restarting and need friends!

Options
Hey! I joined a long while ago, but have just restarted my profile and am ready to shed this weight. I'm 27 and would love to be at my goal weight before I reach 30.

My name's Jen, I'm single, no kids and work full time at a technology company which means spending all day sitting on my rear. I'm here looking for inspiration and support to keep me accountable! I would love to meet new friends so feel free to add me!

Replies

• jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, My names Jen :happy: I'm 31 married no kids.... 3 dogs and 1 cat. I had to restart my loss a month ago. I have 8lb's to go to get to my goal weight, but that could change. I'm always looking for motivating friends. Add me if you would like :smile:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jen, I'm Kate. I just started a week ago. Yesterday I was down 2.2 pounds, today up up 1, so feeling frustrated! I know it's normal to fluctuate, but since I've been staying under my calorie allowance and working out more, I hoped to see the scale go down a bit each day - or at least stay the same. Anyway, I would be happy to be friends with you so we can all encourage each other!
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new too, shoot me an invite if you would like!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds a bit like mine. Feel free to add me.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Hey Jen, feel free to add me. Also 27 and I used to work in technology as well, come join the fun!
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! welcome back! I'm just restarting myself. Feel free to add me :)
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, my name is Jwan. I'm a military wife with two girls. Im currently a stay at home mom until my youngest starts school next year. With that being said it's a must for me to stay active and motivated. It will almost be a year since I've been using myfitnesspal. I absolutely love it. Everyone here is so inspirational and motivating. Feel free to add me.
  • julieellam
    julieellam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm also sitting on my behind all day. Listening to some Destiny's Child at the moment dancing in my chair. Hope no one pops in to say hi. I wonder how many calories that will burn :o)
  • courtneyraquelx3
    Options
    You can feel free to add me as well. I used this website over the summer and have recently started over :) I'm 18 with just a 20 or so pound weight loss but I'm sure I still go through the same struggles as everyone else. Anyone who wants more friends for motivation, feel free to add me!
  • NWriceC
    NWriceC Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey Jen,
    We all need support here in this journey, adding you now.

Thanks!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! I also have a desk job and sit the majority of the day, which can be hard when trying to lose weight!!
  • evanscent1974
    Options
    I know the feeling about a job that your sitting on your rear. I do the same thing... I love to be inspired and also giving inspiration. good luck and YOU can do it... I am down 5 lbs since I started about 10 weeks ago.. Slowly but surley this calorie counting is working.
  • mrzkaperez
    mrzkaperez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey just restarted today and need some motivation! i always start great and then stop. im 21 with a 1 yr old son. im trying to loose excess baby fat. :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Hayley, 25, married, no children.

I'm a student so spend all day sat on my rear too and when I have deadlines and can't be bothered to cook I reach for convenience food. Doesn't help that hubby works in a restaurant so he's out 12-14 hours a day five days a week and I don't like him cooking on his days off.

I'm always on the look out for new friends. X
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP a while ago but today I am starting a new and I am determined to lose weight. I am a college student with 30lbs to lose. I am determined to do it, even though it has been a struggle. I am looking for some friends on here to be motivational and a support system. Feel free to add me!

Best of luck to everyone :)
  • bridgetn85
    bridgetn85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your story is almost the same as mine, except I'm married, no children.We even have the same first joined date (May 2011). I just recently got back on track too. I am an accountant, so definitely sit on my rear all day. Feel free to add me :)
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome back!

Me: 24 y/o student, desk job, searching for more motivation :-)

I would be happy to have you and anyone else as friend!

Good luck everyone!
  • warrenvalley
    warrenvalley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen - I'm Heather and I also have a tech job sitting on my butt all day. The accountability I get here on both calories AND exercise is what's made the difference: I reached my goal today! Feel free to add me.
  • JoAnnLynn4
    Options
    Welcome back. I just re-joined today myself. Feel free to add me as friend if you want. :)

JoAnn
  • skeck
    skeck Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome!

I just returned a bit ago, as well.

22 years old, unmarried, no kids, working professional at a chemical company... sit on my butt all day :) I need to get my college weight off!

Add me if you'd like! I need support, as well.