Holly Madison & Shape Magazine??? WTF??

Options

Replies

• jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't believe they printed that, she used a weight loss supplement, how should that be a success story? Why don't they take one of the success stories from here?? I read Fitness Magazine and I love that they use real people who work hard to lose weight.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Welcome to realizing the goals of marketing. Just because a celebrity does it....does NOT mean you need it.

girl-scouts-some-will-do-anything-to-sell-those-damn-cookies-demotivational-poster.jpg

Ok, thats pretty HOT!!! ;-)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yeah they will never publish the negative letters though.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!
    Plus, hasn't she had plastic surgery? And maybe surgery to help with her body shape? That's not what I thought the magazine was about, either.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    and this is why i don't even skim "fitness magazines" unless they are sport specific (bodybuilding, runners world, etc.) i think that general fitness magazines are just 150 pages of advertising and crap quick fix suggestions that are about as reliable as a diet pill that says "with this pill, plus a balanced diet and exercise program you can lose weight too." No *kitten* sherlock, without this pill plus a balanced diet and exercise program just about anyone can lose weight.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've seen them publish negative letters before, but they probably won't put mine in. I'm too blunt with calling them out on the carpet.;-)

I really like Fitness and Self magazines better, but they still have the same issues, at least with their advertisements. I love success stories that are REAL PEOPLE, working hard to take the weight off in the way doctor's recommend --- healthy eating and exercise. Those are what keep me reading and subscribing.

If I see more of this, I'll definately drop my subscription to Shape. We can all use the extra few bucks.

Shannon
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I agree completely with your letter. And also, I would have been more than thrilled to be her size when she was bigger. Just another article to show average busy women that they don't live up to expectations even if they were to reach their goal weight.
  • clairepeaches626
    Options
    I agree with you!!! Why would they even have her on the cover, not a good example! We want to see ready people on this mag. that ready put there energy in losing weight not someone who is taking pills!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    I agree. (btw, I love your ticker. I love JLo's abs in that video!)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome to realizing the goals of marketing. Just because a celebrity does it....does NOT mean you need it.

girl-scouts-some-will-do-anything-to-sell-those-damn-cookies-demotivational-poster.jpg

Ok, thats pretty HOT!!! ;-)

Yeah, I'd eat the cookies...and a little more
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I agree with you whole-heartedly. I thinks it's bull that they even advertise that crap in their magazines!! They should be advertising healthy foods, and exercise gear, not diet pills.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Success story? WTF what was she a size 1 before and now shes a size 0!! Seriously thumbs down way to give us some more body complex issues ughh.
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Personally I don't really see any results. Her after picture is of her breasts and face, not even of her figure. I agree that a weight loss supplement is not the healthy way to approach weight loss.
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I agree. Getting plastic surgery and going to the gym while taking weight loss pills is not something to be proud of. She could've gotten lipo and fit into her jeans again. So stupid.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Holly has bills to pay so you can't hold the ads against her.
    I like her for more than the obvious reasons so I would tend to give her some slack.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this in last month's magazine! I was shocked that they would use her of all people and then advertise some lame weight loss pill. My subscription had a couple issues left, so I decided not to renew. I think Shape has changed, not sure why, but it's not longer for me! Bye-bye.

And, it wasn't just an ad for her and a weight loss pill, they actually FEATURED her in a weight loss success story.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not out of line! Thumbs up to you!
  • kurtzmillie
    Options
    Anything for a buck!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    She wasn't big before from the pictures? You can't see all of her in the after either. Rubbish article, I agree! Boo

Exactly what I was thinking!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Wow.....I guess we know advertising works :sad: :sad: . What a crock!!! :noway: :noway: For people on MFP who are really working hard and not using harmful "diet" pills...congratulations....you have common sense :happy: !!!! Ding ding ding ding ding!!! Which is more than I can say for that poor excuse for a success story!! Just my 2cents.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!