What to say when people ask you your weight

Options

Replies

• 1DEH
    1DEH Posts: 23
    Options
    I tell them I haven't weighed myself in almost 3 years (the truth) but I'm probably close to 130 (also the truth). I then ask them how much they weigh :laugh:

"I then ask them how much they weigh."
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Who would ask such a question? Were they raised by wolves? That's ridiculous.

And that is probably exactly what I'd say to someone who had the cojones to ask such a rude question. Or I might ask what their annual salary is.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on who was asking and how. I don't think anyone has ever asked me except in the context of a conversation about weight loss or something. And even then I can only think of once where someone has asked. I mean it's no secret how overweight I am, I don't feel like someone is going to suddenly think I'm fat when they didn't before. :) Though I admit that if someone asked in what I felt was a rude way I'd be tempted to let my smart-*kitten* side out and answer something like "oh, 115, but someday I'll get back down to 100!"
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I haven't read everyone's response ,but I feel as though I'm the only one who doesn't really mind the question. Granted I've lost all my weight, so that could be why . . .:tongue:
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been asked a lot by guys while trying to date. I simply say to them it is obvious I am fat and if you have an issue with me not telling you my exact weight that is your problem. Only people I share my weight with is my doctor and very very very close supportive people.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have never minded saying how much I weighed. People are always surprised when they hear what I weigh, because they say that I don't look like I weigh that much. Which is a bit of a backhanded compliment, but it's just a number. I don't consider it rude. It's not like they're asking if I like going downstairs on my boyfriend or something like that.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have a "Look" I reserve for people who are rude. I lift one side of my lips to reveal one canine tooth and I growl softly. Most people get the hint, but for the dense, I say, "ask rude questions much?"
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Options
    For me I don't mind, I've lost a decent amount of weight now and putting it in context for people usually makes them more impressed. Usually when I tell people my current weight they think I must weigh less than that because I look (deceptively) slimmer. It's pretty flattering actually.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I tell them I weight 50lbs on the moon
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    i usually say "if i told you i would have to kill you, and i like you so i dont want to have to kill you" and smile. they get the point usually. if they insist then they are just rude lol.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have always said my actual weight.... Most people guess I weigh less than I do... Plus I weigh more than friends that I am smaller than... Muscle takes up less room than fat!! I'm proud of my weight!!!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    For me I don't mind, I've lost a decent amount of weight now and putting it in context for people usually makes them more impressed. Usually when I tell people my current weight they think I must weigh less than that because I look (deceptively) slimmer. It's pretty flattering actually.
    I do the same thing actually.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I tell them I weight 50lbs on the moon

Winner!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    At a birthday party I had to tell someone my weight to get them to back off the your need to bring this home. No one wanted the leftover cake and because my mom and I with 4 kids were headed home they though we should have it.
    I asked her, " So even at your heaviest did you weight 200lbs? No. I did just 2 months ago. We don't want it."
    She was adamant about us taking the left overs. She just looked at me and said," I had no idea." Well no she does. And I don't think she will forget because I turned the "Question" on her and like everyone knows it is a very hard thing to say I weight X lbs.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Personally I think I would rather be UGLY when answering that question. Friends would never ask, those that do deserve what ever answer they get......

I agree. I just say "nunya" which is short for "none of ya business"
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Well, depend on the situation. Not everyone asking is meant to be rude. If they asked me I'd tell my weight. If they made fun of that, they'd usually expect a nice good punch in their face lol... Asking for the weight is like asking for your age nowdays, it is not good to ask it in not a proper situation.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I would just say " I only give out that information on a need to know basis" and then say nothing else. The only people who truly need to know your weight are you and any medical staff you may be seeing....thats it period.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on who was asking and how. I don't think anyone has ever asked me except in the context of a conversation about weight loss or something. And even then I can only think of once where someone has asked. I mean it's no secret how overweight I am, I don't feel like someone is going to suddenly think I'm fat when they didn't before. :) Though I admit that if someone asked in what I felt was a rude way I'd be tempted to let my smart-*kitten* side out and answer something like "oh, 115, but someday I'll get back down to 100!"

Pretty much this... It comes up in convo with those I discuss my journey with, (my face book friends for sure). But if the Q comes at me in a rude or judgmental way my sarcastic ways come in play
  • Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe a more relevant question to ask them back might be "What is your IQ?" :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law was asked that question at a family reunion by someone she had not see for years. It went like this, " Man you got fat, how much do you weigh now?, and she said, Yeah, well I can lose weight ,but you'll always be ugly! " I love her so much!!!