What gave you that final push to start this journey?

Options
123457»

Replies

• KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I went through quite a few months of just feeling so down and crappy about myself, but somehow this most recent bout seemed worse - it seemed so long before I could shake it. One day, I literally just woke up and promised myself that I'd take it one meal at a time, one cruddy feeling at a time, and make an effort to make better choices, and see where I can get. So far, so good :-)
  • 69Greer
    69Greer Posts: 36
    Options
    My lovely bride and I began together. We are both on mfp and are pretty new. We're going to the gym regularly with our daughters, changing our diet and just enjoying the journey together. I especially like the time that I'm getting with our daughters at the gym. It beats sitting and staring at the television or doing absolutely nothing.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The night of my 21st birthday my boyfriend at the time slept over and I gave him a pair of sweat pants to wear and they fit him like perfectly and it was so embarrassing. He said he was going to take me out the next weekend and I called him the morning of our date to see what was going on and he said the movie he wanted to see was at 4 so I waited and started getting ready, I straightened my hair and did my make-up and put on a really cute outfit and got anxious so I texted him at 3 and he didn't answer so I called him at 3:30 and he didn't answer so I waited a little longer and he never responded so I called him at like 4:15 and he didn't answer so I stopped trying and then the next day he had made up some lame excuse so I was like whatever but in the back of my head I get hearing this little voice that was telling me it was because he could fit into my sweat pants. Then I wait around for like a week for him to apologize and he doesn't so I finally text him and we talk and I decided to give him another chance and he says something about going out again and I say okay. He invited me to go out with him the day before valentines day. I never once asked him to take me anywhere, he was always the one that offered. He texts me from work and says he's going to be there a little longer and asks if we could reschedule for the next day which happened to be Valenties day so I was like yeah sure so I get excited again because I'd never had a boyfriend on valentines day so I get ready and everything again and he ignores all my texts and calls so I break up with him a couple days later and again I hear the voice that says it was because I was fat and he could fit into my pants. So I realized that no guy I date is ever going to be able to fit into the same pants as me and I really needed to do something about my self image if I automatically assumed that a guy blew me off because of my weight. It's all good though because the night of my 21st birthday my mom hit his car while she was backing out of the drive way. I guess that's what happens if you blow me off. He didn't see me for 2 and a half months and when I ran into him he didn't recognize me, it was an amazing feeling.
  • Fayelle1
    Fayelle1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My job! I have back pain and I've missed 4 days of work already...and one more and I will have to have a meeting with my boss. And the next ...I'm out the door. Scary.

My back needs to be stronger...so with weight loss and exercise...I'm hoping I won't be sick again before Oct. 1.
  • Fayelle1
    Fayelle1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My lovely bride and I began together. We are both on mfp and are pretty new. We're going to the gym regularly with our daughters, changing our diet and just enjoying the journey together. I especially like the time that I'm getting with our daughters at the gym. It beats sitting and staring at the television or doing absolutely nothing.

Changing your eating habits with the whole family is the way to go. My husband is doing this with me...and he is so supportive...we make meals together...we count calories together...walk together...It's the way to go.
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    The night of my 21st birthday my boyfriend at the time slept over and I gave him a pair of sweat pants to wear and they fit him like perfectly and it was so embarrassing. He said he was going to take me out the next weekend and I called him the morning of our date to see what was going on and he said the movie he wanted to see was at 4 so I waited and started getting ready, I straightened my hair and did my make-up and put on a really cute outfit and got anxious so I texted him at 3 and he didn't answer so I called him at 3:30 and he didn't answer so I waited a little longer and he never responded so I called him at like 4:15 and he didn't answer so I stopped trying and then the next day he had made up some lame excuse so I was like whatever but in the back of my head I get hearing this little voice that was telling me it was because he could fit into my sweat pants. Then I wait around for like a week for him to apologize and he doesn't so I finally text him and we talk and I decided to give him another chance and he says something about going out again and I say okay. He invited me to go out with him the day before valentines day. I never once asked him to take me anywhere, he was always the one that offered. He texts me from work and says he's going to be there a little longer and asks if we could reschedule for the next day which happened to be Valenties day so I was like yeah sure so I get excited again because I'd never had a boyfriend on valentines day so I get ready and everything again and he ignores all my texts and calls so I break up with him a couple days later and again I hear the voice that says it was because I was fat and he could fit into my pants. So I realized that no guy I date is ever going to be able to fit into the same pants as me and I really needed to do something about my self image if I automatically assumed that a guy blew me off because of my weight. It's all good though because the night of my 21st birthday my mom hit his car while she was backing out of the drive way. I guess that's what happens if you blow me off. He didn't see me for 2 and a half months and when I ran into him he didn't recognize me, it was an amazing feeling.

It sucks that you felt that way but it's great that your mum hit his car :D haha. One day you'll get a guy who'll appreciate every inch of you :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Major pushes were:

Low self esteem, perpetually single, no energy whatsoever, didn't want to end up like my father
  • NaniKaila
    Options
    I realized that my insecurities were not only affecting me but were affecting those that I love and that loved me. It feels amazing to be doing this for myself and for others. I'm finally beginning to love the person who is inside of this body!
  • curlyqh
    curlyqh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too saw my reflection and didn't like it. I also have a personal trainer that told me she will continue to bug me until I reached my fitness goals with her or someone else. I was at my highest weight and started to notice some physical limitations.
    I was so upset! I work in the healthcare field and am on my feet 8 to 15 hours a day, I need to be able to do my job. I have had a history of not following through with things I start and I need to put a stop to that. I'm 3 weeks in and feeling great. I've been doing bootcamp and clean eating. I also think it's a mindset. I am ready!