MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Kechie you are my hero! Your determination in the humidity is an inspiration for me to stop my whining and just suck it up and do it. Thanks for leading by example.

Glad I could help.:drinker: Warning: I look like dead woman walking today.:laugh: A sleepless night, 8 miles & 100% humidity, bright and early, my eyes are showing it. My daughter and I were out shopping all day. At one point while we were chatting in the fitting room, she looked at me and said "I'll tell you what looks horrible. Mom your eyes look horrible." She is 7.:embarassed:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi guys, Happy Friday!!
    Well, I went to a sports doctor and the good news is - NO stress fracture!!!
    But I do have plantar fasciitis which I figured because last year when I was doing a lot of elliptical I had a flare-up. Up until now, I haven't experienced any pain from it with the running.
    He said that I can still run, just ease up on my miles until it is relieved and I got some gel inserts for my heels.
    Anyone dealt with this, can I still run? I want to sooo badly, I just hate running with pain.

Jenny that is great news! I've had plantar fasciitis off and on. Definitely manageable with great shoes, easing into mileage, and strengthening exercises for me. When I first found out I had it, I started holding my foot in the flex position and releasing it whenever I thought about it. After just a few days, my pf felt much better. Of course, when I stopped doing the exercise but kept running the high miles, it came right back. When I've had pf, it never bothered me while I ran. I always had difficulty when I took those first few steps in the morning. I still remember that first time I got out of bed and collapsed after that first step because it hurt so bad. My husband heard me hit the floor and asked me 'what I was doing?' I love him but sometimes he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.:laugh:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    kechie-- you are cracking me up!!! :laugh:
    At least your daughter didn't tell you your butt looked big! My kids always pull something in the dressing room and then I have to slink out without anyone seeing us!

tell your husband your were dodging snipers -- :glasses:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Julie & Annaliza - I only wish I were addicted. I'm hoping that comes with time. The only thing I'm addicted to right now is chocolate.:laugh: I want to :heart: running. Right now I :grumble: my way through it and when I'm done I :heart: how I feel. Sadly that subsides by the next day. Please...please tell me your secrets. I don't care if I have to go to a support group.

I'm with you. I decided recently that I don't really love running. I love what running does for me. Hang in there. Maybe you'll start to love it or what it does for you.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laura and I'm a newbie to the runner's club (mostly because I never considered myself a runner!)

I've been following the couch-to-5k running program, and I just finished week 5 last night. That means I ran for 20 straight minutes (a HUGE jump from the previous 8min max!). I was so happy with myself that I went and signed up for a 3km race that's on Sept. 5! :bigsmile:

And as a bonus, I have another awesome thread to follow! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Welcome Laura:flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    kechie-- you are cracking me up!!! :laugh:
    At least your daughter didn't tell you your butt looked big! My kids always pull something in the dressing room and then I have to slink out without anyone seeing us!

tell your husband your were dodging snipers -- :glasses:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • aolson78
    Options
    Happy Friday fellow runners.

I did an easy 4 this afternoon - had to treadmill it, it's just too hot outside here. I have a six mile day tomorrow to reach 26 miles for the week!

You all motivate me with your great runs! Keep up the good work.
  • christine918
    Options
    Hey Everybody! :flowerforyou:
    I slowly ran 4 miles this morning. In the time I ran 5 miles in before surgery, I made it only 4 today..
    It's frustrating, but I know it will just take time. :smile:
    I'm also addicted to running and injury really ticks me off!!!:mad
    Why cant our bodies just stay young forever!!:sad:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Heading out this morning to do 9 with the Team in Training group (thank goodness!!) Hope I survive to check back in and tell you what an amazing wonderful run it was :bigsmile: :grumble: :tongue:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Just a very slow 4 today. Really hurting still. I think I understimated the toll last week's 28 total miles took on me. Going to do some yoga and stretching for the next two days and hopefully recover by Monday. I also realized I skipped my day off last week so it's been 2 weeks since I had one. Think my body is telling me it's time to rest.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Becky
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Resting today.:drinker:

Becky get well soon.:flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm resting today after my longest run to date yesterday... and my all-star wipe out on some guy's front lawn :laugh: (see... I'm laughing about it now! :wink: )

Happy running, runners :smile:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My run went well. Split it into 3/3/3 with 2 water breaks so that worked out great plus I had a couple girls to run with! My body is Hurting though now! Ugh!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome gustergirl! Congrats...

Becki- Make sure you take it easy... :happy:

Kechie and Kelyn- Enjoy your rest!

I'm running a half tonight with some friends... should be fun, Its my first long run since my marathon I hope I'm ready, I haven't been running as much...Its their first long run ever though.. It starts at 9 pm, called the "midnight run" yet it starts at 9 haha Should be fun though, we made shirts with glow in the dark stuff. Happy Running all!

~Leash :heart:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Today was my long run day. I went 17 miles (my longest run ever). It took me over three hours, but I did it! I'm proud of myself and all, but toward the end of my run I couldn't help but think that I would still have nine more miles to go to complete a marathon. I started wondering if I'm going to be able to do it. My daughter just says we can't think about that, and we have to just keep plugging away with our training. I know she's right, but I can't help it sometimes. I start thinking, holy crap, how will I ever do it? I know I could walk and finish the rest, but I really want to run it. I still have two months to go before the marathon, but the workouts are getting hard! On the bright side, I burned 2200 calories on my run!:drinker:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    On the bright side, I burned 2200 calories on my run!:drinker:

HOLY &$*#!!!!!!!! Congrats- that's awesome! :bigsmile:

How in the world do you eat all of those back??? The devil on my shoulder is thinking Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Friendly's, and the angel on the other shoulder is just plain stumped :laugh:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi everybody! Today was my long run day. I went 17 miles (my longest run ever). It took me over three hours, but I did it! I'm proud of myself and all, but toward the end of my run I couldn't help but think that I would still have nine more miles to go to complete a marathon. I started wondering if I'm going to be able to do it. My daughter just says we can't think about that, and we have to just keep plugging away with our training. I know she's right, but I can't help it sometimes. I start thinking, holy crap, how will I ever do it? I know I could walk and finish the rest, but I really want to run it. I still have two months to go before the marathon, but the workouts are getting hard! On the bright side, I burned 2200 calories on my run!:drinker:

Wow Terry! That is a major accomplishment. Congrats to you!:drinker:

I can relate to starting to think how will I ever do it.:flowerforyou: Your daughter is right though don't spend too much time on that. Keep focusing on your training and taking care of your body. I believe you can do it.:heart:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    thalli~ that is awesome! Way to go!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    3+ for me today. :love:

Thalli, keep going! My goal is to get to a half marathon in January and that seems like a big task but I am going to go for it........worst thing that can happen is I have to get on the cart to be taken to the end, but at least I will have tried.!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    3+ for me today. :love:

Thalli, keep going! My goal is to get to a half marathon in January and that seems like a big task but I am going to go for it........worst thing that can happen is I have to get on the cart to be taken to the end, but at least I will have tried.!

I did a half marathon in June, and I bought a shirt that said, "If found on ground, drag over the finish line!"

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!:flowerforyou: