Jillian Michaels Body Revolution success!

Options

Replies

• KatiePanda25
    Options
    what exactly is this?

It Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. It is a 90 day/ 3month program.

I'm on phase 2 and just started the workouts 7/8 yesterday and I haven't been this sore in a couple months! She really pushed those planks, LOL. But I LOVE it. Way to keep it up ladies, sounds like yall are doing an awesome job :)
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between this and JM's 30DS, etc...?
  • KatiePanda25
    Options
    What is the difference between this and JM's 30DS, etc...?

Well the 30 DS is just that a 30 day program. BR is a 90 day program, which also comes with meal plans/etc. There are some moves from the 30 DS that you will come across in BR but there are also a lot of new and more complicated moves. You have 3 phases (3 months) and each phase has 4 workouts and 1 cardio dvd (that you will use the whole month). The workouts each target diff parts, one will target the front part of the body where the next day targets the back part of the body. For example you would do workout 1, workout 2, cardio, workout 1, workout 2, cardio, and rest day. Do that 2 wks in a row- Then move on to the next 2 workouts plus cardio. The workouts are still 25-30 min long though..which is awesome for mommies,lol.
  • blueeyedcristi
    Options
    Are these okay for ppl that are really out of shape or should I wait until I am more active?
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Are these okay for ppl that are really out of shape or should I wait until I am more active?

it's actually an "extreme weight loss program" and the workouts start out "easy" and get progressively harder. i start week 7 on monday and i love it. i think all types of people could use this program as she gives many modifications to make the moves easier AND harder. highly recommend it.
  • kitsrunner
    kitsrunner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine was just delivered a few days ago, bought all the food, read all the books....I'm starting today...like your idea of blogging to stay accountable but don't know how to do that.

any words of wisdom before I begin this 90 day journey?
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Velks39
    Velks39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These success stories are so inspiring to hear! I should have my program on monday, which is when we start spring break! So that's exciting! Thanks for all your input!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Are you only able to buy this off of the official website? I looked on amazon and could not find it. Also, how much have you payed for it? Thanks!

I am thinking of tryint it... do you think it is only really worth it if you do this workout every day?

I am afraid I'll get bored and go to the gym on some days...
  • KatiePanda25
    Options

it's actually an "extreme weight loss program" and the workouts start out "easy" and get progressively harder. i start week 7 on monday and i love it. i think all types of people could use this program as she gives many modifications to make the moves easier AND harder. highly recommend it.

I agree :)
  • KatiePanda25
    Options
    I think at the moment you can only buy it off her official website. I got it right around when if first came out and I believe I paid the $135.00- which includes shipping. It's not a bad price for everything you get :)
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    Are you only able to buy this off of the official website? I looked on amazon and could not find it. Also, how much have you payed for it? Thanks!

I am thinking of tryint it... do you think it is only really worth it if you do this workout every day?

I am afraid I'll get bored and go to the gym on some days...

you won't get bored! every day you're doing a different workout. not ANYTHING like 30DS. I got bored of that because i need change. but for example the schedule is: day 1: workout dvd 1, day 2, workout dvd 2, day 3: cardio dvd day 4: workout dvd 1, day 5: dvd 2, and day 6 cardio, then rest, repeat for 1 more week, and then start with dvd 3&4. it's wonderful, and very challenging! :) and she encourages "extra cardio" too, I like zumba, so i go to my zumba classes once or twice a week still!
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    Awesome success so far! It really is a great program. Im on week 3 and have already lost 9"...only 1-2 lbs though but Im getting close to my goal weight so it's the inches I really want to see go anyway. I love the workouts, the music, the encouragement....it was definitely worth the $ to me!

Keep up your great work! I will have to check out your blog! :)
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Do you have to follow the meal plan to be successful with this program?
  • steff160
    steff160 Posts: 3
    Options
    You DEFINITELY will not get bored! She gives you a ton of modifications, so it's easy to push yourself and mix it up!
  • blueeyedcristi
    Options
    What is the meal plan like?
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • klafrankie
    klafrankie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Body Revolution soon and you will be able to follow my story at http://myorganicrevolution.blogspot.com
  • asakarc
    asakarc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am supposed to receive the DVDs today...! I was wondering if I have to have weights with me to start the work out...?
    If so, what's the weight (lb) I would need to get?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do you have to follow the meal plan to be successful with this program?

Eating properly is important but I don't follow her meal plan (about 1200 cals per day). I use some of the breakfast recipes but that is it so far. The calories are too low for me, and I'm nursing my little one still. I eat 2000-2200 calories per day and have already lost weight and inches after 1 1/2 weeks of this program.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!