Those of you who don't belong to a gym....

Options

Replies

• AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I look up a lot of exercises online and rotate them with a Denise Austin video. It is amazing how many exercises you can do with a balance ball and some resistance bands. Never underestimate a good pushup. I also really like http://rebekahandjustin.blogspot.com/
    It is Bex life. Her stuff will SMOKE you good, lol.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I have done P90X, etc but you don't really need to invest in them ... I just like the workouts. Yoga is a GREAT way to build strength ... especially core strength.
    Simple stuff like crunches, pushups (wide arms, regular, close in). Pull a chair out and do tricep dips. Get some bands from Amazon. You can get a KILLER workout with them.
    The advantage of working out from home is you do not have to wait for a machine or weights, don't have to deal with someone leaving the station covered in sweat and you can get your workout done in half the time because there are no distractions. Go kick some butt!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Thanks everyone....lots of good suggestions. I have about 80lbs to lose so I want to tone along the way so I have little or no loose skin.

I understand completely! I've started exercising using the 30ds with Jillian michaels, that seemed to get me started good. I'm now doing JM's Banish Fat, Boost metabolism AND 30DS on alternating days. It seems to be working well. I also take days of complete rest when I feel like I need them. I usually get 1 to 2 complete rest days a week.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Workout DVD's! I lost 40 lbs all in the comfort of my own home. :)
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred toned me like no other.
    Also Jackie Warners 15 minute workouts are amazing.

For cardio, I Zumba and Turbo Jam.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels exercise DVDs.
    Dance DVDS (because I love dancing).

That's about it for me. :)

Oh!

And marine corps fitness. I love some of the exercises on there. Just google it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, when I don't go to the gym, I use resistance bands, or I do bodyweight exercises, like pushups, pullups, chair dips, wall squats, lunges, all that good stuff.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Steal bags of sand from home depot and walk them home.

hahahaha best answer!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    P90X and Insanity DVD's
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Currently the program that I'm on includes strength training and toning. I also follow BodyRocktv.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I rock climb.

Like a boss.

Or baws.
  • gordowens
    gordowens Posts: 55
    Options
    RIP:60
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Free weights and resistance bands.
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVDs and Wii Active 2. I like these way better than going to the gym.
  • RahRahRiotSC
    RahRahRiotSC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Active! It comes with a stretch band and includes strength training and cardio. And it's fun! It helped me lose 30 lbs about 3 years ago. Hmmm... need to get back to it!
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A set of resistance bands can be surprisingly useful, especially if you know how to do strength-training exercises. I mostly just do push-ups and squats, but the only way I can work my back is to do rows and pull-downs with resistance bands.

A man may find them not enough resistance, but I don't have that problem. My bands use clips and handles and a door-stop-thingy, and if I use more than one band at a time, they can be pretty strong/heavy.
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/ZuzkaLight

check it out. Short, effective, HIIT workouts that hardcore build strength
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a multi-gym weight machine and power tower at home (so much for getting the car in the garage.....). If I was shopping again I'd get a decent bench & free weights rather than the mufti-gym.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Firm dvds. Love them!