What is your favorite motivational quote, saying or mantra?

Options

Replies

• TheUltimateWarrior
    Options
    Whenever I find myself using that dirty word "exercise" I have to wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • badgersexlobster
    Options
    Fear is the mind killer, I'll face my fears and let them pass though me...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i turn negativity into my motivation for fuel
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options

"Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment!"

^^^ Luv it!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    "If I am not for myself, who will be? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel

This is long, but I love it:

"Life is tough, that's a given. When you stand up, you're gonna be shoved back down. When you're down, you're gonna be stepped on. My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles. It's no secret, you'll fall down, you'll stumble, you'll get pushed, you'll land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it. Remember this, success has been and continues to be defined as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down. If experience has taught me anything, it's that nothing is free and living ain't easy. Life is hard, real hard, incredibly hard. You fail more often than you win, nobody is handing you anything. It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck and overcome all the difficult, the nasty, the mean, the unfair. You want more than you have now? Prove it! You wanna be the very best there is? Get out there and earn it! Once you decide that, you'll know where it is you want to be, and you won't stop pushing forward until you get there! That's how winners are made. At the end of the day, success is what we all want. We all wanna win, and the race will be won. There is no question about that. So c'mon, get out on top, run faster, dream bigger, live better than you ever have before. This is in you. You can do this. Do it for yourself. Prove it to yourself."
    -Limu
  • clareshard1
    Options
    I love that! Completely sums up anybody trying to lose weight!
  • clareshard1
    Options
    sample not sabotage,, that keeps me going when in situations where there are lots of foods I dont want to miss out on or feel left out from,,
  • clareshard1
    Options
    Wow,, I could feel my chest puffing out as I read that!! Very good indeed, thank you for sharing that,,
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine is 'bye bye'

Bye bye old slovenly habits
    Bye bye old bad eating habits
    Bye bye old waistline
    Bye bye old stupid attitude

Some of you were great fun to have around (pizzas for lunch with extra cheese - yum!) but like a houseguest with BO, you have outstayed your welcome.

Bye bye.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Sorry........I have 4

1. "Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist, but the ability to start over." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

3. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent van Gogh

4. "Shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you? You are at your very best when things are worst." - Starman (1984)

New beginnings are WONDROUS. Confront your fears and NEVER let them stop you. Do EXACTLY what you've convinced yourself you cannot do. FIGHT hard on your peaks. FIGHT harder in your valleys.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration. At any given moment you have the power to say: this is NOT how the story is going to end!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Losers always whine about there best, winners go home and F*** the prom queen!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    To win, you must first lose!
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    "JUST WIN BABY "

AL DAVIS
  • eternitywaitsloss
    Options
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi
    "No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it." - Napoleon Hill
    "Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known." - Chuck Palahniuk
    "Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most." - Chuck Palahniuk

and about a zillion others. I love quotations....

There's one specifically that I've been wanting to get a tattoo of:

"Would you scream with me, sing it sad and sweet? Would it make you cry? Would you finally see that all your lives are moments, all you words and closeness keep you here and human - whispering tonight?" - LUDO, Scream Scream Scream
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    even God can't change the past
  • Biggrun
    Biggrun Posts: 12
    Options
    My favorite motivational quote comes from Teddy Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. "

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. "

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. "

-All by Walt Disney
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options

"Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment!"

I have also heard "Sweat is fat crying"

I also like "This isn't Sweat....it's Liquid AWESOME".
  • Mrs_Raquel
    Options
    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson