Who all eats.......

Options
2»

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I sometimes burn 600-900 calories when using the recumbent bike. On those days I don't eat them all. Maybe 200-300.
    I find it hard to eat good quality calories when I have so many extra, so I started just using those as a cushion & don't really plan to eat them all.
    On days that I burn an extra 200-400 I eat about half.
    i agree. It's interesting to see what works for different people.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I sometimes burn 600-900 calories when using the recumbent bike. On those days I don't eat them all. Maybe 200-300.
    I find it hard to eat good quality calories when I have so many extra, so I started just using those as a cushion & don't really plan to eat them all.
    On days that I burn an extra 200-400 I eat about half.
    i agree. It's interesting to see what works for different people.

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I never count my strength training calories, because I don't know how many it is. I do strength training 3 days a week for 1hr each day. I do 45 minutes cardio on the eliptical 6 days a week.
  • ragingtomato
    Options
    When I work out at the gym I always burn around 1,000 calories, and just eating as I normally do I end up having about a 1,000 calorie deficit at the end of the day. Other days I bike, and I burn around 600-700 calories, and those days I end up with about that much as a deficit too. I always thought this was great until I read the things on here about starvation mode and eating your exercise calories. I have been losing weight but I'm afraid I'll stop because of how much of a deficit I have. Anyone think what I've been doing is bad?
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I eat them.
  • apalesko
    apalesko Posts: 21
    Options
    I always eat them. I don't have a lot to lose, though, and my intake is 1200 per day, so at this level, I think it's important to eat them all.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I eat them before I workout. I like to think its because I like to have a workout goal, however its usually because I eat too much and need to burn it off.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Most of them
    I estimate (NO HRM) that I burn 500-600 cals with each workout...I walk, run, sprints on the treadmill and do 30 day shred (2 levels) or JM fat boost metabolism
    I eat roughly 1800 cals a day

Kim
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I never count my strength training calories, because I don't know how many it is. I do strength training 3 days a week for 1hr each day. I do 45 minutes cardio on the eliptical 6 days a week.

On the days that you overlap and do strength and cardio -what do you do for cardio--do you do one right after the other or space them out?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I eat most of them, and I try to load up on the protein and keep it lowfat.

I'm doing some weight training now, and I'd like to build a little muscle while I shape up. That's tough enough to do when you're in a calorie deficit, and impossible without enough protein. :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I eat most of them, and I try to load up on the protein and keep it lowfat.

I'm doing some weight training now, and I'd like to build a little muscle while I shape up. That's tough enough to do when you're in a calorie deficit, and impossible without enough protein. :bigsmile:

wow 59 pounds, that is great!!!! I can't wait until I get to 59 pounds lost. thanks for your response
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine. My research is telling me I'm eating way below my metabolic rate, so I'm increasing my calories, not reducing them. Still trying to find the ideal amount...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey Momof2 :) I usually eat mine, when I exercise. Sometimes I have to exercise to cover what I ate! When I am doing this well, I get 1500 calories alloted, plus exercise. I need to leave @200 calories on the table because of my thyroid not working right. So I generally eat my 1500 and about 1/2 of my exercise calories and that gives me the best, most consistent weight loss. I usually burn 400 - 500 calories, but if I increase that I will eat all my calories, except for that fatal 200 :wink:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

On the days that you overlap and do strength and cardio -what do you do for cardio--do you do one right after the other or space them out?

I do the 45 minutes on the eliptical. I space them out. I do my strength training before work and cardio after work.
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    p.s. walnuts, avocados, and a lovely (carefully measured) glass of red wine are great ways to use up those extra calories if you're struggling.
    :wink:

Casper, love the new pic!!!