30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on Sunday (April 1) as well, I am doing my workouts at night - its the only time I can really fit it in.
    I have only done 2 days and damn I am feeling it today, my chest muscles are super sore, my thighs and quads are tight. I think I will try stretching more before and after. I have not worked out in over a year and my body is crying but I am good at ignoring temper tantrums so I can just suck it up and get thru the 30 days I am really looking forward to seeing results. I took before pics and measurements as well so i will post my progress at the end.
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did my second day yesterday, and I am not sure if I can do it again today! Everything but my face, hands and feet hurts! I want the results I've seen posted on this site but I don't know if I can keep it up when it's hard to go from sitting to standing.
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did my second day yesterday, and I am not sure if I can do it again today! Everything but my face, hands and feet hurts! I want the results I've seen posted on this site but I don't know if I can keep it up when it's hard to go from sitting to standing.

You can do it girl. I can barely walk or sit without wanting to cry, but it gets better. Just don't stop :)
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 days and will be doing it again tonight ... My thighs are what hurts the most! when i sit down or stand up its painful. Going to try stretching more!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps anyone, but so far, I've done 2 days of level 1 of the 30DS with a HRM.

I'm 5'8, 153 pounds, female, and I tend to exercise 3-4 times/week. I have been using 5 pound weights for level one.

Including the short warm up and cool down (est. about 27 minutes), I have burned anywhere from 187-210 calories (in level 1). Some of my MFP buddies have logged it under circuit training, general and it seems to be fairly accurate,
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    My thighs are sore. That is my biggest problem area, so I am happy to know I am doing SOMETHING! I have walked some during the day both days (started Monday) and that helps. I am embarrassed to say I hurt myself on the first day, on the initial stretches. Right where my arm meets my body is sore. I over-did the move where you swing your arms in and out. Uggghhh! At least I am the only one who saw me do it.
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I know the feeling, but we can do it ! ! ! !

It hurts because its working, and your body is getting used to it....as you push thru the pain it will get easier. It's only 20 minutes a day keep going (that's what I am telling myself...because I am right there with you...I do not want to be in pain anymore, but I don't want to be fat anymore either)
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting it again today. I attempted it in March and got to day 7 of lvl 1, but then got sick and I had to stop. I can not wait to get back into it, though I am dreading the beginning. I hope that it isn't quite as bad as last time. I will take all of the support that I can get and hopefully I can stick with it!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i have the dvd...i might give it a whirl with you ladies tonight!
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I started the shred today, looking forward to getting to the end of it so I can be skinny!!! :happy:
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm also starting today too! Good luck to us all! :)

Oh, and I'm using my HRM for calorie count. But I've heard to count it as circuit training in the exercise menu.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just did day 4 today, add me! :smile: x
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 days in and the calorie burn that is on the net might not be accurate. I use a Heart Rate Monitor now so I have accurate results. I was over estimating with the numbers floating around. Good luck! It's so fun to pretend to punch Jillian in the face!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DigDougOK
    DigDougOK Posts: 20
    Options
    Late getting started here, our DVD came in yesterday but we were already committed to our 4 mile walk last night so we will start tonight. I bought it for my wife based on the great results on here, but I told her I would do it with her so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone and looking forward to seeing all the success stories at the end of the month!!!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started last night and am feeling the burn today. I put it under curcit training
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like that punching her in the face thing!!! and that really skinny one in the back who has NO and I mean NO flab!!! It's not natural :) I am on my 3rd time and it HURTS! if anyone wants to join me too I would be very grateful for the support!!! Off work for 2 weeks so trying to do it every day! ALL THE BEST my fellow lalb fighters if not x
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You guys got me intrigued with this. I am going to best buy today to get it. Woohooo!!!!! thanks I am excited.
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How are you all doing with the pain? I finished day 2 last night, and every part of my body aches. I'm doing day 3 tonight though, but wow. I can't walk without feeling the burn lol

If you join the group for the 30DS they tell you Jillian doesnt' reccomend doign it for 30 days straight She recommends doing 2 days 30DS then 1 day cardio then 2 days 30DS and 1 day cardio then 1 day rest. It will make it 7 1/2 weeks instread of 4 but I think I will have a better outcome
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    need to read later....
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You guys talked me into it! I have Jillian just waiting for me in my basement :flowerforyou: I have proclaimed April as my month to get serious about this weight loss thing anyway so I'm on board!