Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    They are kinda silly... but they make me happy :smile:

-I put on a belt i haven't be able to wear for a couple years the other day. first notch BUT it's something :laugh:
    -I actually have a legs and a bottom now instead of... well a butt that just goes straight to legs :blushing:
    -On Day7 of the 30Day shred.. going strong!
    - I lost 3 WHOLE POUNDS last week. I wanted to cry :ohwell:
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i bought a bra from Victoria Secret Christmas 2010 and had to buy a extender because their biggest size was still a little small i was so heart broken . NOW i cant wear that bra even without that extender because its 4xs to BIG !
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

OMG This without a doubt!!
    And then my sister when I went back home last week screaming across a carpark "wow sis! check out your legs! Wow I want pins like those!"
    That made me laugh since my sister is beautiful and in great shape and I'd kill to look half as good as she does but for her to have noticed is definately a NSV since shes usually oblivious to anything like my weight loss. lol.
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gave me a belt because my pants are trying to fall off...I pull them off and on without undoing them. After I lose 20 more I am getting new britches :bigsmile:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've had to make three more holes in the new belt I bought before Christmas.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im down 4 pant sizes in 6 months. I have no idea how many inches I've lost casue I was too down to take start mesasurements.
    My enegery level is way up and I feel WONDERFUL and enjoy life..
    How are those?
    Oh also by being here on MFP I have met and friended a great group of people who are the best and so supportive!! Thank you!! :smooched:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Needing to buy new *smaller* workout clothes!!!

And now I'm too big for some of my clothes/fitting into my old ones(;

MFP is awesome... just sayin' (;
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

Oh yes! Isn't that a wonderful feeling! congratulations.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I can chase my twin toddlers faster. ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    after I dropped 65 lbs and my friend saw me after his travelling was over ( before that I was 240lbs), his eyes almost popped out of his head and he thought I had become a heroine addict..
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've gone from using my inhaler a few times a day to a few times a week
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    My face looks thinner!!!! WAHOO! I am thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth more too. Instead of eating in Zombie Mode!

I ♥ NSV!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've gone from size 18 pants, 2XL shirts, 42DD bra to 8 (loose) pants, S/M shirts, and 36C bra.

My brother is away at college so when he came home for break he took one look at me and asked where the rest of me went.

My kids like to tell people their mom is getting skinny, one guy looked at me then looked back at them and said "she already is", I wanted to kiss him.

Exercise is now my sanity saver instead of candy or junk food.

I now eat and enjoy: spinach, brussel sprouts, cabbage, chick peas, tofu, shrimp, salmon, tilapia, cod, scallops, curry, squash, beets, artichoke, feta, hummus, some gluten free stuff, soy nuts, dark chocolate, and will look to try and find low sodium and or no sugar added. I didn't used to touch this stuff.

I bought my kids Twinkies and Oreos about 2 weeks ago and haven't touched them.

Going to put on my "skinny" clothes only to find their too big.

Having people who haven't seen me in a long time do a double take or even better walk right past me cause they didn't recognize me.

12 flights of stairs in 5 in platform heels and not dead, heck barely winded.

Doing JM's Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism from start to finish without having pause cause I couldn't breathe. Doing her No More Trouble Zones also straight thru (not in the same day...yet) and not needing to stop because of muscle pain.

Having one of my bodybuilder buddies tell me my triceps looked great, that was awesome!

This one is my biggest because I have really struggled with not being able to see my weight loss when I looked in a mirror: I finally saw it! Like really saw it, so I promptly went out and bought a jean mini skirt (I've always wanted one). Soon as the weather warms up a bit (okay maybe a lot cause I'm constantly cold) and I've got a bit of a tan I am so wearing it to my favorite bar on Girls' Night Out.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Found 4 pair of jeans folded up in the back of my closed I had outgrown. Fit great now! It's like I went shopping.

Here's another one for you. CONGRATULATIONS on you loss and having one pound to go!!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a stack of clothes on my dresser that are too large. It seems that I am adding something to that pile at least once a week. On a sad note, though, some of the clothes are my favorites :(
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options

This one is awesome! My most recent was walking down an airplane aisle with space to spare and actually having to tighten the seat belt! Whoot!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can get in & out of my jeans without unzipping them!

I have had this "problem" too but they were my favorite pair of capris.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    - I don't usually listen to the whole BMI chart thing, but for the very first time since owning the wii fit game, I heard the little voice yell out, 'That's overweight!' instead of, 'That's obese!'. I've could recall being overweight as a kid and teen, but things got even worse when I became a young adult, so just stepping foot into the overweight category is enough to make me giggle like a little kid on Christmas! [This actually happened to me this morning so I'm still beaming a little from it.]

- One of the older NSV's of mines that keeps me rearing to go is that I've from a size 18 pants and an XL shirt down to .. well I haven't gone clothes shopping in quite a long time, but I believe it's between 12 and 14.. and depending on the top, I can fit comfortably into a medium.

- Two weeks ago I saw an old childhood friend of mines in the store. She didn't even recognize me until her older sister said something. That's when her mouth dropped and eyes bugged out from the disbelief. She went on and on and on about how good I looked (but of course in my mind I always see much need for improvement).

- I once suffered from acid reflux but midway into my journey, it vanished. In fact, I can eat and drink nearly anything I want and not have to worry about carrying TUMS around with me or feeling sick. Hell even extremely hot foods aren't a match for me. Mwahaha!
  • MonsterBookOfTysons
    Options
    My 'new' swimming costume is getting baggy around the bum. I bought it middle of January and swimming has been my main exercise.
    I used to get migraines a couple of time a month, but have only had 2 since December better diet to blame. :D
    I m feeling firmer around my hips and stomach.
    My clothes are fitting better.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well, my wife texted me the other day. Big deal huh?:indifferent:
    I was in an environment where I could not hear the phone.:huh:
    Evidently I have lost enough weight that I could feel it vibrating across my @$$ since it was in my back pocket.:love:
    I texted the wife back about what happened. She almost spit her drink everywhere and then tried texting me a few more times that day just for fun.:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!