse. The day to day weight change literally was driving me CRAZY! I'd be happy, sad, thrilled, depressed etc... I love MFP good bad or otherwise I enter what I eat and so far so good when I do pull the Devil out, that number is SLOWLY but surly going down. :happy:

GOOD FOR YOU!!