CANNOT get under 130

Options
I have been under a regime for about two months and I've hardly lost anything. I work out, eat well and at my calorie limit. It's getting very frustrating because I've been fluctuating in the 130s for a few years now. :(

Any tips?

Replies

• alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump... I have the same problem :sad:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's a very low weight (depending on how tall you are, but for the average person, that's great). It may be your body's way of telling you it's at it's sweet spot; it may not function as well below it.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    oh man my goal is 130... I am 5'4 should I lower my goal... and if you can't get past it oh man. :huh:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's a very low weight (depending on how tall you are, but for the average person, that's great). It may be your body's way of telling you it's at it's sweet spot; it may not function as well below it.

I agree ^^ Depending on your body shape/height, you may already be at your healthy weight.
  • joeandkara01
    Options
    Yes, i had gone through that, then someone told me this piece of wisdom and it really worked.....
    eat a few calories less that your goal one or two days in a row
    exceed with healthy food your goal calories one day
    continue regular exercises
    your body is like a battery that builds a memory and it learns to adjust to your habits.
    This throws the body off so it doesn't just maintain.
    It works!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Given the inspirations you have listed, I am guessing you are aiming for too low a weight for your height and build.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree, this may be your body's way of telling you that this is a good weight for you and you shouldn't go lower.

If you're unhappy with the way you look or feel, never fear! Focus on working out moreso than eating at a deficit. Try to get a good mix of cardio (to burn fat) and strength training (to build muscle) going. You may not lose much weight but I guarantee you will see the inches melting right off!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do you have cheat days? This is what works for me. I have a hard time going under my 1200 calorie a day goal but what I do is cheat once a week. I eat whatever I want. I also change up my exercise so I keep my body guessing. I do go under calories quite a bit but what works for me is to keep my body guessing. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journey and you will break through it.
  • shanshepard
    shanshepard Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue working out, watching what i eat and not budging a lb for over a year. i just tried atkins kept my carbs under 20 and only from salad and finally lost a few lbs. even if i only went to 129. hey the scale finally moved .. good luck
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just want to be under 130 and I'm about 5 pounds away.

I'm not always good with my diet however, and I know if I were to watch what I ate for a month I would probably get to where I want to be :smile:

If something isn't working than fix/change it. Your body won't change because it has gotten used to what you have been doing. If you really want to drop those last few pounds. Evaluate your program and make some changes.

And I agree to the above poster. How tall are you? I'm short 5'3" so getting to that weight is a fair goal... if you are much taller than that, it will be difficult simply because your body won't like to be at a weight that low.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have been under a regime for about two months and I've hardly lost anything. I work out, eat well and at my calorie limit. It's getting very frustrating because I've been fluctuating in the 130s for a few years now. :(

Any tips?

What does workout well mean? How many times a week, what is avg calorie burn for those workouts?

What is calorie limit you are at? Please don't say 1200! Well, ok, say it if it's so.

Do you feed the workouts, do you eat the exercise credits you were given because 1200 already has a deficit to it?
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 130. My goal is 120. I cannot get past 130 either. Sucks, because even if my body is comfortable at this weight, I AM NOT. I have just started to do more strength training and with heavier weights & cardio every other day. I'm also trying to eat only lean protein, veggies and fruits (no junk). Hopefully we can all push through this! Good luck!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You might very well be at your body's best weight already. How tall are you?
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just cut everything white out of my diet and I'm starting to see results. The only bread I use is Ezekiel bread and limit it to 2 pieces max per day. No carbs other than what I get out of carrots and other veggies. No potatoes either. This is what I'm following
    http://lowcarblisa.tripod.com/thescarsdalemedicaldiet/id18.html

great things is, is no calories restriction, so as long as you are staying in your 1200 limit, this should do the trick! Good luck!
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm 5'3 with the same weight goal, taking into consideration my BMI too. Im not very muscular, but toned from yoga, running and Turbofire.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you can't lose weight for weeks on end, it's BECAUSE YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.

When you are in your healthy range, and especially when you only have a few lbs to lose, you have to usually eat below your BMR to lose at any see-able pace. I ran the number for another lady and if she were eating at a 15% cut from her TDEE, she was only going to lose 1 pound every seven weeks. That is just entirely discouraging for anyone. You are off by your cal count even a little bit and you can blow it.

If you are wanting to lose weight, I would drop your daily goal by 250 a day and reassess in a couple weeks (this is about 1/2 lb per week loss). Yeah yeah yeah, depending on what you are eating, you might drop below the "golden" 1,200. If you are small though (you sound like you are) you will be fine. I am 5'5" 135 lbs and ate at 1,150 for 7 weeks and lost about 1.4 lbs a week (I since upped it since I only wanted to lose 1 lb a week, but just to show you, I felt fine at the time and it is totally doable).

Don't beleive this CRAP they are telling you about "maybe that is where you are supposed to be." 130 lbs is EASILY within the healthy range for your height. If you aren't losing weight, it means it's because you are eating at your maintenance. EVERYONE'S body is going to not lose weight when you eat at your maintenance. That's it. You need to eat less to lose.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: You CAN DO IT!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do you have cheat days? This is what works for me. I have a hard time going under my 1200 calorie a day goal but what I do is cheat once a week. I eat whatever I want. I also change up my exercise so I keep my body guessing. I do go under calories quite a bit but what works for me is to keep my body guessing. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journey and you will break through it.

I also want to add that I am 5"4" and used to weigh 165 and now weight 120 and have kept that weight for the past 3 months.