Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Ok maybe I should have explained myself more.
    When people wear big over sized clothes they generally don't feel good about themselves, heavy or thin. They want to hide.
    So.. when and where did you get your degree in psychology?

Due to a back injury, I can't really work out hard anymore, but when I did, I was in great shape. I always wore baggy clothing because I liked feeling the breezy effect when I was hot and sweaty. It had nothing to do with what I looked like to other people. I knew what I looked like underneath and was proud of it. There's nothing wrong with looking good while at the gym, but if you get to a certain point then I suspect whether or not the motivation is for a good workout. But like they say, to each his own.
  • delilah47
    Options
    Are we done yet?

Hey! Thanks! I should have my head examined for checking back on this topic. :huh:
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    gym.jpg
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay much attention to what everyone else in the gym is wearing. I just hate it when people tie up machine's they're not really using. If you want to talk go sit in the cafe, where there's tables and chairs set up. Let those who wanna work out, work out.
    PS I'm that sloppy girl that rolls outta bed, slaps on her work out clothes and pony. I'm not there to be cute, just to get the job done. But that's me. Do you and don't worry about anyone else!
  • lindsaypyke
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

THIS
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    id like to wear yoga pants and a sporta bra to the gym .. but NOONE would like to see that SO i stick to my comfy tshirt and usually capri sweatpants - when i look at other people at the gym i think "damn id like to be that skinny one day that I can wear that" i dont know why anyone should look down on anyone for how they look at the gym, all that matters is that theyre at the gym making themself healthier
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    In theory I will say I do find it silly to "dress up for the gym", but i do see how it would feel great to have nike wear etc to wear to the gym, nothing wrong with that.

When i head to the gym my clothes are clean, but basic - loose fitting Old navy joggers and a ribbed tank. I do take the extra step to do a high up pouf and a little hairspray, because it does look cuter, lol, but that's as far as i go :)

Overall, I don't care what other people wear or don't wear as long as it's clean, odour free and I can't see your dangle or nipples..haha
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    some women can rock the "just rolled out of bed look" and some can't :wink:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Naturalgal4u
    Options
    Someone is always going to have something to say whether you came to the gym in cute sporty wear or not. Hey there used to be a time when there wasn't a lot of variety when it came to workout gear so if they make it and you can afford to buy it, then do you. I like wearing that type of stuff to the gym or just on a chill day if I'm running around. I like looking cute but being comfortable too and there is nothing wrong with that if that is your style or M.O. Remember whatever you do or wear, at the beginning and end of the day you are there for you and I always say this "what you eat doesn't make me poop" so whatever a person thinks about you, doesn't matter unless you feel the same way too... on that note, I say keep on rocking your cute sporty wear to the gym if that gets you through!!! I know I will keep on rocking mine!!
  • delilah47
    Options
    my final thoughts on this subject:

A lot of the time, it's not the person who doesn't dress to the nines when going to the gym who has the self esteem problem. Many times, the person with the self esteem problem is the person who tries to look good by buying expensive clothes, make-up, etc and attempting to out-do everyone else; then is judgmental of those who dress in whatever. Not just at the gym, but in many aspects of life. Like; diss others to make yourself feel superior.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    They look and dress sloppy because they don't feel good about themselves.

Bull****. I wear baggy clothes at the gym, or working out in general because it's more comfortable. Football shirts and shorts are my usual. Usually not matching, and I couldn't care less.

Not because I'm covering anything up, or feeling bad, but because it's comfortable and I generally don't think about how I look while in the gym.

And I love my body. I'm completely comfortable and confident in my body. It doesn't mean I have to wear clothes than show it off or emphasise it at the gym, of anywhere else for that matter. I'll wear what feels comfortable depending on what mood I'm in.

Some people have made claims like 'people should wear well fitted clothes to make their workout better'. What a load of nonsense. Just because you workout better in tighter clothes doesn't mean everyone does. Don't project your own feelings onto others.

It absolutely baffles me why anyone cares what other people wear, anytime, let alone at the gym. Unless it's incredibly inappropriate for the circumstance, mind your own business.
  • SublimelyMe
    Options
    Until last week I was pretty unaware of what anyone was particularly wearing in the gym...

...until a couple of women - applying foundation and re-attaching their hair extensions and false lashes (I kid you not) - decided to stare and giggle at me for wearing cropped leggings, a t shirt, trainers with my hair tied back. My clothes were clean, my hair was neat, my trainers were appropriate.

Seriously, put your effort into having a 'beef' at something significant in the world guys. There are plenty more important things to think about...
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I get up and go. I know that by the time I'm done, I'm going to drenched in sweat with my hair is going to be frizzy and soaked and matted to my head. Why ruin something cute with my buckets of sweat?
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference in being prepped for a show and looking decent. You sound like you just look decent.

- one of those that still wears her baggy Tshirts and now a size or two too large pants to the gym and doesnt care what she looks like :flowerforyou:

What's wrong with wearing baggy t-shirts and too large pants, if you are at the gym to do some serious workout, as long as you are comfortable????
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What one wear's at the gym should be of concern to no one else. If you are happy with what you are wearing that should be your only concern. The point of going to the gym is to workout and become healthier. If you are looking at others outfits so closely you are not spending enough time working out.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    They look and dress sloppy because they don't feel good about themselves.
    There is also people who don't think cute outfits are a requirement.

I feel like this is a really stupid statement. If I DIDN'T feel good about myself, I'd feel the need to compensate and be going out of my way to get all dolled up and put on a show. However, I'm not at the gym to **** around or look good for anyone.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think sloppy looks lazy and full makeup (fake eyelashes and all) looks stupid, but what you described sounds fine. I love matching workout gear that is clean and tidy and fits proper.

But that said I don't care what others do.......I only care about ME!!
  • fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i dont really pay attention to anyone else working out when i go to the gym so the cuteness or non cuteness is lost on me either way. i myself do the just rolled out of bed plus a ponytail( because really who likes sweaty tendrils of hair on their neck?) but that is mainly because i have a diva for a daughter and a son with special needs and most likely wouldnt have time to cutesy up. and even if i did i still wouldnt, im going to sweat all the makeup off and thats just a waste of money in my eyes, and im not there to be cute. i have a husband who is usually there with me. im not worried about impressing anyone. i dont even worry about impressing my friends, why would i worry about strangers. no what i want to do is workout, lose the weight, then wear the cutesy everyday clothes ive missed so long so my husband can take me out on his arm and show me off. thats when ill worry about being cute

--sloppy woman at the gym
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear cute workout clothes but the producers of cute workout clothes decided a long time ago that fat women don't exercise. *kitten*. Maybe in another 50 pounds I can squeeze myself into some of that cute stuff. In the meantime, rock it out for everyone that can't!