Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for some friends who lift weights...

I love weightlifting. I would love to have some friends to get some ideas from..... The guys at my gym are all a bunch of juice monkeys and there are no women there who actually lift, they just use the cardioo machines and do hours of ab exercises....

Replies

• KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    There are lots of us here!
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    The guys at my gym are all a bunch of juice monkeys...

Hahahahaha, I wonder what they think of you.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Pretty much every gal on my friends list lift and lift heavy :)
  • toxoplasmagondi
    toxoplasmagondi Posts: 20 Member
    Being the only female that I see lift heavy at the gym is a constant source of amusement to me. Keep it up!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Ladies who lift heavy things RULE! :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    ain't nothin wrong with upping the weights!!! Feel free to add me:-)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    The guys at my gym are all a bunch of juice monkeys...

Hahahahaha, I wonder what they think of you.

Well most of them are like 20 - 25 and roided out.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Ha! The old folks at my YMCA always stare in amazement and shock when I start lifting. Don't get me wrong - they are totally nice and awesome - but it's like they have never seen a woman doing curls before.
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    I LOVE weights!!! They have been dear friends of mine lately =)
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 256 Member
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE weights! Had to take a week off last week and I hated it, lol. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    The gym I go to is super small and I haven't seen anyone do a squat or deadlift-they do hog the bench press though! is it just me or do guys seem to be obsessed with arm/chest work and end up looking like roosters:happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    also, I am following Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength", a 3x5 program. SS is a book, but there is a good resource online:
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

It's very simple, for the first 8 weeks, I just work out three days per week, alternating between an "A" workout and a "B" workout
    Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press
    5x3 Power cleans
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Add me! I rather lift heavy than do cardio any day!:flowerforyou: