Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Today I weigh 199 lbs. I have a 1 at the start not a 2!! So happy.

I know technically this is a scale victory but It was a big milestone for me LOL

I'm fitting back into my old jeans. It's like having a new wardrobe and today I wire a size 14 UK trousers. Don't think I've wore a size 14 since a was 14
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    60 days in and the pants I "fatted" out of a year ago now fit :)
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've had a few but one the other day was my best I think. I recently got all my old clothes from High School and College from my parents house and some didn't fit yet but there were these designer jeans I used to wear all the time my freshman and sophomore year of college. I am about twenty pounds heavier than I was then but I was able to get them on and button and zip them showing myself while I was lighter on the scale then, I'm smaller now than I was then.
  • senprob1424
    senprob1424 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    last belt loop not being tight enough and being able to lift my FULL bookbag with only one arm! boom!
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear for the past five years - despite being plateaued in my weight loss!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fitting into clothes I thought I would NEVER fit into again, running 2-4 miles at a shot (7+ miles the other day), not having a "double chin", a very high sense of self-confidence just to name a few! :)
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My favorite random one is super difficult to explain, but when I'm driving I can bend my knees much higher and still have room to turn the wheel. Before, my hand would hit my legs. Something about that makes me feel much smaller. =)
  • Ttrishaa
    Ttrishaa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can crouch down on my feet without losing balance and can get back up without having to kneel for balance. That's one of my favorite! Hahah, but it's also nice to notice more hard spots on my legs that used to be squishy. =)
  • lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Down to two diet sodas a day...my goal is one a day next week, and then completely off!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Fitting into clothes I thought I would NEVER fit into again, running 2-4 miles at a shot (7+ miles the other day), not having a "double chin", a very high sense of self-confidence just to name a few! :)

awesome accomplishments! great photo with the "old" pants!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've gone from using my inhaler a few times a day to a few times a week

Me too! I hadn't even realized it for awhile till the doctor asked how often I was using the rescue inhaler and I couldn't remember the last time.
  • erikkanicolejessen
    erikkanicolejessen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Less jiggle! And being able to dance around in my underwear, and in front of a mirror, no less. NO MORE TRASH TALK IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR!
  • Samcgly
    Samcgly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! :) I was bummed this morning that my scale hadn't moved in a few days so I decided to do measurements and found that in a little over 2 weeks I had lost 37 inches from my body - some of the biggest amounts from my hardest to lose places like my hips and thighs!!! I WAS STOKED!! :)

I've also decided to start Insanity with my hubby, who has also joined MFP today and for us to be on the same page at the same time is a major accomplishment that can't be measured!! :) 4 kiddos, full time jobs and college on top of that makes for busy lives and it's great to find common ground that we can lift each other up and encourage each other while each reaching our own goals!! :)

We've worked out everyday for over 2 weeks, ate healthy, and are physically feeling good!! awesome!
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my grandmother last week - who had previously told others in my family that I should get gastric bypass - and she said "You're getting so skinny! I need to go on /your/ plan!"
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I love this thread!! :) I was bummed this morning that my scale hadn't moved in a few days so I decided to do measurements and found that in a little over 2 weeks I had lost 37 inches from my body - some of the biggest amounts from my hardest to lose places like my hips and thighs!!! I WAS STOKED!! :)

I've also decided to start Insanity with my hubby, who has also joined MFP today and for us to be on the same page at the same time is a major accomplishment that can't be measured!! :) 4 kiddos, full time jobs and college on top of that makes for busy lives and it's great to find common ground that we can lift each other up and encourage each other while each reaching our own goals!! :)

We've worked out everyday for over 2 weeks, ate healthy, and are physically feeling good!! awesome!

I love this thread too! I never knew how many great NSVs would be shared and how inspiring it would be. They have given me (and others) another way to look at how we are doing with making great choices now at this point in time in our life!

37 inches - unbelievable!! good for you. I should find my measurements that I took back in January... although my weight loss is not great yet. I needed to see some NSV's! Thanks for sharing!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I went to visit my grandmother last week - who had previously told others in my family that I should get gastric bypass - and she said "You're getting so skinny! I need to go on /your/ plan!"

Weight is such an easy topic for Seniors.... there is not much editing going on there! :) Good for you with your success... and nice to hear nice comments now from your grandmother!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My resting BP, which has been creeping up for the past 5 years, has gone down to 90/70 - at my annual checkup my PCP actually high five'd me!
    Wrapping a regular towel around my body is a definite NSV!
    I'm only limited in the amount of groceries I can carry into the house by the need to leave a hand free to open the front door!
    Being told my butt "stands at attention"! LOL
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Down to two diet sodas a day...my goal is one a day next week, and then completely off!!

That's great - listened to a nutritionist just this past week who said pop (of any kind) is just empty calories. She said - if you had to - light pop is better than dark pop... and pop (not diet) is better than diet... as aspatame (?sp) is not good to put in you.....

I've stopped buying it - because when it is in my house - I drink more.... so - the odd one every now and then - I'm okay with - just don't need it at home.

Good luck with it... you'll reach your goal
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    My nick name at work is p90x... :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I ran 86.71 KM this month!

and I never ran in my life before last September.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!