REPOST: What was your FIRST CONCERT

Options

Replies

• Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Elvis Presley around 1968 or 69! I was 11 or 12 and he was at the county fair where my grand parents lived. My grandfather worked at the fair grounds, so I got to see him up close! Awesome!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    KISS in Shreveport Louisiana. I think it was 1980
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1967 and it was the Monkees...yep the Monkees...lol My mother took my older sister and let me tag along, I was 10. LOL Of course Davey Jones saw only me ..bahahahah
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mine was The Prodigy back in '96 (I was 15) :)
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    First show I ever saw without my mom was Eurythmics and Howard Jones at Starlight Theater in Kansas City, 1984 :)
  • Kaz4ebt
    Kaz4ebt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Ramones, in a pub in London when i was 17
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones free concert at Altamont Speedway, outside of Tracy, CA on Dec 6, 1969.

Santana, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Jefferson Airplane, Flying Burrito Brothers and the Rolling Stones.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1999 - wachovia spectrum - no limit (master p, silkk the shocker, mystikal, mia x and some others)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Paul Simon & Bob Dylan

No, I am not that old - I will be 28 next week - but they were touring and Paul Simon is my all-time favorite. I think I was 13.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if it was Boyz II Men or George Strait...both were in the 5th grade, both at the same place, and both...WITH MY MOM. Yeah, my mom went to Boyz II Men with me, NO BIG DEAL.

I'm totally jealous!! I wanted to see Boyz II Men when I was younger, but my parents never took me to concerts. I always swore I would take me kids if they wanted to go. Of course that was before I became broke as a joke, LOL!
    Boyz II Men are touring again if you still want to see them. They'll be in my hometown at the end of this month for the county fair. $8 gets you into the fair and the concert. Not that I'll be going to see them but it's a cheap ticket for anyone interested.
  • kilbey1
    kilbey1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Crosby, Stills and Nash in Albuquerque, New Mexico...sometime in the mid-1980s.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    DEC 12 1987: Third leg, final shows U2-Joshua Tree Tour. This was one of the few shows where they appeared as "The Dalton Brothers" as their own support band between sets from their other openers ... They were hilarious!
  • Noravus
    Noravus Posts: 10
    Options
    The 1999 1st Fall Edition of the HFestival held in RFK stadium in Washington, DC

Acts included Limp Bizkit, The Chemical Brothers, 311, Run DMB, Fuel, Bush and many others.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Ted Nugent: Intensities in Ten Cities tour. Pat Traverse Band opened for them. Think it must have been around 1980?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi - July 2, 1987 - Slippery When Wet Tour
    The show was aweome too!!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd, Division Bell tour
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1989, Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour with Guns n Roses and Living Colour, Los Angeles Coliseum... I went for the GNR, my mom went for Rolling Stones... ;-)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    mid-80s - RUSH! Slept out for concert tickets... back when that was they way to do it if you wanted front row. Loved every minute of that concert!

I've seen them about 15 times - new album coming out next month, hopefully followed by another tour!
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    "Day on the Green" 1981... Police, Eurythmics, The Fix, The Firm, Oingo Boingo, Madness, Tompson Twins... I think that's all who played...
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Brad paisley, I was 6. Summer of 1998