1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp vanilla extra
    2 tbsp chopped walnuts
    2 tbsp raisins
    1 tbsp coconut

Directions

Whisk together milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a pot over a medium heat. Add in oats and carrot.
    Bring mixture to the boil and reduce to a low boil, cooking for a further 8-10 minutes.
    Stir in half of walnuts, raisins, all of the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
    Top with remaining walnuts, raisins, the coconut and a little extra drizzle of maple syrup. Serve immediately.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal. I typically mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, couple tsp of natural peanut butter, and 1/2 banana. Sometimes if I'm in a rush I just do 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a tsp of maple syrup...mmmm this is making me want some right now lol
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have just jumped on the oatmeal bandwagon. I make mine at work, I use 1/2C quick oats and a packet of stevia in the raw, and then after done microwaving, i add 1/8C - 1/4C of dried fruit, any kind. I have used the antioxidant blends, mixed fruit chunks, and craisins. I have also gotten a tropical blend that I want to try, just havent yet. You get the fullness of the oatmeal, and the sweet of the fruit. Super yummy!
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal...you don't cook it you use raw old fashioned oats and they cook overnight in the milk and it turns out to be like a pudding texture...i LOVE it.

I have been eating the banana cocoa one and I'm trying the Mango Almond one tomorrow for bfast. I seriously love them. lol

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!
  • sch0iii
    sch0iii Posts: 8
    Options
    Nope, no need for cooking! The oatmeal just soaks up all the liquid overnight and in the morning you have the most amazing textured oatmeal! :)
  • sch0iii
    sch0iii Posts: 8
    Options
    the oatmeal in a jar,,do u cook it in the morning if so how long

Nope, no need for cooking! The oatmeal just soaks up all the liquid overnight and in the morning you have the most amazing textured oatmeal! :)

* Sorry, I didn't clarify what I was answering before
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    I love peanut butter in mine. Today I read about putting banana, coconut and some nutmeg. I'm gonna try that one tomorrow morning I think.
  • Schrieebee
    Options
    there is a recipe book called "75 ways to love your oatmeal" by Jenny Grothe.... you can find it here. Her facebook page is awesome and inspiring...even for men; although focused more for women and figure comp. http://www.jen-fit.com/
  • sullymanjohn
    Options
    I mix the oats up with some bran and flax meal, some mueglin (sp?) and then toss a handful of it in a bowl with some kashi island vanilla cereal. Add Greek Yogurt and some chocolate protein and you have a delicious (extremely) high fiber and protein breakfast. 500 calories, 40 some grams of Protein, and 35 ish grams of fiber. Makes my whole day better.
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Chop apple, cook in microwave for couple of minutes til soft
    Add instant oats, water/milk, cinnamon, raisins, cook per oats directions.
    Nom nom
  • eagle613
    eagle613 Posts: 2
    Options
    1/2 oatmeal in 1 cup of water, overnight-cover
    cook oatmeal until desired tenderness, add sliced ripe banana for sweetness with 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries, 1/8 cup Almond milk. Along with this, I have one slice Ezekiel bread with PB. Very filling and satsifies me until lunch. Low in fat with lots of protein!