Heels

Options
I honestly look like an idiot trying to walk in them. Do you just get used to it eventually? Where do you get yours? What's your favorite styles?

Replies

• steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    It takes practice. And if you are just starting out, I wouldn't go up more than 3". Just my opinion. And they say that you get what you pay for and to not skimp on heels. Believe it or not, I find Payless shoes comfy and some of the nicer brands hurt like hell.

I love heels!!! Ok, I love shoes!!! lol I don't have any particular place I get them, but my favorite is Nine West. I have the sexiest Nine West black heels!!!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I never could get the hang of it, so I just gave up! lol
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I enjoy watching women walk in them.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    And the most important thing is to invest in the more expensive ones - they're made better and don't hurt your feet as much.

Like these, of course! (wishful thinking on my part.....)

[http://pinterest.com/pin/284149057709325304/image]
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with not going with a heel that's too high but you might also consider a wedge sometimes I think they are easier to walk in.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Love heels..I wear them everyday. Shoedazzle.com is where I buy most of mine but if I walk by a store and get reeled in by a pretty pair what am I to do?

I think I have always worn heels and don't remember learning to walk in them but get a kick out of watching my friend who never wears them trip all over the place when she tries. :laugh:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am a heel fanatic!!!

I have so many heels in my closet its crazy from stilletos to wedges.

They make my happy. :o)
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well, darn it! I didn't post the pic right.....Anyway they were a pair of Louboutons red bottom shoes...only aboyut $500 :smile:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm a heel girl, used to be a lot more before I met my sport playing husband (they're not so great on soggy fields)! You do have to get used to them...start with a small hell and move up as you get comfy!

And don't be afraid to practice around the house....it can lead to fun times :)
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It takes practice, but I've been walking in them foreverrrr now! To self conscious to not wear heels. Wedges are easier to walk in versus pumps. And nine west =O
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I LOVE heels! It does take practice, wedge styles or ones with thicker heels are easiest. You do need to be sure they fit well and don't cramp your toes. Shoes that bend mid foot are easiest on your feet.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY HEELS AND WEAR THEM ALMOST ALWAYS!!!!!!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I agree with not going with a heel that's too high but you might also consider a wedge sometimes I think they are easier to walk in.
    Wedges are definitely easier! I feel much steadier on them. And I think it's just practice. And you need to not have your feet killing you.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You do have to get used to them...start with a small hell and move up as you get comfy!

And don't be afraid to practice around the house....it can lead to fun times :)

My group of friends refer to the smaller heels as "training heels" lol
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Love my heels! Start small and work your way up.

I get most of mine at JCP (I'm cheap and I have 4 boys - they're expensive!), although I have gotten some hand me downs from Nordstrom.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    practice practice practice.

I love heels. I even wore heels when I was pregnant until the day I gave birth! I wear heels to work pretty much every day (except today---it's Friday and the bosses are gone, so jeans and flip flops it is). My favorite places for shoes are Nordstrom, Aldo, and I have a membership to that stupid Shoedazzle.com site. The shoes on there are kinda crappy quality, although I do have a few super cute pairs.

Wedges are definitely a good "gateway" into the wide world of high heels. More comfortable and a bit easier to walk in. It starts with a cute pair of wedges and before you know it you've just ordered a pair of 5 inch platform Michael Kors shoes online for way too much money for no reason...I mean...what? I never did that.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Take it from me ladies, the balance will come naturally. ;)
  • fleabert18
    Options
    Start lower and then gradually move up. I worked with a trainer a few years ago who had me do some weighted ankle strengthening exercises (point and flex) and it helped my ankle strength. They're so bad for you, but I LOVE wearing them. The higher the better! I'm either wearing athletic shoes or über high heels - more time in the workout shoes, though.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It DOES take practice! I have to remember to take smaller steps... not my normal galloping ones. Sometimes I sigh as I'm walking cause it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Platforms are easier...I walk in 5 inch ones and its hawt!