Yummy! Bump =)
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump..... think I'll try it with EVERY kind of pie filling.
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Options
    Sounds like "I have a sweet tooth, and have very little in my cupboards, and need to bake something NOW" kind of recipie ;) haha! Love it.

Thanks!
  • rklewis
    rklewis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sondrawatkins
    sondrawatkins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sarge1109
    sarge1109 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisainbama3502
    lisainbama3502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sounds great thanks for sharing. I am going to make this tomorrow.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bumping to find later.
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried this? I want other opinions of people who have made it, other than the person who suggested. Not to say it's not good, just need more info. Thanks!!! :) Sounds yummy though.
    Response below, hope that helps!:flowerforyou:
    Bump

Want to try this out for SUPER BOWL

Saw a reply stating you simply mix these 2 ingredients, that's all, but no one answered yet
    HOW to mix it- by hand or w/ mixer- HOW LONG?
    Check the response for your question on my post below. :flowerforyou:
    hmmm I have questions:
    could you freeze the cooked portions you don't eat?

Or freeze the portion you didn't bake yet?

Absolutely! :bigsmile: Much safer that way!:tongue:
    Love it with crushed pineapple! probably my fav!
    +2 With a "add water only" Angel food cake mix with a can of pineapple in it's own juice. I have made the above in the past made into cupcakes and they are good and a bit less sugar induced coma:smokin: .

Though the cherry recipe sounds tasty, I'll likely go with the less sugar method.

I might try the OP recipe if needing something to take somewhere just not sure I'd do it just for myself. :blushing: :laugh:

Thanks for sharing your idea OP:flowerforyou:

So for those asking, yes, they freeze well, and if they are sinking in the middle be sure it's a "Add water only" Angel food cake mix and that's why you're able to get by with adding only the filling or the can of pineapple (yes the fruit AND the juice).

Yes, you can stir it together in the same pan you're baking it in. If you're doing cupcakes, a spoon will work in a bowl, no need to pull out the mixer and dirty it up.

The above is from my experience for the person asking more details from someone that's actually make this. :happy:

Yes, it really is that simple...cake mix, can of pineapple in it's own juice. Simple simple, don't try and complicate it and you'll find it's an easy recipe.:wink: But be absolutely sure you're picking up the correct type of Angel food cake mix on the shelf at the store, it'll be the difference between success and fail!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Desi, for the additional information. I can't wait to try this. I am having a jewelry party in a few weeks and will make this for my office first and then if it goes over well, will make it for my party. Thanks for all the info and ideas, everyone!
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    yum thanks!!
  • glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i edited this a bit and made it today with a can of lemon pie filling (the regular stuff)...

divided it into 2 pans so they were thin and baked it for 25 minutes

let it cool and sprinkled each pan with 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar and cut each pan into 18 pieces (making 36 servings).. they taste a lot like lemon bars without the jelly/custard bit.

according to the recipe maker here... 74 calories apiece, 0g fat, 1g fiber 16g carbs 120mg sodium.

thanks again for posting this :D