"Treat" foods that are actually healthy?

Options
I'm eating mine right now..a whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken and veggies! (Aka, a healthy falafel.) 400 cals for the entire lunch.

Maybe some day I'll see carrot sticks as a delicacy....until then, god bless the chick pea!

Anyone else have a food like this that tricks your brain?

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I recently found one on bodyrock.tv... she freezes bananas, then puts them in a blender with some peanut butter, a little milk and protein powder... it tastes just like peanut butter ice cream, SO good. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on it before you eat it, and I add the powder only if it's after a workout.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Chobani vanilla greek yogurt with 1T of peanut butter. I love it so much!
    Or peach, strawberry, or blueberry greek yogurt with pecans or walnuts
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ^^^ my comment was gonna be HUMMUS!!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I recently found one on bodyrock.tv... she freezes bananas, then puts them in a blender with some peanut butter, a little milk and protein powder... it tastes just like peanut butter ice cream, SO good.

I do this too--freeze bananas with greek yogurt and sometimes 1TB of peanut butter. Delicious!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Haha, go hummus!

Wow, those yogurt concoctions sound heavenly. I know what I'll be doing next time I crave Haagen Dazs.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I recently found one on bodyrock.tv... she freezes bananas, then puts them in a blender with some peanut butter, a little milk and protein powder... it tastes just like peanut butter ice cream, SO good. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on it before you eat it, and I add the powder only if it's after a workout.

Do you taste the banana in this? I hate bananas, but dont' know what substitue for them in smothies.
  • Jupiter878
    Options
    Try the vanilla yogurt with sliced strawberries...it's better than ice cream!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mine right now..a whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken and veggies! (Aka, a healthy falafel.) 400 cals for the entire lunch.

Maybe some day I'll see carrot sticks as a delicacy....until then, god bless the chick pea!

I survive on hummus, but this definitely isn't a falafel.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Do you taste the banana in this? I hate bananas, but dont' know what substitue for them in smothies.
    [/quote]

It tastes like peanut butter ice cream to me... the bananas aren't overwhelming. Try sprinkling a little more cinnamon!
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love Pink n Whites which is effectively a marshmallow in between two wafers. At 50 calories you couldn't get vexed.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

It tastes like peanut butter ice cream to me... the bananas aren't overwhelming. Try sprinkling a little more cinnamon!
    [/quote]

Thanks, I will give this a try :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My treat, will always be fruit!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I do this minus the powder. Sooooo good (:
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I make some protein bars from scratch that pretty much taste like brownies, minus the fat, sugar and calories! They feel like a chocolate indulgence!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's what the restaurant lists it as...strange.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is sort of weird but I freeze my light strawberry yogurt for a healthy yogurt treat that's like ice cream!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving for later =)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

that doesn't sound like treat food to me.... I'm thinkin more along the lines of some dark chocolate covered raisins lol
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Apricots are as good as any candy treat, in my opinion.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Nakd Pecan pie bar, All natural indredients, just smooshed together in a handy bar delicious, ( Dates 52%, Pecan 28%, Almonds 20%) Tastes exactly like pecan pie