• maybethistime70
    Options
    Dating is too expensive.

emotionally and monetarily
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    <
    dumb as a broken rock when someone is hitting on me................

:embarassed:
  • sirenap123
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL

I understand! I have a lot of responses from guys looking for a One Night 'relationship." I just don't respond. Either someone's going to really like me or they won't but I am DONE with selling myself short because I am overweight. But the convent idea is always in the back of my head, too. =)
  • sirenap123
    Options
    Most women my age come with some type of drama!! Whatever happened to treating a man like a King!!!
    Wahahaha! Oh to be a man...
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yes dating is hard. I have been on lots of single or no more than 3 dates with men. I just can’t find someone who I mesh with who I’d like to be with long term. I didn’t think it would be that hard but it is. The longer I’m single and more independent I become the more picky I am. I like where my life is and how I live it.. It will take someone really special for me to give all of that up for..
    I do really like the intimacy of a relationship tho.. and some things are fun alone only for so long… sigh
  • sirenap123
    Options
    As many dating threads as there are on this site, someone should start a singles group...

I've noticed on the dating sites people are asked to fill out all this information about themselves and what they would like their significant other to be like. I think this just sets people up with unrealistic expectations. When I go to buy a car I have a list of must haves (automatic, air, power steering) and then nice to haves (key dongle blinky lights, power seats, etc). Problem it seems is people group the must haves with the nice to haves. So, dating for me is a pain, cuz it's hard to get the date in the first place!

It also seems, at least for me, that I live a much more insular life. Must...find...things...to do...outside...of...my...house.

I agree with everything you said! Thank you and you're welcome. lol

Seriously, though. I'm on OKCupid and I feel like sometimes there is too much information at the beginning and, when you finally do meet that person, and they don't exactly match their profile, it can be...disconcerting? But that's not supposed to be the point of the date. It should just be about getting to know someone.

Being heavy is a definite deterrent for a lot of guys, especially in this area, but I'm still trying to make due. sigh
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think it's cyclic depending on a lot of things such as popular culture and the economy.
    So hard choosing between a hooker or food.

So hard to find a male hooker around here.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Dating sucks,I just want to get some.

LMAO! I said this to my ex mother in law yesterday, lol.

But I have problems dating too. Even when I was thinner and younger. Seems the older you get the harder it is. Most days I'm ok with not dating but other days it would be nice to have someone to hangout with, do things with and just be able to be around.

I think part of the problem is after almost 6 years of living in this town I still don't know many people and the people I do know are all married, in a relationship, or way too young because I know them from the university I go to.

However my brother is now engaged to a woman he met on match.com and they are like super happy together. Kind of makes me want to throw up actually, lol. And he was on eharmony for a while and went on a lot of dates. I tried it during Feb last year when it was free but when they wanted me to pay to use the site I gave up on it, I'm too cheap to pay to get a date, lol
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I recently started dating again and am taking my time getting to know people. I think it's just a numbers game really. I've met a lot of people who just want to feel that instant connection right away. Personally, it takes time for me to warm up to people. Met 4 girls so far and no go. Things can be different in girl-girl dating I guess, since we understand each other's womanese. :laugh: I try to just go out on a date about once a month, so I don't burn out while still putting myself out there.
  • starcatcher1975
    Options
    After 35 years of failed relationships I've just come to expect things to not work out. I just don't try very hard anymore.

^^^ This!!

Same here...seems each new guy just gets worse and worse, and really after the last one I had I'm not sure it could get worse than that but I'm not real anxious to find out either, lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    After 35 years of failed relationships I've just come to expect things to not work out. I just don't try very hard anymore.

^^^ This!!

Same here...seems each new guy just gets worse and worse, and really after the last one I had I'm not sure it could get worse than that but I'm not real anxious to find out either, lol

It can always get worse. Ever watch those true crime shows? I really should stop watching those. :noway:
  • starcatcher1975
    Options

^^^ This!!

It can always get worse. Ever watch those true crime shows? I really should stop watching those. :noway:

Thank you for reminding me about those shows. Now I think I'm loving being single...no stalkers, no crazies, no one coming over to kill me because I didn't answer the phone as soon as he called, lol
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    for me, I know I'm just scared... it's been 10 years since my husband went to Heaven and just getting to know someone is ... not hard, because I do make friends, but I'm not sure ... before I met my husband I never dated anyway, so there lays the problem. I don't really know the ropes and it scares me to do things I don't know about...
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    forever-aone.gif
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I have the opposite. I have troubles because I'm far more independent than those I date. I often come off as cold or uninterested to them, or they come around clinging on for dear life.

Just need to find people we are compatible with!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    yeah...I have a lot of problems dating.

But it is because my girlfriend gets really pissed.

:drinker: I was totally going to say this except about my hubby. LOL

same here! My husband is such a stick in the mud--he forbids me to go out with other men! Some people have no sense of humor!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I just have a hard time meeting women.I can be a little on the shy side at times when it comes to women.I think Im a pretty good looking guy but don't really date very much.I'd like to meet someone and Im sure it will happen sooner or later.
  • CAROLiNEB68
    Options
    forever-aone.gif

LOL!!
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i want to meet a tall girl .. im 6'7 lets do this !