Salt & Pepper or "Just For Men"?

Options

Replies

• ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Salt & pepper! The guy I'm seeing is OLD and I'm kind of sad that he doesn't really have any grey yet.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'd never dye my hair to look younger, even I had enough to dye. From an employment viewpoint I wouldn't want to work for an employer who was that shallow, I guess the same goes for the opposite sex.

Those commercials always make me laugh, the men in them just come across as vain ex-models with 1st World problems.

When I'm feeling brave later this year I'm going to shave it all off and, as I don't sport any face fungus, the only clue to the colour will be the ... ahem, other body hair. (Yeah - the long wavy tresses on my back)

VU8IF00Z.jpg
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I say either can be attractive, it's more about the man. A confident, secure man can attract attention whether he colors his hair or not.

If you do color, I would advise against Just For Men though. I haven't seen anyone use it with great results. It's meant for the man who wants to look younger but doesn't want to spend much time, effort, or money at it and it shows. Not saying you have to go to a salon and pay big bucks. I just wouldn't recommend this product.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My husband is 38 and totally gray... it's super sexy!
    I, on the other hand color mine OFTEN! I will not let those suckers take over!!
    my husband is getting more salt everyday and I think it's yummy.. be will hot a silver fox one day. well he's already hot... but me, I fight those suckers with everything in me ha!.. in short, men look great with grey.. makes them distinquished and sexy.. makes us girls look old.. not fair but true..
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Keep the gray!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    there is an instructor with grey/white hair at our gym, he must only be about 35 but it looks fabulous on him! My hubby has shaved his hair so its not really an issue anymore, but i would prefer grey over dyed anyday!
    Stick with your natural colour and be confident with it :-)
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Salt and Pepper all the way. you are already handsome....that will add a bit of sophistication.
  • sportsbear46
    Options
    Stay with the S&P
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    As long as the pepper out numbers the salt.. you are good!

Agree....
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and it's happening. . I'm newly single. . It's not out of control yet. . but when it gets there. . . well. . I might just have to man-up and dye my hair. . .

What say you?

meh, I'm 32 and already have a decent amount. My attitude is that as long as it stays on my head I'm happy.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I agree about men... however - what about women? I'm about 60% grey and I'm tired of covering it but my friends say it'll make me look too old to let the grey in.

I'm 39.

Thoughts?
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sadly.. I'm not gonna have a chance to be S & P... Mine just falls out instead of turning.. :(
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like grey hair on men, but I also dye my hair to keep the grey away, and have for 15 years now. I started going grey at 13 and if I let it grow out would be mostly grey which is not something I want at 28. So...really it depends on you as a person and how you feel about it. If you are okay with it, keep it. If it makes you feel older or self conscious, dye it.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Salt & Pepper = Distinguish in a good way! :wink:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Nooooo! Keep it very neatly cut and "salt and pepper" is really attractive.

Unless you're going specifically for much younger women? I'm 25 and I'd give a silver fox a shot ;)
  • joelgriffiths
    joelgriffiths Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are alot of replies here so I don't know if this has already been said, I would suggest doing what makes you feel better. Feeling good about yourself is what makes people attractive. Personally, I don't like the gray hair. It makes me look older than I am, so I color, but I color with something that doesn't completely cover the gray. It covers most of it. but it leaves enough that there is no clear demarcation after my hair grows awhile.

I'm greyer than most men though. I have two adult daughters. :)

I find it interesting that most women here say Salt and Pepper is hot. I'm certain some women prefer little or no gray. I've even heard women say they didn't want to date men with gray hair. At the risk of making all the women angry, I think most of them are thinking of Sean Connery or something. The truth is that gray hair doesn't gray the same way on every man and on some men it looks good and on others it doesn't.

Anyway, do what will make you feel the best about yourself. That's really the whole trick. Taking care of yourself is attractive whether you're a man or a woman.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Salt&Pepper is sexy, especially on WM ;)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    As long as the pepper out numbers the salt.. you are good!

Agree....

Disagree...NEVER a need for, just for men!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I agree about men... however - what about women? I'm about 60% grey and I'm tired of covering it but my friends say it'll make me look too old to let the grey in.

I'm 39.

Thoughts?
    I think some lucky women can pull it off and look beautiful.. Like Paula Deen and really she is the only one I can think of at the moment.. but most women it just makes them look old.. unless you're 80 then yeah let it go grey.
    to the op and the geezer question.. all I will say is this
    Richard Gere, Patrick Dempsey, Sean Connery, Patrick Steward,George Clooney..nuff said!!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options

I'm 39.

Thoughts?

I sort of feel that we women love the older man look....but most men prefer the younger woman look. I think that sucks...but it is what it is.

So, for women (I was a hairdresser before kids) the trick to coloring your hair and not looking bad is to go lighter than what you were before turning grey. A lot of women think that they had dark brown hair when they were younger, so when they start turning grey, the dye it dark brown. Not Good...too harsh on the skin and gives the hair an odd looking texture.

Go lighter than what you were or thought you were before going S&P or grey. And you can hi-lite it for a while before you can see all of the grey....have several colors running through your hair. Hair looks great that way.

I am lucky, at 42 (Saturday) no grey. But my mom and dad are just now starting to get some grey and they are in theirs 60s...so I have genetics on my side.