Women on Facebook, and no pics of hubby.

Options

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    There are literally hundreds of pics of me and my husband- mostly coz we got married 3 years ago and everyone one at the wedding posted all their pics of FB plus our own :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    How about not having pictures of your SO on because it is YOUR profile, not a joint profile?

The album on here isn't a picture book of your life, it's about representing yourself.

I think he was talking about FB and not MFP tho?
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How about not having pictures of your SO on because it is YOUR profile, not a joint profile?

The album on here isn't a picture book of your life, it's about representing yourself.

i was gonna agree with this and then saw it says facebook, oops lol :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

i was gonna agree with this and then saw it says facebook, oops lol :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    I think he was talking about FB and not MFP tho?

ah yes, that's slightly different then lol

Having said that, there were only about 2 or 3 pictures of me and my ex but neither of us were really photography people. There were pictures with me and lots of my friends who are girls but very few with her.

Just the way it was, and I wouldn't have expected anyone to read anything in to it...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    No worries man. Normally I wouldn't have even commented...as I practice what I preach...but self centered attitudes like hers are ruining these forums. I just handed her a small dose of what she handed you. An unsolicited, borderline rude response to a comment that wasn't even directed at me lol.

I think it's more than borderline rude for someone to claim married couples SHOULD be doing something. It implies those who aren't doing it are doing something wrong. He was applying his standards and expectations to others, which is simply ridiculous. While it wasn't directed at an individual it was directed at people who were married, and therefore the response was perfectly valid imo.

Self centered- is making statements about what others should do based on your beliefs.
    Unsolicited is telling other what to do in their marriage without them asking, so if those are the things that annoy you, maybe you should start with the poster you defended

I guess if I were so narrow minded that I couldn't comprehend that he was simply stating his opinion...rather than giving orders to the MFP membership in general...I would have.
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I have maybe two pictures of my husband on mine. He hates his picture taken. I'm surprised we even have wedding pictures. haha. His facebook is picture is the blue and white man. So for me it doesn't mean anything.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    My husband 2be hates to have his photo taken and hates facebook even more. I respect his privacy by not posting photos of him.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Here ya go. My husband has no idea his pics are on here.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    People...stop reading too much of anything into facebook. Gosh let people put up what they like, and how they like it.
  • jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh boo, that sucks.

PS: Asshats, haha!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Oh boo, that sucks.

PS: Asshats, haha!

:D
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I'm married and don't have any pictures of me and hubby together or otherwise. Mainly because we don't do anything together and he doesn't go on Facebook. He has an account but I know more about it than he does.
    My husband is not a huge part of my life he's just one part of it. Its not healthy to make one person that important. That's what I think anyway :happy:
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am one of them, but it's not intentional for me. I usually transfer over a profile pic. from facebook, and although I have used my hubby in my facebook profile pic., I don't very often because when people have 2 people in their profile pic., and I get a comment from them, I'm confused as to which person the comment is from at first. The pics. I choose for MFP are pics. of me running with a dog or looking thin for the most part so I can have some motivation to stay that way. My hubby is not so into fitness, so I don't have a pic. of him and I working out together or anything like that, so maybe that's a reason...just never gave it much thought. Not that he's a fat slob or anything, don't get me wrong, he just doesn't need to work out, he's a drummer and the same size he was in high school at age 46 now, sick, lol. =>
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I dont think anything of it. I'm a newlywed so I'm kind of obsessed with being married in general right now, but I do think that this process of weight loss and better health is a very personal one. For many people, it's about them and not their spouses-heck, many people have spouses that are NOT supportive of their efforts. I wouldn't place any judgement on it because theres just no way of knowing what the situation is.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this trend. There are some female friends I have on facebook that are married. I have looked through their profiles and thorugh their pics, yes I am a picture lurking hound (LOL), and with many of them that are married, they do not have a single pic of their husband. I find that weird.

What do you think? Does it mean anything?

I know there could be several reasons for it. Husband doesnt want to be part of it, their page is their page, or they aren't into hubby. I don't know. Just seems odd. I mean, it's an overwhelmingly large amount of them.

Any perspective on it? I'm not going to run out a hit on them, or send pics of my junk or anything weird like that, I'm just curious if any of the women here do that too and what the reason is?

Thanks.

Honestly its not an issue... I dont know why you would find something like this odd.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    This is easy, any chick with "its complicated", you can hit it, its an invite that they are open to just about anything if the opportunity arises, they will go for it just as long as you know their situation-trust me, i know lol-Ty

This made me laugh out loud and spit some of my coffee out. I'm pretty sure my replationship status reads"It's complicated" but I had no idea that it indicate this....hahahahahahahaha
    Busted, CALL ME:smokin:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this trend. There are some female friends I have on facebook that are married. I have looked through their profiles and thorugh their pics, yes I am a picture lurking hound (LOL), and with many of them that are married, they do not have a single pic of their husband. I find that weird.

What do you think? Does it mean anything?

I know there could be several reasons for it. Husband doesnt want to be part of it, their page is their page, or they aren't into hubby. I don't know. Just seems odd. I mean, it's an overwhelmingly large amount of them.

Any perspective on it? I'm not going to run out a hit on them, or send pics of my junk or anything weird like that, I'm just curious if any of the women here do that too and what the reason is?

Thanks.

My boyfriend does not have his own FB by choice. I rarely put photos of him on mine because I respect his choice not to be on there.

And I have no photos of him on here because it has nothing to do with him.
  • NoMoreFatTony
    NoMoreFatTony Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dad/Husbands are usually taking the pictures.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think it's annoying when grown women call their husbands "hubby." He's not a teddy bear. He's your husband.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Mine is not a public person. Why should I subject him to something he doesn't want to be a part of?