Who has the worst neighbors???

Options
13»

Replies

• jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This only pertains to my upstairs neighbors. I've never heard a peep out of any of the other neighbors.

1) The girl is a serious screamer!!! I wouldn't even scream that loud if I was being attacked on the street.
    2) They are heavy walkers and do not appear to have any rugs covering the hardwood floors.
    3) The dude (I'm assuming it's the dude.) farts A LOT while sitting on the hardwood floor. It frequently startles me!!!:angry:
    4) They brought effing bedbugs to the building, but luckily it did not reach my apartment.

I guess there are worse neighbors out there, but I don't live under any of them.

You're lucky yours are leaving. Mine just moved in a few months ago. :cry:

LOL!!!
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ha! I live in what you would call the hood I guess....

One neighbor I had lived right next door to us. It's a twinhouse and there's a firewall between them but they were so loud, we could hear everything. They would fight, had screaming babies 24/7, one night they even tap-danced at 3 am. One time, I was so fed up with the noise, I took a pipe against the wall to get their attention to shut up. They were also really dirty and we got their roaches and rats. Thankfully, they were renters and once the landlord saw the property they were booted out.

The house across the driveway from us is worse. After the old man who lived there passed away, his property was flipped into another renter. The first lady who moved in was crazy. She would scream at her cat to come in and her son was.....weird...

The next family in there now, they crazy. The mother curses like a sailor and argues with her son constantly, and I **** you not, one argument ended with him saying, "I do coke! So what?!"
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My old neighbors were far from the best for many reasons...I'll list my favorite 2.

1. The wife would walk through my grass,....not down by the street or in the backyard or whatever, NO...she had to walk RIGHT by my open windows to my living room, ....and be talking on her phone. Scared the bejezes out of me and my kids to see someone SO close to our windows/house, but more importantly made my dogs FREAK out. AND, if she wasn't talking on the phone, she could totally hear anything I was doing/saying b/c she was literally right outside my window. Really annoying. When I kindly asked her not to do walk so close to the house, and perhaps use the sidewalk, she responded with, "Are you for real?? Whatever!"

2. The biggest reason they sucked, was that they have a sump pump on the side of the house.... Rather than burying a hose and shoving the massive amounts of water that their sump pump pushed out every day to the street, where it SHOULD go...., they put a huge *kitten* hose on it and put it right up against my fence, dumping TONS o' water into my backyard. This caused a swamp in my yard. It pissed me off, so I would move the hose so that it went back into THEIR yard, and they would move it right back. WTF. How rude!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    my neighbors are alcoholics/drug addicts who dont think twice to do a drug deal within our parking lot (we live above a business) or get in their car and drive after partying. they have no consideration for others or someones property, including themselves! i have witnessed them smash in each otheres windows in the car, heard them physically beat each other and they dont think twice about blasting their music and/or scream at each other at all hours during the day. my fiance and i have called the police quite a few times on them and wrote an extensive letter to our landlord about their actions. the worst part is that the female neighbor works in the business downstairs and gets away with a lot of crap because everyone is afraid of her!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    MOst of my neighbors are great. Cul de sac in suburban Southern California, and good people all around....except for the old man next to us who is a candidate for the sphincter Hall of Fame. He is 70ish, a nudist, has a monstrous pot belly and is leathery brown, he is an inventor and home all the time. He walks to our community park every day to use the pool and he walks wearing nothing but a speedo or nylon shorts that show his marbles dangling occasionally. It does not matter what month or what the weather is. His nickname in the neighborhood is "Mr. Nutsac" or "Mr. Naked." He is the stereotypical mad inventor. In 2007 both his home and ours were the only homes on our street to burn up completely (over 163 burned up in our neighborhood) in those massive wildfires. He got the cheapest builder he could find and the builder located the new foundation for the house incorrectly on his lot. The new house was rotated so that his driveway would have to go over my lot for a car to have a straigh shot into his garage. Cul de sac, remember? We tried to tell the builder and the builder told us to pound sand. By 2010 we are both back in new houses, but Mr. Nutsac is not happy with his driveway geometry. He begins to harrass my wife and I about us building on his property! We told him it was his problem with the builder, but builder went out of business. We used a big landscaping rock placed in the corner to keep him from driving on our lot, but instead we got threatening letters from his attorney that we were commiting hate crimes for blocking him from having free access to his garage! We fought to a draw and he got a permit to concrete a little triangle in the city easement - which he does not use.

Maybe I am overweight because I cannot love my neighbor as myself.......
  • darrell62
    darrell62 Posts: 40
    Options
    In our previous subdivision ( six years ago) the neighbors across the street were and elderly couple. At first they were nice enough, a little snoopy but harmless. As time went on and her dementia worsened she became a geriatric terrorist.
    The list of her issues is long but here are some highlights
    1) She insisted that the neighbors on each side of her were planting their bushes over the property line and kept cutting / digging them up.
    2) Screamed at and threatened any child that rode a bicycle near her mail box
    3) Carried a .22 rifle around in her front yard to scare away kids playing in the street ( I called the cops on her for that one)
    4) Reported to 911 that her neighbors were trying to poison her
    5) Accused everyone on the street of peeping in her windows at night
    6) Claimed i had stolen flowers out of her yard and planted them around our pool
    7) and too much more to list...

One afternoon she crossed a small creek behind her house to go and curse at the neighbor behind her, on the return trip home she slipped in the creek hit her head and drowned.
    She was missing for 4 days before anyone bothered to look for her

8828565.png
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    My neighbors aren't real receptive, outgoing, or friendly. I can deal with that.........but.......the part I have a tremendously hard time with is that they have a couple tiny little loveable dogs that they leave outside on a wooden porch all day year round with absolutely NO WATER, NO FOOD, and NO SHELTER. They bring the dogs into their house very late at night, but when it rains or snows, these poor dogs get soaked. It's even worse when it's windy. I see these poor little creatures huddle next to each other just to try to utilize their body heat to stay warm. I see them lean against the siding of the house to try to avoid getting rained on. There is a gate up so they can't walk down the stairs to do their business in the grass. There are turds and piss all over the wooden porch. They show these dogs absolutely no affection. It's like.......why even have dogs? If you aren't able to show some level of affection and provide basic needs like water and shelter.......then why even have dogs????????????????????
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My downstairs neighbor told me that my walking was disturbing him and that I need to "walk less." And now when I walk from room to room be beats on his ceiling with a broomstick and makes pictures fall off my wall.

Any advice on mid-air hovering techniques?

Buy tap shoes.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I live in a 3 apartment building. I have 4 horrible neighbors.

Side neighbor:
    - he's told me many time I should tolerate his noise because we live in an apartment and can't afford houses.
    - He never gives his adress clearly to anyone, so we get delivery knocking on our door late at night sometimes or
    friend trying to get in without knocking, even his sister tried to come in my apartment, needless to say, I always lock my door now.
    -Whenever I go to tell them to turn down the music, I always get attitude and got verbally attacked about a month ago by him.
    - He has a one bedroom apartment but likes to invite 5 of his friends every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The stairs are made of metal, so everytime they go in or go out, I shake in my bed and stuff moves around.
    -since learning I was moving (because of neighbors), he's been making comments like: "those loosers will move soon" " hate the loosers" and he avoids being outside at the same time as us except to make comments.

Downstairs neighbor:
    -They are three 18 years old, 2 girls and one guy, living in a 2 bedroom apartment, turned into a 3 by them.
    -They don't clean after themselves, throw their garbage everywhere in the driveway (coffee cups, cigarettes, cigarette packs, hockey sticks), don't put the garbage to the curb (I found a tampon applicator near our car last week)
    -They tend to block the entrance when parking
    -There is at least 10-15 people in there every night and weekend
    -They like their music loud at home and in their cars and there's a videogame they play that makes my toilet vibrate (how exciting)
    -They have a husky that has been outdoor for the last 4 years and crammed it up inside so it's howling all nights, every nights
    -They don't clean the poop
    - All this brings a lot of drama that I get the chance to listen to if I leave windows opened (yeah, as if), I roll my eyes a lot
    - They can't talk, they have to scream so they hear each other (which bring another eye rolling).

So if you calculate, including us, in this small building, we can be up to 22 if not more most nights....

Moving May 1st, can't wait!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    My neighbors aren't real receptive, outgoing, or friendly. I can deal with that.........but.......the part I have a tremendously hard time with is that they have a couple tiny little loveable dogs that they leave outside on a wooden porch all day year round with absolutely NO WATER, NO FOOD, and NO SHELTER. They bring the dogs into their house very late at night, but when it rains or snows, these poor dogs get soaked. It's even worse when it's windy. I see these poor little creatures huddle next to each other just to try to utilize their body heat to stay warm. I see them lean against the siding of the house to try to avoid getting rained on. There is a gate up so they can't walk down the stairs to do their business in the grass. There are turds and piss all over the wooden porch. They show these dogs absolutely no affection. It's like.......why even have dogs? If you aren't able to show some level of affection and provide basic needs like water and shelter.......then why even have dogs????????????????????

call animal control/services. this is considered abuse.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think I beat the stories posted so far. I have crazy people screaming at my kids, threatening them, and even initiating violence against my family. And I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood where 90% of my neighbors are quiet retirees or nice families with small children. It's just that there are a few crazies who terrorize the rest of us. :(

My old next door neighbor had an elderly mother who was *so* sweet (she used to invite my teenaged daughter over to visit, and after a while we realized she used to work with my grandmother and they were friends), but she would sleep during the day and the son would *FREAK* if we made any noise. Dog barking in the middle of the afternoon, kids playing in the yard, whatever, and he would be banging on our door and yelling at us. He even threatened to shoot our dog. But he's not the worst, no.

One of my current neighbors lives across the street from one of my sons' best friends. My sons rode their bikes past her house -- on the sidewalk, which crossed her driveway -- and she came over and screamed at me, telling me that a 12yo is not old enough to play outside alone. (Keep in mind that she does not dispute that all my sons did was ride their bikes past her house. That's what SHE told me they did. She just finds it unreasonable.) My sons now avoid her house like the plague, but when they try to knock on their friend's door across the street, she comes outside and yells at them to, "Get away from that house! Leave those people alone!" But she's not the worst. At least she hasn't threatened or initiated violence against any of my children.

One of our old neighbors before we moved here had a brain tumor that literally made her crazy. She'd come banging on our door in the middle of the night about our dog being outside barking -- when he was sitting on the couch with us being perfectly quiet. She told our landlord that we were trashing the house, even though we took great care of it, so that he came over to "inspect" the property. And she once told my then 6yo daughter that someone should throw her in the trunk of a car, drive her out to the desert and leave her there -- because my daughter was playing with her daughter and asked for a snack. (Again, SHE told me that's what my daughter did "wrong.") But she's not the worst -- at least she had an excuse.

One of my current neighbors is the mother of my daughter's ex-best friend. Ex, because the mom encouraged her daughter to beat my daughter up. When my daughter asked the mom to intervene, she told my daughter, "Your mom needs to send you to public school so you can toughen up. This is how 'normal' kids play." (My kids are homeschooled.) She also said that my daughter was mentally disturbed because some of her friends are younger than she is. When I went to talk to her about this, she called me a "walking advertisement for Planned Parenthood." Those are only *some* of the crazy things she has done. But she is not the worst!

Just the other day, another one of my neighbors attacked my 8yo niece in the street and stole her shoes. She literally picked my niece up and ripped the boots off of her feet. Why? Because her daughter claimed my niece stole her shoes. After we called the police and got my niece's boots back, the neighbor's daughter found her boots at another friend's house, where she left them.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    before i was a homeowner, i had an upstairs neighbor who was drunk one night, leaned off of his patio and took a **** on mine. then, he left on vacation one time and forgot to turn his alarm off & left his windows open (we lived in southern california at the time). the alarm rang 24 hours a day for 11 days. we finally left to go stay with friends.

my new neighbors aren't HORRIBLE, but they don't have kids and are up at all hours of the night and their parties have awakened my babes on numerous occasions....which does not make me happy.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I did!!!!
    Mine were so bad I had to move. (not even a privacy fence stopped this neighbor)

Our driveways were side by side & she'd come out yelling if our car door (when opened) crossed her side, even called the police because my (ex)husband was cleaning his car in the driveway.

She despised my ex-husband and called him a "cracker" " blue eyed devil" & other white slurs while he mowed the lawn, or was outside doing anything.

She's call the city to tell them our grass was too long & we needed a fine, when it was not. Or tell them our vehicles were disabled when they were not, we just had several cars & a boat behind a privacy fence mind you, she just liked to be a pain.

She threw chicken bones over our fence to try to kill our dog.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My neighbor plays his rap music from 7am til 3am...I swear they NEVER sleep (gotta be the drugs) he plays it so loud that the bass shakes everything in my 3 story home. He leaves his door AND screen door open all day and night. there are people going in and out 24/7 yelling and screaming f this f that. The other day some girl knocked on their door saying"let me in I am going to smoke you up!" There are always broken beer bottles everywhere. They piss off the second story balcony which just so happens to be right across from my 10 yr old daughter's bedroom window...nice right? I can't let my kids play outside anymore because they are using language that offends ME and the smell of pot coming from there is sickening. I can't open my windows when it is nice outside because I home school my kids and they have a hard time concentrating enough with the loud music and constant yelling from over there! Yeah...this is just the half of it. I have called the cops many times and they keep coming, they arrested him once (don't even get me started on how big of a baby he was then) oh and btw he lives above the owner of the house!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am literally the youngest person in my condo complex....everyone else is older than 60...lol
    needless to say , ALL the lights are off in their homes by 8 pm....
    thankfully there is no one living below me or above...

BUT!! there is ONE old guy who has this demon dog...a mini poodle...who runs out every evening without a leash and comes to MY condo to pee on MY lawn and bark at my dog...

and each time ive asked him very politely to not let his dog run around without a leash....he waves me off with curse words worse than a sailor!

the guy is almost 90 yrs old!!!

Oh, that reminds me of another story. This is the same neighbor who yells at my sons for knocking on their friend's door. She also lets her little yip yap dog run around with a leash. One day I was out walking with my kids and our German Shepherd, and her dog comes running up to ours. My dog does not like other dogs, so he started barking, and I had to pull his leash way in -- so I'm standing there struggling to hold my leashed dog back while her unleashed little pest is jumping up at him, and she starts screaming at me to get MY dog away from HERS! I would have seriously lost my temper if I wasn't so busy trying to keep my dog from eating hers.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options

call animal control/services. this is considered abuse.

Believe me........the authorities are involved at this point, but not a lot has changed. So, I know I'll have to make another call soon. I just HATE confrontation and drama. I really enjoy maintaining a low profile, but I can't just sit back and watch this crap everyday. Toxic!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    In our previous subdivision ( six years ago) the neighbors across the street were and elderly couple. At first they were nice enough, a little snoopy but harmless. As time went on and her dementia worsened she became a geriatric terrorist.
    The list of her issues is long but here are some highlights
    1) She insisted that the neighbors on each side of her were planting their bushes over the property line and kept cutting / digging them up.
    2) Screamed at and threatened any child that rode a bicycle near her mail box
    3) Carried a .22 rifle around in her front yard to scare away kids playing in the street ( I called the cops on her for that one)
    4) Reported to 911 that her neighbors were trying to poison her
    5) Accused everyone on the street of peeping in her windows at night
    6) Claimed i had stolen flowers out of her yard and planted them around our pool
    7) and too much more to list...

One afternoon she crossed a small creek behind her house to go and curse at the neighbor behind her, on the return trip home she slipped in the creek hit her head and drowned.
    She was missing for 4 days before anyone bothered to look for her

8828565.png

WOAH... that story went from funny to dark in a matter of a few sentences. Seamlessly. Congrats!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    [/quote]

WOAH... that story went from funny to dark in a matter of a few sentences. Seamlessly. Congrats!
    [/quote]

Seriously! Well done. Slow clap!
  • darrell62
    darrell62 Posts: 40
    Options

Truth is stranger than fiction. I lived across the street from that lady for 12 years before we moved.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Truth is stranger than fiction. I lived across the street from that lady for 12 years before we moved.

didnt understand the validity of this statement until today. Thanks!