Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• hannp
    hannp Posts: 34
    Options
    I only started last wednesday but have noticed 2 things. I havnt touched any chocolate which is a pretty big deal since i used to eat so much. Also this morning i had to use a tighter hook on my bra. I know its small but I am so proud of myself.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can put my laptop.... IN MY LAP!

Yes!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I only started last wednesday but have noticed 2 things. I havnt touched any chocolate which is a pretty big deal since i used to eat so much. Also this morning i had to use a tighter hook on my bra. I know its small but I am so proud of myself.

Good to celebrate accomplishments after just a short time! Good for you!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I was the only one that did this with the towel. Too funny!! Today was the first time I realized I was able to cross my legs comfortably also. How silly is that?
    Boo52, yes! I'm so ready to be able to do this!!! Good for you!
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    -Running a 5k
    -Having a friend I always considered lovely and thin tell me I looked "so skinny"
    -Going out to buy some shorts for work, grabbing a size 6 and being worried they wouldn't fit, only to realize I needed a size 4
    -Being more flexible
    -Finding the courage to do what I thought was hopeless and impossible
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My boobs stick our futher than my stomach!

^^This!!
  • LWriter
    LWriter Posts: 50
    Options
    I have this fancy (fancier than I typically wear) shirt that I bought for a wedding last summer. It fit but was pretty snug on my hips. When I sat down, I would pull it up a little so it wouldn't rip.

I pulled it out of the closet for a job interview this week. Not snug anymore.

I'm keeping it and when I lose all this weight, I'm wearing it as a dress. : )

Oh, and I got the job!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The cashier at a gas station asked to see my drivers license when I paid with my debit card. She did a triple take because I look nothing like the picture anymore. She had asked if I lost weight (I have no idea who the person was, it was in a town about and hour from my home). Normally, I would be offended, but she just suggested that I should get a new license so people don't think I'm trying to steal someone's identity. lol
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My shorts fell off today while doing the skip rope part of the 30 day shred !!!! must be losing inches !
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    When I started working out two months ago I could only go 15min on the elliptical at 3mph on level 1 and it was a struggle. Today I did half an hour on the elliptical at 5mph on level 3 and it was a workout but I didn't feel half dead at the end. I am so proud of that it really means more to me than any number on the scale. Being in shape and fitting my smaller clothes is why I want to lose weight, numbers are a great way to see progress but they don't mean anything!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Buying a little black dress and looking hot in it! Also I tried on a dress that I wore in college the other day and it fit beautifully! That is after 3 kids and 14 years :)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    NSV to report!! Out shopping a couple of times this week - looking for clothes for my mom, who is in long term care.... LOTS OF EASTER CHOCOLATE out there.... I had easter bunnies (more than one) in my shopping cart and put them back. I picked up a small package of eggies..I can measure my serving and count... (18 - 200 cal) so I can 1/2 that - have a taste of chocolate and not overdo it!! Woo Hoo

:laugh:
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have started working out together. A few days ago my hubby asked me if I have been working out without him. I said, No. He said that I look like I'm loosing weight.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sitting down and not having a little roll hanging on the edge of my pants :embarassed: So glad the days of pulling up the pants a bit are over!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I have this fancy (fancier than I typically wear) shirt that I bought for a wedding last summer. It fit but was pretty snug on my hips. When I sat down, I would pull it up a little so it wouldn't rip.

I pulled it out of the closet for a job interview this week. Not snug anymore.

I'm keeping it and when I lose all this weight, I'm wearing it as a dress. : )

Oh, and I got the job!

Awesome for you!! (on all fronts!)
    Congrats!
  • Pearl0105
    Pearl0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Even though the scale is not moving I can tell a huge difference in the way my clothes fit now. Plus I no longer have to take heartburn medication anymore!
  • DIVIN3_B3AUTY
    Options
    I can pull my pants off without unbuttoning or unzipping them and this is for every single pair I own!!!!!
  • erika_urthmama
    erika_urthmama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    drinking tea instead of soda
    eating fruit instead of chocolate
    getting rid of big clothes
    having more energy!!!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't exactly for me, but I've been hoping that my transition to healthy(er) eating would rub off on my husband. He used to drink about 2 12-packs of Vanilla Coke a week, if not more. Around New Year's I bought him a Camelbak so he would stop using mine. He drinks water now when he -never- did before. One of the last times we went grocery shopping, he was looking at the soda. He actually checked the nutrition facts and decided to get some canned sweet tea that is much lower in calories and sugar. :happy: Not only that, but we bought it a month ago and he's only had like 3 cans of it so far. Getting my husband to care about his health makes me happier than losing weight myself.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    1. One of my students from November didn't recognize me as I walked past them in the hall.
    2. Went to buy some new shorts for spring, fit into a 34. ( started @ 40)
    3. Coworkers saying I inspired them to do something about their weight issues.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!