Spectacular Shredders (start Aug 1st) all welcome!

Options

Replies

• maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I went for a run/walk (day 3, week3 for the couch to 5km) and then did the shred video. Im goiing to work, and then when I am done work, I am going out dancing for a few hours...no alcohol though because I pack on wayyyyy to many pounds when I drink too much he he!

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow! i always find the weekends a tough time to persevere through!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've just found y'all and I hope you'll let me join. Today is day 4 of shredding for me (I made a chart, too, and put it on my bedroom door where all my kids can see :)

My five pound weights are a little much for the whole routine, and I have to be careful with my bum knee, but I love, love, love that I can lie in bed 12 hours later and feel strong muscles just being strong. How is that possible after such a short time?
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group - we are happy to have you. It really is a good workout, so concentrated. Glad you are enjoying it so much. I've taken off two days for other obligations but getting back to it today.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi...just on day 6 of the 30 day shred and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The first 3 days I could not walk! But today I actually felt really good! And I couldn't believe it was time for cool down! Progress :)
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    I moved up to shred 2 tonight, really good workout, nice change from shred 1. It was more difficult but not as much as I was afraid of, didn't complete all the reps but most. Will be a good one to work on this week. Hope everyone had a good and healthy weekend.
  • Mizzbehaven
    Options
    i just started day 1 today. I had to girl-ups and i didn't think I would make it through but somehow i did! Whew! I'm ready for day 2. :happy:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I did not get a chance to do my workout all weekend. I was busy moving my oldest son back home and rearranging furniture so I still got a lot of exercise and strength training! lol My living room is full of boxes and until I can clear that back out, I wont be able to do my workout. The plan is to get the taken care of tonight and then I will be able to get up early and sred although I might do my kickboxing instead...I'll see how early I wake up! lol

Jenn...awsome!

Kaylou, that is great! The workout goes very quickly doesn't it?

Khorrell - Of course you can join us. Welcome! I always like the way I feel when I first wake up to, isn't that funny?

Maddibabe - You are doing great with your motivation! Wow! The weekends are my worst too. Makes me mad because I undo what progress I made through the week. Agrivating!

Here is to a great week!
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    so the weekend is NOT MY FRIEND. I try to be good but I agree, I tend to undo what i work so hard for. I am just kinda feeling blah and down today. I have to get up at 5:30 am and go for a run and then do the shred when I get home. I just really need to kick it in high gear again soon!!

I want to go wedding dress shopping soon but I dont want to go until i feel sexier lol! and by sexier I mean more confident and happy with my body!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Maddiebabe, you could still go dress shopping. Buy one that fits and that can be altered with no problem. It could be a great motivation! I even have known people to get a dress size smaller for motivation but I think that is way too risky because you can't alter it bigger. Did you set the wedding date?

Well my living room is still full of boxes so it looks like I will just go to the gym this afternoon. I have got to get some sort of exercise in and it isn't happening at home. My little house is too full of people and stuff! lol 1200 sq ft, 4 bed, 1 bath, living/dining combo, kitchen. 4 people, 1 dog and two cats! Can you say packed?! It felt so big and spacious when my youngest and I moved in. Not any more. I am begining to think I am going to have to sign up for some more classes and forget trying to do this at home, it just isn't working out for me and it is getting me discouraged and stressed out! lol

Hope everyone else is having more success!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much. I did 3 days in a row last week and then just stopped, AF came and I didn't feel like exercising. Now that she is almost gone I got back into it yesterday. Went back to level 1 and I was sore when I woke up this morning, but just for the heck of it I did level 2 today. It was very hard, but I feel so much better now that I think I will continue on with level 2. I think level 1 would be just to easy now.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Got up early this morning and did my kickboxing. That felt great! I just have to push through being tired and not wanting to get up so early because once I am up and done with my workout, I feel so much better. The livingroom is still a mess but I just moved everything out of the way and went for it. I just can not afford a gym membership or class right now. Too many school supplies, clothes, haircuts and classes to pay for. I will perservere! lol

So how is everyone doing? Has everyone left us or given up? Check in all!!

Have a great day!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So I have now done level 1 for 10 days..when did everyone switch to level 2....I am a little SCARED :noway:
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    Ok ladies, I am taking the weekend off because i will not be around my house moer than a few minutes until sunday night at 9pm (and I dont like to do any exercise the hour before bed) so monday I am back at it HARDCORE and looking forward to it. I even got my fiance interested in it so we are going to do it together each night before dinner. He said he needed motivation to get back to working out and I told him if he did it each day with me, I would take him shopping for a few new shirts in a couple months.

And pickadilly...I totally agree, I would NEVER buy a dress a size smaller because I am afraid something would happen and I wouldnt be able to fit into it even a year down the road! I am actually interested in wearing my mom's wedding dress whichis very timeless...its got little lace capped sleaves and a sweetheart neckline and is an empire cut and It is beautiful but I would need to drop about 3 sizes to fit in it properly but I think that if I put my mind to it, going down a few sizes should only take 6mths max because I tend to drop a lot more inches then I do pounds when I am motivated...which I am now!!!

ooooh and we did finally pick a date picadilly! Its September 25, 2010! We went to look at a venue and fell in love on Thursday and booked it the next day so i have 13 months and 2 weeks to get ready :)
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    Hi Shredders!!! I've been off a few days, my boyfriend was in town so i took the time to just have fun. Didn't get in my shred but we did take some good long walks. Will be back on the shred schedule tomorrow, I've actually missed it. Hope everyone is doing great!!
  • dferguson
    Options
    Hey!! I have been doing the shred every other day for the last 2 weeks and I am still on level 1!! lol..its been tough but I have lost 6 pounds!! yay...I have also been doing a regular hr of cardio every day and strength routine 3 days a week!! I am also scared to switch to level 2 so I think I will stick to level 1 for another week. Hope everyone is doing well and starting to see some results too. Good luck!
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    HOLY 6lbs, that is great!!! congrats on all yoru hard work. i wouldnt really worry about the "30 day" part of it, if you arent ready to move up to level 2 yet, I think thats fine because you want to get the best results possible and if you arent ready, thenyour form and technique could suffer if you do to much to fast :) But that is just my opinion.

I unfortuantley fell off the wagon this week and have to hop back on next monday. I am awya all weekend doing the Maid of Honour thing so there is litterally no spare time and no dvd players where we are going. I am just goin to have to slip away for a run each morning to get soemthing in :)
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    Hi ladies - this board has gotten a little quiet. Hope everyone is doing well. I was off for a few days last week but have gotten back on task this week and have done the shred twice, still alternating with running. I'm on level 2 now and I really like it, a couple of the plank moves are really hard but I like the squats and arms.

Just wanted to say hi. Keep on shredding :)
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    OK, last week I was so absolutely swamped, I could not squeeze the shred in.
    Not even one day. :embarassed: :sad:

I'm back on track though.

Good news: I've lost 4 pounds!

I've been really good about my calories, but even that surprised me. The shred rocks!!!

This has to be one of the best workouts ever!

Hope you're all doing well.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I havent done my shred since the Friday before last, I think. I was busy with the bfs fam, then a week with my mom and uncle for moms bday in WI, and now Ive been sick....
    I feel pretty bad about it and Ive been guilting myself like crazy, but I cant sit at the computer without feeling masively feverish.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!

What are you all up to?

I hope you're all shredding away. After doing the shred this morning - still on level one :tongue: I could feel those muscles quivering... like little engines, shaking away. This was after skipping several days in a row. :embarassed:
    The good news: there must be something to be said for consistency - I didn't feel this way after days 8 or 9, so I must have been getting stronger each day.
    The bad news: I can't believe how much weaker those muscles were after skipping a week. I just hope I don't have to go through all the soreness again, that would be a real bummer (not that I don't deserve it).
    So I'd like to encourage you - if you feel like skipping, DON'T! If you want to quit - DON'T! If you're tempted to give in and feel like it doesn't matter - DON'T.
    I've learned my lesson. Restarting is more painful than just keeping up with it everyday!

I'm leaving for vacation in two weeks. We're going to the coast - and I have a new swimsuit. Size 12. I tried it on last night, and I definitely have to lose a few inches in the middle. I've started a 10 minute pilates workout (targeting on the abs) today, in addition to the shred. I'll let you know how that goes.

I hope everyone is making progress.
    Enjoy your weekend - in a healthy way!!!
    :flowerforyou: