SAHM, halfway to her goal (pic)

Options

Replies

• JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats on all of your hard work!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! You look Amazing. Thank you for sharing. = )
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am almost halfway to my goal weight, so it is nice to see your results. Keep up the good work; and happy losing!
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    What a difference, you look wonderful. Keep up the great work. {You know that your me time means more quality time with the kiddies and hubbie right?}
  • pinkstarr
    pinkstarr Posts: 27
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work. Very inspiring to a fellow SAHM :)
  • JohnnysJune
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • neriahsmama
    Options
    Awesome.... Keep it up
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you inspire me ;) and your kids are adorable!
  • 1carahmeldiva
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Awesome job and very inspirational. I am still on my journey after having kids (youngest now 4), but this gives me encouragement :happy:
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sexy lady!
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You have done a fabulous job. Keep up all your hard work. Slow and steady does win the race :happy:

By the way your boys are adorable.
  • Trints
    Trints Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello,
    Congratulations ! I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful ! I am short also, just about five ft tall and have weighed 111 and have weighed as high as almost 250 as hard as that is to say, My father died, hubby and I went thru some hard times and then I decided enough was enough and I had to care enough about myself and my girls to lose weight or else I was going to have a stroke or heart attack and at my weight who would be able to do that?So, I started dieting, I would not eat trigger foods, foods that were my favorite, If I were going to the show I would put pretzels or something in a baggie instead of eating the popcorn , I ate a lot of non fat yogurt.I learned how to hoola hoop , not easy at 45! It took about 17 months of dieting and exersizing and I got down to 134. I did quit dieting for about three years and just ate whatever I want and got back up to 176.I have been slowly dieting and trying to change my eating habits because I have arthritis and I do not want to have to "Diet" again.My goal is around 125.I will reach that goal, I know you will reach yours., when we overcome or face problems or decide that we dont want to eat like like we have in the past,that our family and our health is in our hands and we have to take control of it ourselves, no one can do it for us it does become easier and overeating is not fun anymore and it is fun wearing cute clothes and awesome makeup even at my age, and girl, you are beautiful !
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!! Go Melissa, you look awesome and you are doing a fantastic job getting the weight off. So glad you are my friend, you inspire me to get off my duff and do my Leslie workouts. Can't wait to see what you look like when you reach goal, you are already beautiful:)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    First of all....congratulations. You look wonderful, keep up the great work. On another note, I wanted to suggest that you use your kids in your work out. All workouts do not have to be a strict routine. Take the kids for a walk, dance around the house, play leap frog, etc. You can also use them as a bench press and curl bar. :smile: My kids love it when I "use" them for my exercise. One activity my kids LOVE is "Throw on the bed" and its just that....they stand at the headboard and run toward me with their best karate moves, etc. I'm the monster and I have to grab them, tackle them and/or toss them on the bed. Great core, arm, back and leg workout!! Don't think you always have to workout alone - kids have TONS of energy...soak it up.

Way to go Mama!!

My younger will sometimes join me when I'm working out to Leslie Sansone or I'll take them on bike rides around our neighborhood. We've gone on walk on the trails- they love being outdoors! I definitely want them to be active.
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    Beautiful!! Great job - I am also a SAHM and fell into the same trap. Not anymore! I just started my journey 50 days ago, but I am determined to get this weight off for good! I am already starting to feel like my body belongs to me again...kwim? Thank you for posting!!

I know exactly what you mean! :-D
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    Hello,
    Congratulations ! I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful ! I am short also, just about five ft tall and have weighed 111 and have weighed as high as almost 250 as hard as that is to say, My father died, hubby and I went thru some hard times and then I decided enough was enough and I had to care enough about myself and my girls to lose weight or else I was going to have a stroke or heart attack and at my weight who would be able to do that?So, I started dieting, I would not eat trigger foods, foods that were my favorite, If I were going to the show I would put pretzels or something in a baggie instead of eating the popcorn , I ate a lot of non fat yogurt.I learned how to hoola hoop , not easy at 45! It took about 17 months of dieting and exersizing and I got down to 134. I did quit dieting for about three years and just ate whatever I want and got back up to 176.I have been slowly dieting and trying to change my eating habits because I have arthritis and I do not want to have to "Diet" again.My goal is around 125.I will reach that goal, I know you will reach yours., when we overcome or face problems or decide that we dont want to eat like like we have in the past,that our family and our health is in our hands and we have to take control of it ourselves, no one can do it for us it does become easier and overeating is not fun anymore and it is fun wearing cute clothes and awesome makeup even at my age, and girl, you are beautiful !

Congrats to you! There have been times when I had to bring my own snacks if we were in town doing something. After my year on MFP, I slacked off a bit and I wasn't losing the weight. I had to get back on track before I completely fell off. I still have my cheat days but I'm not constantly shoving junk into my face, just a bigger portion than what I would have. It keeps me sane because I know that if I don't have these days, I would fail and gain all the weight back.
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!! Go Melissa, you look awesome and you are doing a fantastic job getting the weight off. So glad you are my friend, you inspire me to get off my duff and do my Leslie workouts. Can't wait to see what you look like when you reach goal, you are already beautiful:)

Thank you, Ruthie! You and I will be smokin when we finally reach our goal that we've worked so hard for. You are one of my biggest supporters, and not only that..a wonderful friend in the cyber world. :smile:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Melissa,
    I'm so glad that you are my MFP friend and I'm so glad that I've gotten to be a part of your journey. You are doing such an amazing job and are working so hard. I'm so excited for you to reach your goal. You are already one hot mama...just imagine what you'll be like then ;)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Great post Melissa! You are doing fabulous and are a great example to all SAHM that it CAN be done...no excuses! I love having you for a MFP friend and you are one of the reasons I keep logging on everyday! I feel we have the same spunky attitude!! We started here around the same time and I too am over my halfway mark...losing some after having baby #2 before I started MFP! Keep up the good work and inspiring others! You look BEAUTIMUS!
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    Melissa,
    I'm so glad that you are my MFP friend and I'm so glad that I've gotten to be a part of your journey. You are doing such an amazing job and are working so hard. I'm so excited for you to reach your goal. You are already one hot mama...just imagine what you'll be like then ;)

Amy..Amy....

You have been one of my inspirations since being on MFP. Seeing your determination has whipped me into shape and stop making excuses. When I had days when I didn't want to workout, I'd log on and see that you busted your butt. You've helped me with my diary and given me great advice. I am your stalker on MFP and on FB! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!