Starving two hours after breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have found when I have exercised alot the day before I am starving the next day. For example, I am starving today! I ran 5.5 miles yesterday and walked another mile....that is alot for me. So today, I know I will be hungry all day long!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If I just have mostly carbs for breakfast this happens to me. I need more protein and fat to stay full. If I just have cereal, even healthy whole grains like oatmeal, I will be starving in 2 hours. Eggs with a little cheese on whole grain english muffin is what works best for me, sometimes with canandian bacon, turkey sausage or turkey bacon.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions! I have been thinking of upping my cals since I haven't really been losing just floating between 160-162. I will up my cals and try some of your suggestions. Thanks again :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have that problem if I eat cereal for breakfast, I switched to eating mostly protein for breakfast (hard boiled eggs, bacon, avocado wrap) and it keeps me full until lunch time.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mornings that I have to be in work early (7 am) I eat cereal. Usually fiber one 80 or cheerios. Mornings I have to be in later and have time to make breakfast is usually 3 egg whites, a slice of wheat toast with either low fat cream cheese or a natural fruit spread. My late mornings I usually stay full longer. I am thinking of adding a slice of toast with my cereal. Thoughts?

I would add a Hard Boiled egg or Some nuts before a piece of toast. Its the protein and fat in the eggs that is keeping you full longer.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I solve this by grazing

Breakfast at 6am - Fiber cereal with raisins
    Breakfast at 8am - Banana and yogurt
    Snacks - pumpkin seeds, FiberOne bar, etc.
    LUNCH
    etc.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Seconding second breakfast and more than 1200.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1/2c Old fashion oats made with 1c skim milk with 3/4 thawed frozen unsweetened blueberries. Fiber, vitamins & protein in one yummy package. You can add some egg whites on the side for even more protein.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I reach for a mid morning snack.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    This is why God invented second breakfast.
    I often have second breakfast! Especially if I ate the first one early.

Breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper....I think those hobbits are on to something :bigsmile:

I usually eat 2-3 eggs and a slice of wheat toast for breakfast. On days I run, I'll have a serving of multigrain hot cereal (glorified oatmeal) with a handful of walnuts, some strawberries or half a banana, and honey. Then I often have the eggs & toast when I get back from the run.
  • crunchymnky
    Options
    i dont think its bad to be hungry after a couple of hours. i dont know what you eat for breakfast. i usually eat a very full breakfast with a lot of variety. maybe it might help.

bagel thin
    fat freee cream cheese
    low fat cottage cheese
    milk tea
    reduced sugar preserves
    285 calories 26grm protein

bagel thin
    fat free cream cheese
    deli meat of some kind pan heated (1oz)
    milk tea
    1 cup eggwhites
    310 calories 41 grms protein

quest bar
    starbucks soy latte grande
    360 calories 29 grams of protien

better oats 1 pouch
    1 scoop chia seeds
    1 boiled egg
    311 calories 14grm protein

these are my breakfast choices 90 percent of the time. they keep me full for a good amount of time. usually for about 4 hours. hope tihs helps.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've been eating more protein per advice here, and I still eat about 2 hours after breakfast.
    I think slow burning carbs+protein worked best for me. (oatmeal w/whey protein)

The other idea would just to plan for being hungry and have healthy food choices available.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    That's what happens to me when I eat a carb heavy breakfast. Now I drink a protein shake every morning and it keeps me full until lunch. I also don't get low blood sugar crashes like I used to. Low carb high protein is what works for me, and not just for breakfast.
  • iTswape
    iTswape Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My job can sometimes be so hectic than I don't get a chance to sit down to lunch until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and I eat breakfast at 6:30 so I've had to find something that really sticks with me all morning.

What works for me is adding an egg into my oatmeal and topping it with low-fat yogurt. I mix half a cup of oatmeal (not instant), half cup water, an egg, some frozen blueberries and a sprinkle of splenda and put in the microwave for 2 minutes. It is a thicker, more bread or cake-like oatmeal. I top it with low fat yogurt.
  • Perks9384
    Options
    Hey girl, I usually hard boil eggs so that if I get hungry between my early breakfast and my 10:00 snack I can eat that. Protein is definitely the best solution I think. When I spoke with a personal trainer he also said to make sure you eat breakfast within an hour of waking up because if your body doesn't get anything during that time your metabolism won't be 100%. And I am not sure what you do for meals and snacks but Never let yourself get starving plan your meals accordingly. I eat around 7am, 10am, 12:30pm, 3pm, 6pm.