Stretch Marks -- question!!

Options
13»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Send me some Bio-Oil and I pledge to rub it into my stretch-marked *kitten* twice/day and photograph the results as I go for all to see as they disappear. Scouts honor.

Only if the pictures are nudes

Dude, for you? Anything. I'll even photograph my back fat....
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Massage, especially with vitamin E, can help break up scar tissue but its most useful when a scar is fairly fresh. It worked on a surgery scar I have on my finger and on one side of my C-section scar but I can't say as how I tried it on strech marks.
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ***BUMP***
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I've learned to embrace my stretchmarks as a badge of honor :)

Me too. I call 'em my "tiger stripes". :bigsmile:
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Tinkerbelz: I have heard of the wonders of coconut oil and I also dry brush my skin to get rid of cellulite and it has helped.
    I am going to try the coconut oil both eating it and for hair and skin.
    I also am going to try Mama Mio products. I have their body scrub and body oil. I am going to try the stretch mark/skin tightening stuff.
    Just a note: I use Strivectin on my face but not on my stretch marks. Love it for wrinkles.
  • jburks3606
    Options
    I agree! I have heard that it is a myth that there is even really a difference between the two. My doctor told me that anyway when I got stretch marks while pregnant. Tanning does make them less visible. I am extremely pale, so they are also hard to see on me. I wish I could tan, but unfortunately I can't. :) Good luck. I have gotten used to mine and as long as I can lose weight, I am not too concerned about the stretch marks!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Even though mine weren't huge, I was able to get rid of my stretch marks through weight lifting. And as a 20 year old, you should have NO problem getting rid of any.

How exactly does weight lifting remove scaring from your dermis?

It helps tone the skin, and when the skin is tighter, the lighter stretchmarks are smoother in appearance. If you dont add enough mass to RE-stretch the skin. Id doesnt remove them, but it CAN make them look a little smoother if they are not the red angry ones.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    I didnt get mine from my pregnancy....... I got them all from rapid weight gain at puberty. I don't have the same "pride". I have REALLY deep ones on my belly. I know I will for the rest of my life, but the lotion I use seems to make them less "shiny" they are still there, and fortunately, they tan WITH me, so that helps too...... but it does seem that me more firm my skin becomes, the less noticeable they seem.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Even though mine weren't huge, I was able to get rid of my stretch marks through weight lifting. And as a 20 year old, you should have NO problem getting rid of any.

It helps tone the skin, and when the skin is tighter, the lighter stretchmarks are smoother in appearance. If you dont add enough mass to RE-stretch the skin. Id doesnt remove them, but it CAN make them look a little smoother if they are not the red angry ones.

I don't understand how weight lifting changes the shading of your skin.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Loosing the belly fat helps a lot (because I had loose skin too after 6 kids) But, as they fade to white, my tan helps them to blend in more.

Losing belly fat will only give you MORE extra skin, since you no longer have fat to fill it up. I'm not saying you shouldn't lose fat, just making the point that doing so will cause more extra skin, not get rid of it. If the appearance of extra skin diminished with weight loss this was either because extra skin and fat are easily mistaken for one another, or because as time passes, many people's extra skin becomes less noticeable.

My point is, I could not get rid of my stretch marks...BUT, now that I am losing the fat in my belly and doing planks, ab vacuums, eating 100 grams carbs, dry brushing, coconut oil, my tummy looks a lot better. Not as good as before kids, but my skin has firmed up quite a bit. So, yes, losing fat will firm up the skin some...but probably not all of the way. And the fat sits in that loose skin and makes it look like you have more loose skin than what you really have. Since I have been losing the fat, the amount of tummy skin that I have is less.

I just saw my SIL at the beach this weekend. She has not seen me since new Years. She was shocked at how much better my tummy looked. So, it isn't that I am used to the saggy skin or she is...there has been some improvement. I told my mom, that as much as I would LOVE to have my pre-baby belly, that is not going to happen....so if I can make my tummy look like I have only had 2 kids and not 6...that is better than nothing.

Nothing I have tried has made my stretch marks go away (I even tried Bio oil) BUT, my skin has improved and the stretch marks are not as noticeable.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure mine will stay forever. They have faded though. It doesn't really matter to me. I have had four abdominal/intestinal surgeries and a baby so my tummy is all kind of marked up lol. Let us know if you find something that does get rid of them!
  • TinkrBelz
    Options
    Tinkerbelz: I have heard of the wonders of coconut oil and I also dry brush my skin to get rid of cellulite and it has helped.
    I am going to try the coconut oil both eating it and for hair and skin.
    I also am going to try Mama Mio products. I have their body scrub and body oil. I am going to try the stretch mark/skin tightening stuff.
    Just a note: I use Strivectin on my face but not on my stretch marks. Love it for wrinkles.

I swear by it...I think that it has improved my skin a lot. I use the coconut oil all over my body!! haha!
  • galegetsthin
    Options

I don't understand how weight lifting changes the shading of your skin.

It would not change the color..... but once they have faded and are NOT red, they wont be AS visible on firmer skin. My loose skin was wrinkly, the stretch marks looked more prominent because they were deeper wrinkles. as it has smoothed though, you can still see them, but it isnt quite as obvious.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Wow, so happy to see so much input! I'm content with having 'earned my stripes' as well, I just thought I'd ask for advice on the subject from people who know what they're talking about. Thanks, everyone :)
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Quick question...what is dry brushing?! :smile:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

It's a tool in photoshop that removes stretchmarks... oh, wait no... that's AIR brushing.

I don't know what dry brushing is but it sounds painful. I imagine something with a huge horse hair paddle brush and a lot of skin abrasions. :noway:
  • TinkrBelz
    Options

It is a brush that you can get in the area where you would buy loofahs and sponges for your skin. These bristles are soft, nothing like a hair brush....this is softer for the skin.

And you brush your skin before you shower. It is suppose to help the skin rejuvenate itself and release toxins from your skin. I had a female competitor tell me to do this to help my stretch marks and loose skin. She has 3 kids, and she suggested the coconut oil and the dry brushing. I have been doing both for 5 weeks now.

You can google the benefits of dry brushing your skin.