Why Eating Exercise Calories is so important.

Options

Replies

• sevenagagnon
    Options
    I have read several explanations about this and this one is the best! Thanks!!!

When I started I was losing fast then I slowed down and couldn't figure out why. I was excersing nearly everyday and eating less than 1200 a day. Then after reading several posts I realized my body was too hungry to let loose of the weight in a healthy way. I was still loosing weight but my waist was not loosing inches. Literally I was keeping track of my inches and lbs. and my waist was not getting smaller. I have started eating more - still not as much as I should but I am trying. And I am loosing again! About a pound every 3 days.
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I love this example! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    OP is my new best friend.

This.

That is all.
  • joeyt1959
    joeyt1959 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... I am not going to fib it, I have not been eating those exercise calories and I have stopped moving on the scale, I was so hesitant to eat them as I was totally confused BUT FINALLY someone (you) have made perfect sense of it!! Kudos A++++++
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jeenie3
    jeenie3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also started using Fitbit to track my activity and calories burned. It is linked to MFP and I started to see all of these leftover calories. I thought, great, I'll lose weight faster. Now I get it. Thanks azazelrabbit for breaking it down for us. Very informative.
    So...let's see...I should EAT my extra calories to keep a healthy metabolism and still lose weight. EAT more food. I can do that!!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I repeat this question - what if, at the end of the day, I don't want to eat those exercise calories simply because I am NOT hungry?!
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Thank you so much for explaining it! I finally understand! :happy: I sense great things in my future...
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This post is very educational. I'd like to save it to come back to later. Is that possible (sorry, new user)
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WOW! it totally makes sense now!! thanks
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    Thank you!!! This was never really explained to me so i guess i should listen to my nutritionist :)
  • Jjmcgaffey
    Options
    to coconutbuNZ:
    I figure, if I'm really not hungry - I don't eat. On the other hand, some days I've eaten my entire allotment (exercise calories and all) and I'm starving - so I eat. I pay attention to the goals each day, but the weekly Net Calories chart is even more useful (in Reports>Nutrition on the web, in Weekly in the Android app).
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    I like this, I think it makes sense. Why wouldn't you eat your workout calories, I do and try to stay under 1400 or meet 1400. I have a job that I sit somedays, move around on others, great explanation
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good read!
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    Very informative
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. :)
  • alaska11