Who's awake? It's 2:45 a.m. & I can't sleep!

Options

Replies

• shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm awake and it's 4:15 in the afternoon.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    0013; 12:13 AM. Just finished a quick meal to combat midnight munchie madness, gonna get some water, sunflower seeds, have a cigarette with my lady, then get busy!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1:56am here...I can sleep, just want to troll the forums more and offend people

Should we flattered that you haven't offended us or are you still thinking?
    You haven't said anything that I disagree with yet...

Give me a topic you stand firm on. Let's see what happens.
    "Why Are MFP Personal Trainers Know-It-Alls?"

Try again. No knowledge of that.
    "Strength Training is the Only Way to Look Good"

Oh, please be more specific with this one but you definitely have my attention. Instead of quoting, I'm just going to type out your name on future replies.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    I am up at 3 to go to gym to compensate for 4 days of working late and travel eating.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    People say Strength Training is the ONLY way to look good naked. Maybe I don't want to look good naked. Maybe the only person I have to be naked in front of likes the way I look now. Maybe I don't want to look like a female bodybuilder on her off season. Maybe I want to look small and tiny with a cute butt...

There's always arguments about weights vs cardio and the weight people always bash the cardio people and vice versa. I'm a cardio type girl but most of what I do involves body weight.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i'm awake and trying to figure out wtf this thing is my friend drew on drawsomething so we don't mess up our streak.
  • newmein2013
    Options
    Do you guys think that the "healthy" obsession and being addicted to working out and counting calories can be just as unhealthy as being a bit overweight and wishing you were fit?

http://gokaleo.com/?p=431 interesting blog post

Ok, I just skimmed through the first few paragraphs and what I picked up was that whoever wrote the article really didn't learn much about nutrition. Sure there's a lot to learn but you do retain the information. So why spend so much time "thinking about it"? It should have become second nature at some point. Her daughters should have learned simply from her example. The mom is the role model. Personally, I'd rather invest the time now for a year or however long it takes to learn what I need to learn to be as healthy as I possibly can.

I'll read the rest if you'd like but I'd have to put this thread on hold. I'm just not that talented to do both simultaneously. :laugh:
  • newmein2013
    Options
    People say Strength Training is the ONLY way to look good naked. Maybe I don't want to look good naked. Maybe the only person I have to be naked in front of likes the way I look now. Maybe I don't want to look like a female bodybuilder on her off season. Maybe I want to look small and tiny with a cute butt...

There's always arguments about weights vs cardio and the weight people always bash the cardio people and vice versa. I'm a cardio type girl but most of what I do involves body weight.

I had to quote b/c your description was here, lol.

I completely agree with you. I don't care what anyone thinks of my body. I'm living in this skin so, oh well, if they don't like it, they don't have to look.

Does this mean you need to choose a new topic 'cause you can't offend on this one? Sorry, didn't mean to disappoint you. Please try again. Unless you just want to vent. Then go right head.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    1230 am here, I am usually in bed by 9, but I don't sleep well when the husband is out of town, so here I am!
  • newmein2013
    Options
    1230 am here, I am usually in bed by 9, but I don't sleep well when the husband is out of town, so here I am!

Hi, join the chat. We're just inventing things to talk about. Any ideas?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You too!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I had to quote b/c your description was here, lol.

I completely agree with you. I don't care what anyone thinks of my body. I'm living in this skin so, oh well, if they don't like it, they don't have to look.

Does this mean you need to choose a new topic 'cause you can't offend on this one? Sorry, didn't mean to disappoint you. Please try again. Unless you just want to vent. Then go right head.
    I'm not offended that you're not offended :laugh:

Hmm

"Why eating back your exercise calories is important"

First off, I exercise to LOSE calories, so why would I eat even more than I started out with? And no, I'm not overestimating anything because I use a FitBit AND my HRM. So if anything I'm pretty damn accurate with what I burn. If anything I'm underestimating what I eat because half of the stuff I grab doesn't have a damn bar code on it.

So no, I don't find it "important" to eat back my burned calories. Who cares if I earned it? I want to be TINY! So I'm gonna go burn 600+ calories in Zumba and not eat a damn thing pass 1500 calories a day. Hell you'll be lucky if I even eat 1500 calories.
  • newmein2013
    Options
    Ok, I have one. Why do drivers rush past you just to get to the next red light? Do they seriously think they're going to reach their destination that much faster? Are they clueless as to the reasons why some people may drive more cautiously than others? Have they no regard for human life?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Ok, I have one. Why do drivers rush past you just to get to the next red light? Do they seriously think they're going to reach their destination that much faster? Are they clueless as to the reasons why some people may drive more cautiously than others? Have they no regard for human life?
    I don't like when people pass me, or pull out in front of me and drive slow. I don't care if it's two feet to the stop light, I'm gonna prove my pointless point that I can and will outrun you in my Mustang. HOW DARE YOU DRIVE UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT WHILE I'M DRIVING 5 MILES OVER!?
  • newmein2013
    Options
    HorrorChix89:

You got me worried there for a second, I thought I agreed 100% again and ew'd be back at the drawing board. You're working hard on this and I see you're passionate about it. Good for you.

Here's the irony: you're asking a person who just lost 50lbs and still has 70lbs to go about diet advice. :laugh:

Ok, seriously, from what I have learned on my journey to proper health and nutrition is this: carbs & proteins are needed within 2 hours of a workout in order to help fuel the muscles and to help prevent damage to the muscles as well as repairing any muscle damage that may have taken place. Many people do not realize this and work their butts off, lose weight but also lose muscle. That's not a good thing. Some people also have the mentality that as long as they stay within their daily caloric goal, they're fine. Also not a good thing. Fat calories are different from carb & protein calories.

As far as specifically eating back your calories, I agree with you to a certain extent. I too have my total set at 1500 and do try to stay there. However, if my body is calling out for food, there's no way I'm depriving it of food. It's calling out to me for a reason. It needs fuel and energy. some days I eat back none of my exercise cals, some days I eat back some, and some days I actually go over. I'm averaging a 1.5lb loss p/w and my body is getting rock hard but by no means bulky. I do an hour of cardio 5 days a week and 30 min strength training 3 days a week (we're talking baby strength training here).
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Well see here's the thing, sometimes if I eat something I want more of it later on. Like today I had sushi for lunch. And just a few hours ago I wanted more. I couldn't tell if I was hungry or just wanted more sushi. So I ignored it and grabbed a handful of oats instead. Only way I know I'm hungry is if my tummy starts yelling at me. Sometimes that doesn't happen, sometimes it does. So why should I waste time in the gym when I'm being told to make that green number go back down? Seems like a complete and total waste of time.
  • newmein2013
    Options
    I don't like when people pass me, or pull out in front of me and drive slow. I don't care if it's two feet to the stop light, I'm gonna prove my pointless point that I can and will outrun you in my Mustang. HOW DARE YOU DRIVE UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT WHILE I'M DRIVING 5 MILES OVER!?

Ooh, that sparked a flame. You're showin' your road rage face. Yeah, I was like that years ago. Then I became an EMT and all that changed. You get a different perspective when you see people die right in front of you b/c some idiot just had to pass them on the right, not them merge when the lane was ending, blew a stop sign, etc. I hope you change your way of thinking on this one, sooner rather than later. Not everyone knows the roads so well and many drivers have disabilities (i.e., deaf, impaired vision). These people shouldn't be punished b/c they're not perfect or make little annoying mistakes on the road. Driving is a privilege, not a right. It says so in my state's driver's manual so I would think it says it in all.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Ooh, that sparked a flame. You're showin' your road rage face. Yeah, I was like that years ago. Then I became an EMT and all that changed. You get a different perspective when you see people die right in front of you b/c some idiot just had to pass them on the right, not them merge when the lane was ending, blew a stop sign, etc. I hope you change your way of thinking on this one, sooner rather than later. Not everyone knows the roads so well and many drivers have disabilities (i.e., deaf, impaired vision). These people shouldn't be punished b/c they're not perfect or make little annoying mistakes on the road. Driving is a privilege, not a right. It says so in my state's driver's manual so I would think it says it in all.
    You're saying the same thing a cop said to me after he pulled me over for going 85 in the 70. What he didn't know was that I was really going 90ish but slowed down after realizing I was literally flying down the road. All I'm saying is, if you see my silver car coming at you, DON'T PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND EXPECT ME TO SLOW DOWN! Annoys the **** out of me. And yes I WILL pass them and I WILL get right back in front of them to reclaim my spot in the lane. They're just lucky I don't have full coverage insurance...
  • newmein2013
    Options
    HorrorChix89 wrote: Well see here's the thing, sometimes if I eat something I want more of it later on. Like today I had sushi for lunch. And just a few hours ago I wanted more. I couldn't tell if I was hungry or just wanted more sushi. So I ignored it and grabbed a handful of oats instead. Only way I know I'm hungry is if my tummy starts yelling at me. Sometimes that doesn't happen, sometimes it does. So why should I waste time in the gym when I'm being told to make that green number go back down? Seems like a complete and total waste of time.

That was probably the sushi calling you! :smile: I could plow down 30 of them! You made a wise choice with the oats. 6-8 pieces of sushi is about 450 cals and if you use soy sauce, forget about it. If your tummy's yelling at you, you've missed other early more important signs from your body. Same with water, if you're thirsty, you're already becoming dehydrated. You need to learn to listen to your body and what it's telling you. Look for signs of headache, dizziness/balance, sluggishness, not as alert as usual, things like that. As soon as you notice these things, that's when you need to refuel. I don't believe you need to eat back all your cals everyday but a little, or 1/2, or all once a week, that's not bad. You'll still lose and you'll be healthier.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I have a headache right now, mainly because I don't sleep at night and offending people is harder than I thought...Maybe I should go tell a chick with muscles that she looks like a man...that'll piss her off.

But honestly, I can't tell when I'm hungry because I'm usually always hungry...or want food. Food is good. It makes me happy. I do get full fast, but I get unfull almost as fast...I'm weird like that