April Lose 4% Challenge

Options

Replies

• charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm in for sure, I'm going away in April so this will be a test to see if I can keep up my habits whilst on a tropical holiday
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    in like flynn!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am IN!!!! Need a lil more motivation to keep me going- 1/3 of left to go for my goal!!!
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ill join in
  • cath456
    cath456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm totally new here - but I'm 100% in! Great motivation!
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options

You are wrong.. just because you may weigh more doesn't mean you necessarily have more to lose, so it is ok to lose that much weight so quickly. For example, a guy may be 250 pounds, so 4% would be 10 pounds. But for his height and age, he may only need to lose 20 pounds or so... so losing 10 pounds in a month is still a lot, and not good.

My point about this being hard to follow is that it is just a bunch of people posting their updates all the time, plus people "joining in" so you can't really see what is going on unless you read through 20 pages of posts.. I originally wanted to participate, but aside from the 4% unattainable goal, it also seems difficult to actually see how everybody is doing. There should be a group for something like this, not a thread.

Its true if you are 250lbs you may not have much to lose if your BMI is low, but most people on here have weight to lose and are motivated to lose it... its a challenge 4% is a good number, not too high but not too low.

Like I said previous you are more than welcome to do a challenge any way you want to do so. Its just like a weekly weigh-in, what other way can you 'participate', you see how people are doing by reading the posts, I do and get motivation to do well when I see that others are.
  • brandyj89
    brandyj89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im in!!
  • everinm
    everinm Posts: 19
    Options
    Nice to see more are joining this challenge!
    6849020.png
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options

You are wrong.. just because you may weigh more doesn't mean you necessarily have more to lose, so it is ok to lose that much weight so quickly. For example, a guy may be 250 pounds, so 4% would be 10 pounds. But for his height and age, he may only need to lose 20 pounds or so... so losing 10 pounds in a month is still a lot, and not good.

My point about this being hard to follow is that it is just a bunch of people posting their updates all the time, plus people "joining in" so you can't really see what is going on unless you read through 20 pages of posts.. I originally wanted to participate, but aside from the 4% unattainable goal, it also seems difficult to actually see how everybody is doing. There should be a group for something like this, not a thread.

Its true if you are 250lbs you may not have much to lose if your BMI is low, but most people on here have weight to lose and are motivated to lose it... its a challenge 4% is a good number, not too high but not too low.

Like I said previous you are more than welcome to do a challenge any way you want to do so. Its just like a weekly weigh-in, what other way can you 'participate', you see how people are doing by reading the posts, I do and get motivation to do well when I see that others are.

Its a fun challenge for some of us. It will mean around 9 lbs for me. If I dont make it so what, it was motivation to try. For those who dont approve, why bother posting on this thread? Why complain? Just move on! I am excited for this challenge!
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    I'M IN
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i'm in!! Thanks!
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Its a fun challenge for some of us. It will mean around 9 lbs for me. If I dont make it so what, it was motivation to try. For those who dont approve, why bother posting on this thread? Why complain? Just move on! I am excited for this challenge!

Thanks for the support! This challenge has really motivated me in March following a rubbish February, I've already done over 4% with a few days left. See you in April!
  • Katrina0207
    Options
    im in

Sounds like a good challenge 8.7lbs to loose in april
  • naturegirl135
    Options
    I'm in!
  • wearywithchildren
    Options
    Count me in too! Where do we go to check in?
  • pozitivenergy816
    pozitivenergy816 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so in :-)
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Though i;m not looking forward to trying to lose 6lbs! I find it difficult losing 1 a month as i get close to my goal weight!
    :)

SW: 146lbs
    GW For 1st May: 140

x
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm in.
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Am in too