How much cardio do you put in a day?

Options

Replies

• RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    50-60 minutes per day split into 2-3 sessions depending on what my schedule is.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually strength train 2 times a week, bout an hr each session, I do cardio 2-3 times a week usually 45 min each session......I really try to work out 4 days a week minimum.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Including the 30DS, I do 6 days of cardio. 4 of those are 30DS and 2 of those is an hour of Zumba.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I usually do a minimum of 30 - 50 minutes of cardio a day, seven days a week. Now I am trying to add some resistence training to that as well.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Cardio (really, fat burning mode): 5X/week for an hour, a mix of treadmill, elliptical, arc, and recumbent bike.
    Weight training w/ trainer: 3X/week for 30 minutes.
  • Birdlover59
    Birdlover59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone is exercising like crazy! I feel like a slug. I can only manage about 2 strength training sessions a week, that are an hour long. One is lighter wts. but tons of reps. (body pump class), then a few days later I do heavier wts, less reps on my own.
    Then 2-3 days a week running and walking for 40 mins. And thats all I can manage lately. Or else I'd have to lie down for a day. lol.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I do my 3kms in less than 12 minutes every day. More time to do everything else
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 times a week and do no cardio at the moment because of some health issues, but I was only doing zumba once a week and maybe a run
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    treadmill 30-45 minutes 3 times a week... I am still new and taking my time slowly increasing
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    1.5-3 hrs a day, six days a week. I've come a long way, and it's more just doing activities that I enjoy.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I bike( stationairy-high resistance) 3x's a week (m-w-f) for 30min. And I do 30DS 2x's a week with 5 lb weights. I'm pretty active though. Most days I go jump around on the trampoline and fitbit will have me logging in the range of 300ish cals so technically it's cardio too.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I did about 205 minutes of cardio yesterday (60 minuts of walking and 105 minuts of Calisthenics)

I like cardio, specially walking and biking and stuff. Very relaxing and kind of a "me" time where I get to think stuff through
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every day, to some degree. It depends on what day is is...

M: 3hrs
    T: 2 - 3hrs
    W: 1.5hrs
    T: 2 - 2.5hrs
    F: 2.5hrs
    S: 1 - 4hrs (depends if I go on a long ride or just to the gym)
    S: 1 - 4hrs (depends if I go on a long ride or just to spin class)
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week during Marathon training and the time varied by miles I'm running. When I am not running I just do 20 mins of High Interval Itensity Training for 20 mins on the spin bike.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Every day except Saturday for the most part. 90 minutes to 5 hours depending on what I'm training for.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not enough ... not nearly enough. I have improved though

This made me laugh. Good job for improving :)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I usually do a mix of cardio and strenth for 1 hour 4 days a week, plus up to 60 minutes walking. I am hoping to put my stationary bike in here so I can do more time on it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I dislike cardio and try to do as little as possible.

My fat loss is coming from my calorie deficit... I also lift heavy 4 days per week. As far as cardio, I get maybe 1-2 sessions per week. Cardio Kickboxing on Wednesdays and possibly the step mill on Fridays.

If your diet is dialed in, you don't need to kill yourself with all the cardio...unless you are opposite of me and like it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Varies from day to day, some days as little as 30 minutes on the rowing machine up to 2 hrs of running and everywhere in between.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I do 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cardio 7 days a week. I do strength training 3-4 times a week.