How do you eat/drink your protein powder!?

Options

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I like mine with 1 cup of frozen berries, and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk....Very yummy
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein powder in with a smoothie or a milkshake.

example1: protein powder, frozen or fresh fruit, almond milk

example 2: pomagranite/blueberry juice, protein powder, frozen or fresh fruit ** I was craving something sweet**
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    For maximum protein, I always add a Balance protein bar broken into pieces. Gives a nice chew and texture change.

Wow, that's really weird, because I was thinking about doing exactly that. I saw the Balance Bars on the counter next to the blender and protein powder and thought....hmmm, I'll bet that'd be good! :smile:
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For maximum protein, I always add a Balance protein bar broken into pieces. Gives a nice chew and texture change.

Wow, that's really weird, because I was thinking about doing exactly that. I saw the Balance Bars on the counter next to the blender and protein powder and thought....hmmm, I'll bet that'd be good! :smile:

It's like a protein blizzard it's so yummy. I can't wait to get vanilla protein powder for this reason :happy:
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Met-Rx chocolate protein powder, steel cut oats, Trader Joe's Almond Butter with Flax seeds and almond milk!! Really filling!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm about to start insanity (tomorrow) and I just bought some protein powder to help me with it. I got vanilla and cookies n cream. I tried it last night with milk and ice (all i had to use in it) and it tasted gross! I need recipes! What do you put in your protein shakes or smoothies? What foods do you put protein powder in!? Help me out guys!

What brand did you get? That makes a huge difference. Some brands flavoring method is better than others. Let me look up my review I posted on another site that has recipes I made including cinnamon rolls and cheese cake.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Recipes:

2 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

attachment.php?attachmentid=51321&d=1326980201

PER SERVING (1 iced roll): 150 calories, 5g fat, 308mg
    sodium, 20g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 8g protein

Ingredients
    Filling
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar (not packed)
    1/4 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
    1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1.5 scoops Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Cinnamon Roll protein powder.
    Icing
    1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed from frozen
    3 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 tbsp. granulated no-calorie sweetener
    Dough
    1 package reduced-fat crescent rolls refrigerated dough
    16 sprays no-calorie spray butter

Directions
    To make filling, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to make sure the butter
    gets mixed in evenly. Set aside.
    To make icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth and blended. Place
    in the fridge to chill and set.

Prepare a dry surface by sprinkling it with a small amount of flour to prevent sticking. Remove
    dough from package and knead into a ball. Using a rolling pin dusted lightly with flour, very
    firmly roll out dough into a thin sheet about 8" X 12". Spray the dough's surface evenly with
    butter.

Spread filling out evenly over dough, leaving a half-inch border around the edges. Starting
    with a long side of the dough, roll it up tightly, forming a log. Once dough is completely rolled
    up, pinch the long seam to seal.

Turn the log over so that the seam is facing down. Using a very sharp knife, cut log into 8
    even pieces, being careful not to squish dough.

Heat up a waffle Iron and put the Cinnamon Rolls on it and in 2 minutes you will have Cinnamon Rolls!

Guilt Free 60 Calorie Fudge:

Will say Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder is the best flavor for this!

attachment.php?attachmentid=51323&d=1326980633

PER SERVING (1/36th of recipe, 1 piece): 
65 calories, 1g fat, 57mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

One 18.3-oz. box fudge brownie mix
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp. light chocolate syrup
    2 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter, softened
    3 scoops of Protein Powder of Choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, protein powder with pumpkin and stir until smooth. Add chocolate syrup and stir until blended. The batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else!

Spray a square baking pan (9" X 9" works best) with nonstick spray. Spread the batter into the pan. Then spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife or skewer to swirl it around.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it will look undercooked.

Allow the fudge to cool. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares. Then get ready for a fudge frenzy!

Quick Easy Cheesecake:

attachment.php?attachmentid=51322&d=1326980531

Ingredients:
    Box of no-bake Vanilla Cheesecake
    Graham Cracker Pie Crust
    1.5-2 scoops of Protein Powder of choice.

Follow instruction on box but add a half a cup extra milk and add the protein powder when mixing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=51259&d=1326850769

Mainly key is finding what the flavors would be good in. Vanilla works well in Cinnamon Rolls and Cheesecake, Cookies and cream works well in cheese cake. Chocolate works well in just about all :-D I'm hunting down my protein icecream recipe now as well. There is several cinnamonbun proteins that rock as well flavor wise.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I freeze bananas (Peel them first... learned that the hard way). add a frozen banana, 2T of PB2, and some water to "vanilla creme" protein powder. Tastes like a PB Banana milkshake.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, and oatmeal.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    The brands I use are Body Fortress and Pure Protein. I like them both.

Here's what I do with vanilla most often:

1 c frozen blueberries
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1 c. unsweetened almond milk
    ice cubes
    1/4-1/2 tsp xanthan OR guar gum (if you like it thicker)

whiz in blender until smooth. I *LOVE* it with blueberries and cinnamon. It's like blueberry cheesecake in a cup. mmmmmmmm.

Here are some good recipes. Better than good, actually: http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

I also add a scoop to oatmeal or Greek yogurt on occasion. :)

***I forgot to mention: I usually add spinach to it too because 1) you can't taste it, and 2) spinach is good for you! I add spinach to all the dashing dish "milkshakes" and my above recipe. About 1 c. of raw organic baby spinach.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure on what brand you got but I am in love with Optimum Nutrition extreme milk chocolate. I usually mix mine with water. But when I'm feeling classy I will mix 1 scoop with 8oz of milk in my blender.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hardly drink my protein powder. I mix it in oatmeal. greek yogurt, cereal, peanut butter (make a sludge), and I add some in pancake mix.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like my chocolate and vanilla both with a cup of almond milk (unsweetened) and then added to 16 . oz of HOT coffee. SOOOOO good this way. I can't stomach it cold for some reason.
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Bump this...

I use almond milk with my protein drink but I yet to find a powder that I'm committed too.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    1/3 Cup Lowfat or No-fat cottage cheese OR 1/3 Cup No-Sugar Added / Low Fat Breyers Vanilla Ice cream
    3/4 Cup Water
    1/2 Banana (best if sliced, and put slices in freezer - if you do this the night before, no ice)
    1 Scoop of your favorite protein powder.

Blend really well - tastes just like a milkshake. You can change it up by using unsweetened cocoa and a little sweetener, with chocolate protein powder, etc. I just found a package of sugar-free oreo cookies (!!!) so next up is to try cookies and cream flavor.

I got this recipe off of MFP's recipe Topics! Enjoy!
  • mfarmer112
    mfarmer112 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I mix vanilla protein powder with Diet V-8 Splash Tropical blend juice. Only 10 calories for 8oz and helps to mask the taste of the powder. I also add frozen fruit to the blender for a tropical smoothie treat :)
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    bump
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using BSC Hydroxy Burn Pro and have both the chocolate and caramel flavour. I just mix with water in a shaker and both flavours still taste pretty damn good.
  • JanicaPeterson
    Options
    I use IsoPure from GNC.... I put mine in pretty much anything I can... I cant just drink a protein shake plain unless I absolutely HAVE to....
    Smoothies, sf and ff pudding pops, oatmeal, cookies, etc....

I also "snack" on homemade protein bars (google for recipes).... Cheaper and better flavoring I think than store bought.

good luck....