Sixers Sweating It Off wk 2

Options

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    sorry it took me a while to respond....but i had to go grocery shopping.

a little about myself. well, where do i begin?
    i am happily married for almost 15 years to a wonderful man. hubby and i have three adorable children together 13, 12, and 3. I am an Early and Elementary student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree. I have always been over weight. i would lose weight but then i get side tracked and it comes back...i recently lost 40 pounds and gain 10 back. i found this website hoping it would help me lose my 10 pounds and some...:grumble:

i started the begining of july and happen to lose 4 pounds..it not much...but i think at it this way...it better then nothing....i am tired of being fat and that is why i need some kind of support system...it is very hard to do something (w/o the help of your family) alone...thank god i found this board or post...not sure what's it called.

my daily routine...fill out my food log on mfp..and my exercise log...then cross my fingers and hope to stay on track...some days are better then others. btw, i will be going on vacation and will be back next friday (8/21)or saturday (8/22). so i would not be able to weigh myself until i get back..however, i will watch what i eat and exercise everyday...even if tht means walking outside for 30 minutes.

i hope i didn't put everyone to sleep with my boring story...but that is my life and you asked for it...lol:wink:

happy success to everyone on this team:flowerforyou:

Falha
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    For those who are doing the C25K, could you describe the program a little for me? I may be interested in doing it but would like to know how gradual it is and how many times a week you have to do it. Being well over 200lbs I am not sure I am ready yet but would like to be some day, plus I hate the sensation of my flab bouncing...ick... if I have to run.

Take care and any input is much appreciated.

Tammy

You can find the program on coolrunning.com, and it starts you out slowly. The first week, you run 1 minute at a time with walking time in between for 8 intervals. The next week it is a minute and a half running, six intervals. Third week is 1 1/2 minutes interspersed with 3 minute runs, for a total running time 10 1/2 minutes. I'm on week 4, which is 3 minute and 5 minute intervals. Even though the weeks are numbered, and they say you can get through it in 9 weeks, you can take as long as you want. I've redone a couple of weeks now. If a minute is too much to start, make up your own program with half minute intervals :wink: . I found a site, not that I can remember the name, that actually had a walking program that then led into the running program. It taught speedwalking. There's a couple of c25k threads on the MFP forums, and I would suggest checking those out. I wouldn't let your weight be an issue, there's some other heavier people on there (heck, I was 190 when I started it). Just make sure you have GOOD shoes.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Kristin SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS growing a baby sixer!
    Robin (pettmybunny) SW 184/ GW 180/ CW 182 Progress -2 lbs
    AmyLou SW 153/GW 147/CW 152 PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Maggie (magglett) SW 184.5/GW 174.5/CW 185 PROGRESS =.5 lbs
    Tammy (derocco) SW 235.8 / GW 225 / CW 234.0 PROGRESS: -1.8 lbs
    Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 160.0lbs PROGRESS +/-1.8 lbs
    Falha (falhaone) SW 210 lbs GW 190 lbs CW 210lbs (since i started today in this board, No weigh loss)
    malinda(mxburke) SW 155 lbs /GW/ CW lbs PROGRESS +/-lbs.
    Amy(pdxmomof2)SW 200 lbs/ GW 188 lbs / CW 199 lbs PROGRESS - 1.0 lbs
    Katie (kge8580) SW 181/ GW 170/ CW 183 PROGRESS + 3lbs

Amy (amypyr) SW 152.4 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 152.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps) SW 140.4/GW 135/CW 140.4 PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) SW193/ GW 185/ CW 193 PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    Melody (exorcize) SW 215 /GW205 /CW 210 PROGRESS - 5 lbs
    Martha (mjheinrich) SW 135/ GW 130/ CW 135 PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Rhiannon SW 179 lbs / GW 170 lbs / CW 174.8 lbs PROGRESS - 4.2lbs
    Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 156lbs PROGRESS -2.0lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 157lbs /GW 150lbs /CW 157lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Nikki (nightshadow) SW 154/ GW 125/ CW 151 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Ok, so I gained two pounds in one day, can we say water weight? Wow! I hated seeing that on the scale this morning. But, I did my SHRED workout this morning, so I still feel good.

Welcome to the newbies! Congratulations on making a really positive move for yourselves by seeking out the help and accountability of others who are experiencing some of the same highs and lows you are. Way to go!

Have a good night ladies! I am excited to be going for a massage and foot scrub this evening while the kids are at VBS!!! No, I haven't reached some wonderful weight goal that I deserve treating for, but I am here with the kids alone until hubby comes home at the end of September, so I am treating myself anyway, plus it was my birthday six days ago (not sure how many more things I can treat myself to and still be able to say that :wink: ). Anyway, I am looking for my haiku book and as soon as I find it, will post some more of those.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    somewhat stressin' not going to eat, not goin to eat.

son was as been accused of a criminal charge from his job. his job believes him the customer hasn't reported to police and it's been almost a week. strange there. will keep updated. keep us in prayers please.

need to get my nightly chores done.

later
  • Edjsmom
    Edjsmom Posts: 22
    Options
    Elaine (Edjsmom) SW 234.5 lbs / GW 225 lbs / CW 232.5 lbs PROGRESS -2 lbs
    Falha (falhaone) SW 210 lbs GW 190 lbs CW 210lbs (since i started today in this board, No weigh loss)

Hello Everyone,

I missed my exercise lastnight...a long hard day at work. Will be sweating it out tonight.

Cathy ~ Hang in there woman! Show that food who's boss and keep it that way!

Lauryn ~ (((HUGS))) I'm sorry about what you're going through. I couldn't imagine what I would do. Just remember when no one else is treating you right you have to treat you right. So, take care of yourself and your little princess!

Amylou ~ Thanks for the quote. For some reason it made me laugh?!?!!? (I'm a little crazy)

Talk you all later!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options

I was somehow bumped back down to the bottom list, so I'm posting again. I'm over my cals by about 250 tonight, but I haven't exercised either. I've only gotten half my water in, but I know I can get the rest in before bed. Especially if I can get my exercising in. :smile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good evening all ... I just got back from a hike at the Woodend Conservation Area near my house. I did 45 minutes and according to my new HRM I burned off 359 calories. I always thought the hikes burned off more then Turbo Jam Party but apparently not. Things that make you go hmmmmm. Well ... it's almost 9:00 pm here in Niagara, Ontario so I'm going to some dishes for fun, then have a shower, then off to bed. I'm pooped tonight.

sweet_dreams_-8578.gif
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Katie (kge8580) SW 181/ GW 170/ CW 183 PROGRESS + 2lbs

Re posting b/c for some reason, when I posted this, I couldn't add, it was 2 pound gain, not 3, lol
  • chipper15173
    Options
    wake up and get yourself going......:drinker:

i am up and getting the energy up to get to the gym. will head out soon. have a great day all....

later
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Good for you Cathy, to get yourself motivated this morning. I got up early (DH dropped something in the shower and the clunk woke me up) and have been ensconsed on the couch, wrapped in an afghan, icing my left leg. Oh, and reading. I'm not too motivated this morning--pretty soon though, I have to get dressed and change the kitty litter and get the garbage out to the roadside.

I'm icing my leg because I wasn't paying attention when I left the school yesterday (had to go and see if we could pick up our freshman's and sophmore's books on senior day since we'll be gone on the cruise for our days). I was looking over the materials in the athletic packet and didn't notice the step down. I didn't fall, but I landed hard on my left leg with my knee locked. Since then, my shin area has really been hurting. I don't think it's the muscle, it actually feels deeper than that.... Ugh

Yesterday, I went to the library and picked up another book--remember that reading contest? lol... Anyways, it is called The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. Oh my gosh! It was awesome! I couldn't put it down. It was only a couple hundred pages, so I had it read in about 2 hours or so, but it was soooo good. I was verklempt a few times, and was actually crying a bit at the end. It wasn't a sad book, but was oh so touching. I'm telling you all to go see if your library has it!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Robin I love that book!! I cried too, no worries! It has such a great message.

hate to run off so quickly but I will post more tonight. Off to work!! only three more days at my internship!! :bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    didn't make it to the gym. just don't have the energy this morning. i know my own thoughts, i will be angry at me for doing this.

but, i have already gotten a load of laundry in the washer to be hung out, have about 4 total loads today. already swiffered the dog hair and ran the quick vac. did the dishes and pick some grape tomatoes and 1 squash out of the garden. played with the dogs, and picked up. so at least i got something done. still plan on doing my grocery list and hope to get something in this afternoon.

need to get the laundry on the line, buzzer went off.

bunny take care of the knee if that's what hurts. they are no fun at all. shanell has had water on the knee for many years from a fall. i have a bad knee. going to check on this book.

later
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Thanks for moving me up! I was home with a migraine yesterday!:grumble: But feeling better today! Since I shared belly pictures last week, I thought I'd share nursery pictures this week!

Walking into the nursery...
    100_2998-1.jpg
    The changing table...
    100_3000-1.jpg
    The crib...
    100_2999-1.jpg
    100_3002-1.jpg
    Where my little munchkin will sleep...
    100_3001-1.jpg

I also have another dresser I didn't take a picture of. It's like the changing table but taller with five drawers, plenty of room for all baby's stuff!:happy: Oh! And I have a rocking chair in there now too...took the picture before it was in there. Maybe I need to take some more!

Hope you are all having a great morning!:flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    Options
    Morning gals! Thanks for moving me up! I was home with a migraine yesterday!:grumble: But feeling better today! Since I shared belly pictures last week, I thought I'd share nursery pictures this week!

Walking into the nursery...
    100_2998-1.jpg
    The changing table...
    100_3000-1.jpg
    The crib...
    100_2999-1.jpg
    100_3002-1.jpg
    Where my little munchkin will sleep...
    100_3001-1.jpg

I also have another dresser I didn't take a picture of. It's like the changing table but taller with five drawers, plenty of room for all baby's stuff!:happy: Oh! And I have a rocking chair in there now too...took the picture before it was in there. Maybe I need to take some more!

Hope you are all having a great morning!:flowerforyou:

Awe ... that's too cute. I want a grand baby but my girls won't get on it. Oh well ... maybe soon. My youngest is getting married in August 2010 so I'll put off the nagging until the honeymoon is done. :laugh:
  • magglett
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm feeling blah this morning ... where is the sunshine ... I just can't seem to wake up without a good dose of sunshine today. The radio promised me some for this afternoon and we all know the weather forcasts are never wrong. Oh well, we'll see. I'm looking forward to some kind of hike tonight ... I downloaded some fun funky get you moving music onto my ipod ... you know "Black eyed peas", "Lady Ga Ga", "Pit bull". That should get me pounding out the sweat in no time. Anyway ... just wanted to say hi to all and wish you a happy, healthy day.

greatday.gif
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Falha, your story was great!! I hope you have a blast on vacation. I always induldge on vacay, but try to stick with my 8 glasses of water and walking to balance out a little bit. Where are you headed?

Tammy, the coolrunning.com site is free (YAY), the others make you pay. I started with the C25K and need to get back to it. Recently, I've just been trying to run a mile or a mile and a quarter, for endurance, but I really want to do a 5k one day, like..... uh I was gonna say this fall but it is already this fall!!! :laugh:

Katie, it's water weight. Keep on track honey!!!

Cathy, (((HUGS))). I hope the situation with your son works itself out!!!

Elaine, thank you for your kind words!! Hope your workout was great last night!

Amypyr, Cathy was worried she dropped some updates when she transferred us to the new week. Sorry! Glad you fixed it. And 250 cals over is still a deficit :bigsmile:

Maggie, you are SO GREAT about doing varied and intense workouts. I love hearing what you are doing, hiking and walking and all the places you go! I love it!!

Robin, I am pretty good with vocab. I tend to make others question what I'm saying actually due to my word choice. But you put me to shame with 'ensconsed' (I have an inkling there) and 'verklempt ' (which I've heard before but don't remember). Miriam-Webster dictionary, here I come!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (I do like that you used those words -- makes me go learn a little extra today!)

Amylou, YAY for 3 more days only!!

Cathy, all that housework burns calories too. Don't be upset for not making it to the gym, so long as it wasn't traded for sitting on the couch with a bag of chips and the tv on. You still moved and were active!

Kris, I hate my work internet filters!!! I will look at the photos when I get home. I can't wait to see them!

OH MAGGIE, I hate that Pitbull song!!! :laugh: He says "Rumba" (or something) but it reminds me of my mother's Roomba, the robotic floor vacuum! And then he counts, in English AND in Spanish. It's like listening to Sesame Street!!! LOLOLOLOLOL My spin instructor played it Monday night and it was great to work out to. HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND SOME SUNLIGHT TODAY!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey lauryn,

i will definitly, hopefully stay on track.

my husband and i, well he is still undecided on where exaclty he wants to go, we went on craigslist and we found rental homes w pool, full furnished home, equip kitchen, and at least 3 bedrooms. we narrowed it down to either West Virginia or North Carolina. West Virgina is a rental cabin with the pool, tennis court, and lot of other activities for the kids... and North Carolina is just the pool. Virginia is three hours away and North Carolina is 61/2 hours, both driving,....kids don't care where to go, but hubby want to go to North Carolina. However, the dates we plan to leave is all booked in NOrth Carolina, so i think we are going to Virginia... Maybe next year we can go to North Carolina or even make it to Florida again...

We plan on leaving on Thursday night or Friday morning...so i am still packing for the trip...3 kids is a lot of clothing...

Falha :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Falha, I live in NC!! Went to college in the NC mountains, so I probably know the area you guys are looking at! Can't go wrong either way. VA or NC are nice vacation spots, in my opinion. I bet you will have a great time!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Robin, I am pretty good with vocab. I tend to make others question what I'm saying actually due to my word choice. But you put me to shame with 'ensconsed' (I have an inkling there) and 'verklempt ' (which I've heard before but don't remember). Miriam-Webster dictionary, here I come!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (I do like that you used those words -- makes me go learn a little extra today!)

LOL... verklempt is from SNL... a Mike Myers skit... He would become "verklempt" over something, then give a topic and say "talk amoungt yaselves" I did have to google it to get the correct spelling:laugh:

DH and I always try to throw out various odd words to each other, periodically. Our "10 cent word of the day"

As long as you're good with vocab--- the word often--- do you pronounce it like it's spelled, or do you pronounce it "offen"? My son and I both say often with the t, DH and his kids say "offen". (FYI- the dictionary says you can pronounce it both ways:laugh: :laugh: )