Will that #$%@! "mommy pooch" EVER go away???

Options
Ok, you know what I am talking about... That d@mn pooch on your lower abs. I've had 2 kids. Is that fat or actual extra skin?? I've lost 48 lbs and it's gone down, my stomach in general. I have the beginnings of abs in the upper area, but that stupid pooch.... it's killin it!

Will that ever go away??? Or is it skin and the only remedy is a tummy tuck?? :/

This is what I am talkin about.. This pic was taken about 2 wks ago.

IMG_1789-2.jpg

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've also had 2 kids..... My baby pouch is still there. Sort of like a deflated balloon. Getting better the more I lose though, but I'm sure to make it so I have a smooth tummy I'd have to have surgery.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I am worried about having this problem in 20 more pounds. Bump.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OMG, my tummy looks exactly like yours! Mine too has shrunk with the weight loss but I think a little pouch might stay :( However, it's quite low and nothing compared to my sister's "pouch" who has huge stretch marks/ extra skin all over her stomach (starting above the belly buton down to the pubic area). So... consider yourself lucky that it's only a little pouch, I guess :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    OMG, my tummy looks exactly like yours! Mine too has shrunk with the weight loss but I think a little pouch might stay :( However, it's quite low and nothing compared to my sister's "pouch" who has huge stretch marks/ extra skin all over her stomach (starting above the belly buton down to the pubic area). So... consider yourself lucky that it's only a little pouch, I guess :)

Let's not even start talkin about stretch marks... You can't see them really because the pics aren't the best quality, but my freakin stomach and hips and inner thighs looks like a roadmap for the US.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like to call my stretch marks "War Wounds" however the pooch.. that's another story... I'd like to call that "Gone.."
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will 100% go away, but i'm only down 15lbs and mine is SOOO much better. I hope to get it to where yours is. You look great...don't sweat that part....its part of your momma badge of honor...
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    HA! I celebrate a birthday for that dang thing!!! Soon I shall hold funeral for it! RIP flap, RIP!
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wish!!! I can tell Im losing in my mid section but its still there :(

Any exercise ideas to help in addition to cardio strength training???
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

I have no clue... That's what I was trying to figure out! If that even matters, or if it's pretty much extra skin :/
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think your belly is beautiful just the way it is! You look like you have taken good care of yourself, and you have maintained a lovely figure!
    I call bull$h!t on the messages that our society sends to women that we have to appear as though we never age or have never given birth in order to be beautiful. To me, that's just screwed up. When you factor in all the things that go into creating that "mommy pooch"--love, sacrifice, strength, endurance--those things tip the beauty scale for me. I don't care if the rest of the world thinks differently. Not one person on this planet is going to be young and smooth forever.

Personally, after losing 40+ pounds, weight lifting, and planks, I am much happier with my mommy belly. Although I'm still a work in progress, but I don't believe that the loose skin there will ever go away. So I've decided I earned it, and I just try to make it look as pretty as I can. :smile:
    And here is my mommy belly, after six children.
    c45e3386.jpg
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I wonder this same thing. From what i've read, it never will completely go away, just shrink up. I've lost 18 lbs now and i can tell a big difference already. I think we just have to learn to accept the mom belly,

And, FWIW, You look GREAT!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew the answer... but I am not to that point yet. That said... GOSH you look AMAZING!!!!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Why yes, in fact there are. I read many moons ago and seconded recently by Jillian Michaels. Reverse crunches. Lay on your back, raise your knees to a 90 degree angle and lift your rump off the floor. It's not a huge movement, just use your lower abs to lift it. Adding these reverse crunches to your routine will help tone that lower pooch area.

Good luck.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yep, with weight loss, clean eating and lots of core strength. I've has 2 kids via c-section, first pregnancy I gained over 80lbs and second one I had a 9lb baby so I was not kind to my body. I have more pics in my gallery if you click on my profile.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have a mommy pouch and the worse stretch marks ever. Darn the thinking that eating for two means 'eat whatever you want and don't worry about the 100 lbs you just put on' LOL.

From all the googling I've done (A LOT) if your not looking for surgery as a option, it unfortunately is going to stay. I did read that skin will sometimes thighten up.

For me its.."bye bye bikini" (unless I invest in a 1950's style) and "hello one piece"! :)
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really hope mine goes away!! I am down to 129 and it's still hanging on : ( I feel "skinny" everywhere else except my belly.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    After I had my son who is my second. I dropped down to a low weight and I had no pouch, just a flat tummy and abs. That was when he was like 9 months old. Since then I had a bad time and ate about 100 cookies so my pouch came back.
    I call it my cookie pouch and I am working my *kitten* off to get rid of it, but it wont go anywhere!
    So my point, I think is, yes there is hope.

Love your tats btw.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    still working on mine too.....Keep at it and it will get better....I have 2 kids as well both were over 8lbs.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that pooch will ever go away entirely, without surgery. A poster above mentioned reverse crunches. I think we can tighten those lower ab muscles. But I don't think that will make that little puff of belly fat disappear.

I would have facial plastic surgery before I would have a tummy tuck. I would probably never wear a bikini and my pooch can be hidden under jeans. My face and it's wrinkles, sun spots, and roughness can be seen by everyone! I'd love to have a little botox!
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had any children and my stomach is IDENTICAL. Never had a flat stomach...but that's why I am here!