Going out with the Girls! What's better to drink?

Options

Replies

• Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Mixing diet sodas with liquor makes the body absorb the alcohol faster.

I like vodka with half tonic water, half soda water and a lime. 70 cals for an ounce of vodka. Half a can of tonic water 70 cals. Soda water 0 cals.

Tasty, tasty, tasty!

^^^ Yeah, this!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice has a lot of calories and sugar. Stick with either fire fly sweet tea vodka on the rocks 60 calories with a lemon wedge or with a splash of water and a lemon wedge. You can have svedka flavor vodka and either club soda or tonic for about 60 calories (svedka voda is the only one infused with real fruit so there is no added calories or sugar).

I have never heard of sweet tea vodka... My main concern is too many calories, and having too high of a blood sugar spike for me I seem to CRAVE sugar and fried foods and my self control is shot by then. I would end up saying "FREE WEEKEND" and gain 3lbs back and kick myself monday... So I am trying to balance and avoid that.

Fire fly sweet tea vodka is AMAAAAAZING, one of the women from real housewives of something made it, also a skinny girl margarita in a bottle which is really really good. As far as beer, bud select 55 or mgd 64 or mich ultra are your best bets
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    What's a Gin & Slimline tonic?!!

Do you not have tonic water over there?

Tonic water is a carbonated mixer, usually with Gin or Vodka.
    My favourite is Tonic with a slight lime flavour
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    They're all emty calories so pick something you love.

I love Guinness and can nurse one for an hour or so since I like them best at room temperature and most places insist on serving them cold.

As long as you stay away from sugary mixers....and you just have one or two....and it's not a daily thing.... you should be fine. Just enjoy yourself!
  • tlmartin317
    Options
    Vanilla Vodka or Whipped Vodka (Smirinoff) with Diet coke/diet pepsi/diet sprite is my drink of choice. I agree w/ drinking a glass of water b/w drinks. Because liquor gets you drunk so quickly, the water slows it down so that you can enjoy your evening and not get too hammered too quickly and then not enjoy your night (or make terrible food choices).
  • najh4
    najh4 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you SO much for all the info! I am STRUGGLING with this last 25. I am taking my children on our first family vacation, and I want to feel good, maybe buy a sundress... I have been avoiding going out, wanting so much not to fail or give up this time. I want to hit my goal weight this time around.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Peach Vodka and Soda. Yum! Sometimes I add a splash of oj.

Ooooh... I gotta try that.

But no OJ... Far too many screwdrivers in my youth. haha
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    Peach Vodka and Soda. Yum! Sometimes I add a splash of oj.

thats what im gonna try tonight! that sounds goooood :drinker:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for all the info! I am STRUGGLING with this last 25. I am taking my children on our first family vacation, and I want to feel good, maybe buy a sundress... I have been avoiding going out, wanting so much not to fail or give up this time. I want to hit my goal weight this time around.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Look at your weekly avaerage, and throw in some extra exercise today and just don't over do it tonight. Make sure you drink water as well because alchol def dehydrates you and will make for a ****ty day tomorrow. I go out and have fun and just sip one or two drinks the whole night. Plus dancing burns calories ;)
  • sarai79
    sarai79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Vodka with diet tonic water and lime is my go-to low calorie drink :D cheers :drinker: :smokin:
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mic ultra lite is pretty low in calories ... only about 70 ...

nothing with juice ... you could drink vodka, soda and lots of lime or maybe a splash of cranberry for flavor but truly...those bar juices are just loaded with sugar.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka (grey goose or absolut mandarin) and club soda (zero calories) and a lime!

With dinner or in the afternoon, I'll have a glass of red wine!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    How about a "virgin" drink (non-alcoholic)? What could you order that's low cal?
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet tonic water, not as many calories as a beer and a higher proof
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mich Ultra or Vodka and tonics with lime are my go to's! :)
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Vodka diet coke with lemon or lime. Yum!
  • QuietDissidence
    Options
    Alcohol has a bunch of empty calories and thats not even after you add a mixer! Plus, once you get your buzz on your inhibitions go out the window and it's harder to make smart choices....including healthy ones. When I know I'm going out I make myself workout harder and/or longer, enjoy a good healthy meal before hand so I'm less tempted to binge on bar food and alternate drinking my cocktail with water.

My alcoholic drink of choice right now is whipped vodka, club soda and a splash of some kind of fruit juice or a small portion of regular soda (I cant stand drinks with the fake sugar) =P~ The club soda has 0 cal so it helps me cut back on the sugar. Regardless of what you do enjoy yourself! It's ok to splurge every once in a while ~just do it in moderation =)
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda with a squeeze of lime (or lemon). 64 calories.
  • kari_
    kari_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bacardi Limon & water with a lemon. Very few calories!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the vodka. More bang for your caloric buck if you want to actually "feel" the effects. If you just want something to hold and look cool at the bar, go for the light beer. Michelob Ultra is a good one :drinker: