Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've got a weird one. Having to buy a size smaller underwear. That's never happened before. Other than bras, unfortunately the girls won't get smaller. :(
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me happy. I hope to get to a consistent stream of these little things - i've been a yo-yoer for too long!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Obvoiusly we need these NSVs because the darn scale moves SO SLOW!! My friend just told me she can see my face thinning and my butt lifting and that she's jealous that I'm so dedicated to eating right and being active (I told her I hope I'll rub off on her!). I did need to hear that this morning, because my scale didn't budge from this time last week.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Having a bite of my son's donut and realizing, I don't like the way it tastes!!
  • DelightITL
    DelightITL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit into clothes I havent been able to squeeze in just 12 months ago. Now those clothes are a bit baggy.
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    32" Jeans again! When I went up to a 36" pair, my wife said I'd never get back into a 32" pair again at my age (38). Buying that new pair of 32's in front of her and fitting in them with room to spare was a huge NSV for me. Still got a a way to go though.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?

I long for the day when I can cross my legs like a girl! WTG! :)
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I went to the movie theater and the seat had more room than the last time I was there!!! It felt great!!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have a lot, but I'll just share a couple....4 months ago my blood pressure was a scary 160/110, and I could not walk up my stairs without getting dizzy. Now my blood pressure is 110/70, and (just for fun) I RUN up my stairs every night carrying both my kids (40 lbs each)....I'm stronger now than I've ever been in my life. :drinker: Cheers to LIVING instead of just surviving! :drinker:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have really fat upper arms-They both had a crease about a fourth of the way up that would show up when my arm was barely bent and yesterday I realized that I can no longer do anything to make the crease show up on my right arm and as for my left arm I have to bend my arm in a weird way and flex to get it to show up. It was funny to me but also a really cool NSV!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this counts, but it made me feel awesome anyway. Last night I was complaining to my husband that all this counting calories and walking and weight lifting have gotten me no where yet. I'm becoming very discouraged. He leaned over and kissed my forehead and said that he doesn't care what size clothes I wear or what the scale says; he will always think that I'm the prettiest and sexiest woman in the world. :blushing:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this counts, but it made me feel awesome anyway. Last night I was complaining to my husband that all this counting calories and walking and weight lifting have gotten me no where yet. I'm becoming very discouraged. He leaned over and kissed my forehead and said that he doesn't care what size clothes I wear or what the scale says; he will always think that I'm the prettiest and sexiest woman in the world. :blushing:

Awwww, heck YEAH that counts!!! My hubby has loved me in many forms--skinny, fat, and now (getting) fit--Hooray for a good man!! He's a keeper!!

And keep your chin up girl! You're getting healthier, and the weight will come off if you're patient! Eat, lift, cardio, and be merry! :drinker:
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today I slid on a pair of pants buttoned and zipped them up before realizing they were a size smaller than what I wore last week!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym every day. No matter what that lying scale says!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Awwww, heck YEAH that counts!!! My hubby has loved me in many forms--skinny, fat, and now (getting) fit--Hooray for a good man!! He's a keeper!!

And keep your chin up girl! You're getting healthier, and the weight will come off if you're patient! Eat, lift, cardio, and be merry! :drinker:
    Having the support of a great husband is such a huge motivator, too! He has always told me that he loves me the way I am and it wouldn't matter to him if I weigh 150 or 550. He knows that I'm not happy with myself the way I am though, and has been super supportive. He tells me every day how proud he is of me for getting healthy and trying to lose weight. I'm definitely not going to give up; gonna keep pushing on. I can feel the skinny me in here somewhere and I can visualize her...I just wish it didn't take so damned long! lol
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    being able to fit in one panel of my tri-panel mirror! And when my husbands 23 year old friend told me I was hot
  • acoons1990
    Options
    Ran a non stop mile at 5.5 mph today! I've never done that in my life!! :)
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Workouts that used to burn 1000 cal per hour now only burn 600 cal per hour.

Fitness FTW!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I was the only one that did this with the towel. Too funny!! Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?

BOTH of these i use to have to keep adjusting the towel to get it to stay together and up . also i use to have to tug on my pants leg to just cross my legs .
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds stupid but when I first bought Zumba for the Wii the belt for the remote didnt fit around my hips.... after a couple weeks of doing the zumba it now fits!! I'm looking forward to being able to make it smaller and smaller the more weight I lose xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!