50-60 olds needing to lose 50

Options

Replies

• dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do it and I will be here to support you. I just started last week and lost 6 1/2 lbs. in a week. This really works and
    exercising gives you more calories, meaning more food.:drinker:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    There are many, many of us here on this fantastic tool. I found the new group and will join. Ive been here since January and have lost 15 lb. it really works!
    Thanks for setting up the new group, Joy. I hope you don't mind that I posted an "introductions" thread there.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I am 51 and need to get rid of 106 lbs.
  • keyserp
    keyserp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it and I will be here to support you. I just started last week and lost 6 1/2 lbs. in a week. This really works and
    exercising gives you more calories, meaning more food.:drinker:

This is not a lecture - it is a caution:
    An insight I've (unintentionally) gained... which is why I am quoting you... "Don't eat your exercise." Me: Guilty as charged. I'd burn " X " amount of calories working out and then eat it right back.

I have the same goals as most everyone here has posted, I could not understand why I was staying at the same weight after all the exercise until a link on Fitbit caught my eye "Don't eat your exercise". Now I am very mindful to stick to my target calorie count for each day.

I do find MFP a very helpful tool and thank you all for listening.

Peace
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i was *S*.. then joined mfp a year ago... welcome!

i came to a stall when losing at first.. until i started eating my exercise calories back.. yes, all of them *L*
    That made a huge difference and i lost much more consistently after that
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and have 46 more lbs to lose. It is reality of our generation!
  • sbuntain
    sbuntain Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes 58 years old and 40 lbs over weight, I have lost 3lbs in two weeks...so slow.

:wink:
  • katadams618
    Options
    Yep- almost 59 years old and have about 35 to lose. Insulin resistant and is going to take a while and I get impatient sometimes...sure is harder to lose than when I was 20!!!! Am doing low carb and still limiting calories to between 1200 and 1400/day; walking and strength training 2x a week am hoping to step this up to at least 3 x a week meeting with trainer tomorrow re changing up plan, Best of luck on your journey!!
  • katadams618
    Options
    Is thre a group for us pre-golden year folks?
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Is thre a group for us pre-golden year folks?

Yes. joy31021 created a new one. 50-60 over 50 to lose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4543-50-60-over-50-to-lose
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi. 60 yrs old male from Syd Australia.... diabetic for over 10 yrs. Doctors want me to stop taking metformin due to consistent normal numbers, I hesitate. Keeping blood sugar normal by limiting carbs to less than 100...... hour or two of daily brisk walk helps.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    oh yesssss!!!!! I turn 50 this month! I really want to lose a little more than 50 0r 60, maybe closer to 70-80. I am in though. Need all the support i can get and am here to support others as well!!!!! Have a great day
  • srathfelder
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 and on Jan 5th I started this journey with 55-60 lbs to lose. As of Thursday I have lost 30.4 so I am half way there! I am doing Weight Watchers with a couple of friends from church and using MFP along with it.
  • nanasam59
    Options
    HI
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    i was *S*.. then joined mfp a year ago... welcome!

i came to a stall when losing at first.. until i started eating my exercise calories back.. yes, all of them *L*
    That made a huge difference and i lost much more consistently after that

Shelly is one of my inspirations, she helped keep me going!!!!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    50 and need to lose 33 to be healthy and another 20 be stunning again ;)

I'll settle for the 33. Have lost seven so far and just started on myfitnesspal. Was shocked that I was eating way more than I thought.
  • old918
    old918 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 56 years old and looking to lose about 55 pounds. Come to think if it, I should make that 56 pounds just to be symmetrical. :-p

I'm maxed out on friend requests for a while but please feel free to add me.
  • pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone…can I please also join this group? I’m 55 and need to lose 40 pounds. I lost 20 pounds with the help of MFP in 2010 but since has regained it back plus…I quit smoking last Aug. and have finally decided after all these Years “ I want to be healthy plus I just want to look good in my clothes again.” I would love some MFP friends for support!!!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Joined the new group! Thanks for making it up! Tried to add you all as friends but unfortunately it has timed out for now.. feel free to add me.
  • CocoKeys
    CocoKeys Posts: 3
    Options
    Me, too. I am 63 and would like to lose more than 50. Knees have been getting worse every year. Have a friend with a lap band and she swears by it. I would just like to do this without surgery. I hope I can keep the will power to reach my goal.