30 day shred starts today!

Options
Hey guys I'm going to start the 30day shred today and I'm just wondering what I would put it under on my exercise diary. Already tried searching for it to see if it came up and it hasn't so just trying to find out what everyone else has put.

If anyone else feels like joining me on this I'd be grateful for the support (or advise from people who have already started/completed)
Thanks guys :)
Abbi xx

Replies

• stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well. April is perfect since there's 30 days in it :D As for tracking, here's a thread which helps explain the calories: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53632-how-many-calories-burned-with-30-day-shred-levels.

This could be the new April 30 Day Shred thread??
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wicked thanks hun :)
    Oooh it could be. I dont even have proper weights, im using bottles of waters haha.
    Good luck with your 30days! xx
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im going on day 6 someone told me to log it under Circuit training so thats what I do. I also dont have weights I use soup cans for weights lol

good luck with the shred...
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am alternating 30 ds with ri30 and shred it with weights, 5 days a week, even though I'm doing something different from you I'd love to check in and hear your progress!
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm starting it today as well!
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've done it for today and jeez my legs are aching already, I'm dreading tomorrow morning! Although I feel like I should be doing something more as its only around 20mins, has anyone who has already started feel like this?

I've taken a before picture, so shall post it when the 30days are up with an after picture, lets hope there's some sort of difference.
    Would be interested to see others before and after pictures when they've completed it too :)
  • stayseeing
    Options
    I'm gonna do it at night. That's great that you finished day 1.

FYI - for anyone wondering where to get cheap weights, I got mine at Five Below for $3.50 each. (3 lb)
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well :) Going to start as soon as my youngest goes down for a nap! I agree April is perfect with the 30 days... that's why I waited to start until today! I'm glad you posted this thread.
  • kcantella
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Is shred a DVD program you are following? Does it also have diet plan with it? sounds interesting and 20 minutes is something I could fit in. Thanks!
    Kristen
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I took before pics as well and will definitely post at the end of the month
  • stayseeing
    Options
    Yup. You can get it on Amazon for $9.99 (or less). It doesn't come with a diet plan, but I think you could probably buy one? There's three levels that you do for 10 days each. You have to buy weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface.
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    I just started it today also! I already did it and boy I didn't I was going to finish it but I pushed through and did it and now I feel great! Good luck to all of you!
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just finished... I feel great!
  • kcantella
    Options
    Yup. You can get it on Amazon for $9.99 (or less). It doesn't come with a diet plan, but I think you could probably buy one? There's three levels that you do for 10 days each. You have to buy weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface.

Thank you for filling me in!!
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I started yesterday, so I don't know much about the program yet either...but I might suggest one thing: stretch a bit more than she suggests at the end of the workout. I woke up SO sore today, and perhaps that's what's to be expected (or just me), but I did a bit of Googling and other people suggest more stretching as well. I stretched more after today's and hopefully won't be as sore tomorrow morning ;)
  • kboatright
    kboatright Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 2. I did 30DS last summer and had good results so I'm hoping for the same or better this time! Good luck to everyone, we can all do it! :-)
  • stayseeing
    Options
    There were a few things that I couldn't do. The bicycle crunches at the end were horrible lol. But I finished.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    mine starts on monday ( april 2). i have done it before, but didn't last the distance. please add me for mutual support.

am i the only guy who does this program???
  • KadyLisette
    Options
    today was day 1 for me too... so very painful. I think I will use 1 lb weights to start. I used 4 lb weights today... ouch!
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4, I agree with extra stretching, I do a lot more before I start and that seems to help with the soreness. I log it under circuit training at 180 (I looked up a bunch of calorie burned suggestions and took the average) I love that is only 20 min and she switches it up enough that I don't get bored or totally feel like I'm going to die (well, sometimes a little) I'm hoping for some good results! Good luck to you!!!!!