Can guys wear sandals?

Options

Replies

• lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Guys can wear sandals........however, they should NOT wear them with black, knee-high socks.

Yes. Sandals only work with black, thigh-high socks!!

:wink:

NOW yer talkin'!!!

Or, if you look like THIS guy........we might be able to accept it :wink:

Bottega%2BVeneta%2BSandals%2B6.jpg

OMG!!!
  • lisa28115
    Options
    Guys can wear sandals........however, they should NOT wear them with black, knee-high socks.

But this is dead sexy.....I do mean DEAD....sexy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFahEttgBK_Dxr6IGNYfhX7012mZEbr3yJCuSGq8JApGe5ue3B9A

To say that is disturbing would be a gross understatement... :huh:

this is disturbing!!!!:noway:
  • PamJ413
    PamJ413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was told recently that I can't wear sandals anymore (even to the beach or a tiki bar!). . that I have to wear flip-flops or "Sanuk's". . So what's the verdict?

I agree..guys shouldn't wear sandals..Addis or Nike one strap flip flops.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I say wear what you want, BUT... My husband isn't allowed out of the house with socks if any other part of his foot is showing out of the footwear. :laugh:

My biggest problem with most of the "fashion" footwear is that they have no support. You'd generally wear that sort of thing if you're on holiday, doing a LOT of walking around, so don't you need some structure to your shoes? I have crocs WITHOUT the holes (ie fashion crocs) that have great support. Won't be seen dead on thongs/flipflops etc - I hate the feel of something between my toes. And don't get me started on toe shoes!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to wear some sandals WITH socks today just for the hell of it.
  • lisa28115
    Options
    I think I am going to wear some sandals WITH socks today just for the hell of it.

I HEAR YA !!!!

DID YOU LOOK AT SOME OF THE PICTURS HERE???:laugh:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would want to wear socks with sandals... If it's weather for sandals, then it's weather for no socks.

Flip flops all the way for me though, none of these strappy sandal things, just a pair of havis is fine thank you.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

I HEAR YA !!!!

DID YOU LOOK AT SOME OF THE PICTURS HERE???:laugh:

Yes I did!!!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I dig anything but crocs on a guy....flip flops are a plus :smile:
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like my Keen sandals and have always dislike flip flops. unless you look like a surfing god, I think flip flops make you look like a bum at the beach (not a beach bum)

3011434_f260.jpg

these are great for river hiking, canoeing, walking in the surf on the beach.

ps and shouldn't be worn with socks ..... unless you like that kind of thing.

OMG! My husband has these and I hate them! Everytime he puts them on I cringe as we walke out the door and ask him if he is sure he wants to where those to Target.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Verdict? You were talking to a flip-flop or "Sanuk's" salesman. Wear what you want.

Sounds like an 'on the money' comment to me.

Wear what you like and are comfortable in. People (if you listen to them) will tell you eat this, wear that, think this, say that (or not) all day long until you are so confused in the head that you will not be able to sit up in bed in the morning with a consultancy group to advise you which way to go about it.

You iz a growed-up. Wear what you like :)
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I personally hate the look of men in sandals, flip flop, crocs, However, if you MUST wear them, please get a pedi done.....please. Ugly yellow, long toe nails with dry cracking heels are not a good look. :(
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd never daydream about a man who wears sandals or crocs....it's just wrong.
    Shoes tell a little about your personality-
    Get some vans.
    or flip flops
    or deck shoes.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would want to wear socks with sandals... If it's weather for sandals, then it's weather for no socks.

Flip flops all the way for me though, none of these strappy sandal things, just a pair of havis is fine thank you.

A hot guy with cargo shorts, no shirt on...a few muscles and a sweet pair of flip flops is such a turn on!!!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    No. I wear slip on Adidas ones, but no grown man should ever wade reefs/crocs/sandals lol
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

A hot guy with cargo shorts, no shirt on...a few muscles and a sweet pair of flip flops is such a turn on!!!

Ok. . got the flip-flops, and the shorts. . 20 more pounds and I'll take the shirt off!
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was told recently that I can't wear sandals anymore (even to the beach or a tiki bar!). . that I have to wear flip-flops or "Sanuk's". . So what's the verdict?

I don't think sandals are important here bro. It sounds like you are so used to doing as your told you might as well just wear a dress - clearly you aren't used to wearing the trousers.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Of course......they would look a bit weird though with socks and 3 inch heels :0
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Sandals yes. With socks? best not. :tongue:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes they CAN, but SHOULD they? No...unless they have cleaned those feet up! Please and thank you...hahaha :laugh: