30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• LaylaSparkles
    Options
    I just started Day 1 level 1 finished for me as well. I would love some new friends to help keep me motivated and have some encouragement!!

Good Luck to everyone!
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8

Another MFP'er posted this link on youtube.

I am in. Now to get the butt in gear to complete it today.

Stretching is good but remember dynamic stretching at beginning of a workout and static stretching at the end.
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today too! I' started 30ds twice during March, but only managed to get to day three or four! So maybe joining this thred will spur me on. Good luck to everyone !
  • Jill0716
    Jill0716 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have completed day 5 (level 1) of my first time ever on 30DS. I was most sore day 4, but even with the soreness I am able to keep up *more* than each previous day. I totally agree with stretching more before and after. I stretch while she blabs about the program (WHY can't you skip that part?!?!?!) and also afterwards. Good luck to you! If I can do this, you can do this!
  • Jill0716
    Jill0716 Posts: 2
    Options
    There were a few things that I couldn't do. The bicycle crunches at the end were horrible lol. But I finished.

Amen sister!!! I sort of bicycle my legs and do crunches but certainly not in any sort of controlled fashion like they demonstrate.
  • Lol the bicycle crunches!! While the girls demonstrated grace and control, I demonstrated flailing and exaggerated facial expressions :embarassed:
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. At that point, I was just like "omg kill me now". I don't know how they were doing it so slow, I was speeding it up (I guess) in efforts to get it done quicker lol
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 days in and the calorie burn that is on the net might not be accurate. I use a Heart Rate Monitor now so I have accurate results. I was over estimating with the numbers floating around. Good luck! It's so fun to pretend to punch Jillian in the face!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 22 days in to the 30day shred...I am going to attempt Level 3 tomorrow!!! I log it under 25 minutes of circuit training because from the start stretch to the ending stretch my dvd player is at 27minutes and some change...this shows approx. 265 calories for me.
    I did take a before picture as well as measured my self. I will take a picture and measure at the end of 30 days. I do not have enough self-confidence to post them on this site. Measurements yes, picture no.
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone who would like to add me please feel free...I could use ALL the motivation and support I can get!!
  • chunkamonk2012
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart for 9.96, also I saw it on walmart.com for 6.96. Hope that helps.
  • kimberlycoates
    Options
    thanks just saw it on Amazon. unfortunatly will take awhile to get here so will do other exercises til it does~
  • mfgleason1
    mfgleason1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and was sore when I got up this morning. But I went ahead and did it again and I felt better afterwards...for awhile at least. I never knew I had abs that could be sore but I love knowing it is working. I can't wait until we can all say we completed 30 days!
  • KJWanzek
    KJWanzek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI I just tried to open the link to learn more about this I am very interested in learning more about it. Can you help me out? send link again or give me any more information Please.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I started it in March but didn't put the kind of time into it that I felt I should have. It took me longer than the DVD said to feel strong enough to move up but I did level 2 yesterday. I loved it much more than level 1. I'm going slow with the levels because I want to get the most from them. I already feel stronger and have more endurance! Stick with it!
  • emileeanne
    emileeanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 and wow... 30ds is not a joke! but only 25 days to go! I have also been wondering how to add it under my exercise...
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just started today too! Feel free to add me!
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why do my legs still feel like jello? I'm dreading tomorrow.
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I tried the link again it works for me. Just copy and paste it into your address bar in your browser.
    If that doesn't work just go to YouTube.com and type in the search box "30 day Shred Jillian Michaels"

Jillian has made many videos, but this one seems to be a favorite around MFP (or what i've seen in the last 4 months).

I did level one today for day one. and found it much tougher today but it's probably cause i'm tired from my soccer tourny this weekend - 3 games in 2 days, we didn't win any games so we didn't advance and play on Sunday(today) and most of the teammates was glad cause we were starting to hurt.
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    I also started today (did in March BUT never faithfully followed threw:grumble: ) - I log mine in by adding it as Jillian Micheals 30 day shred (manually) and use my HRM to input my calories!! I'll admit the first day your legs will feel like jello after and it does get easier as you go along - I feel if you can get threw the first 10 minutes or so of leverl 1 than the rest of the workout just sems to be a breeze :blushing: !! Feel free to add me (anyone just starting out also) and we can motivate each other to follow threw with this!! I seemto have lost my motivation to work out lately and could use some "encouragement":smooched:!!