Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Motley Crue, 1985
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was there! Camped out for tickets at Oxford Valley Mall.
    Sadly, though, my first concert was with my mom in 1978(ish) - Dr. Hook and Sha Na Na. :blushing:

I saw them as well with my parents...My Mom won the dance contest they had:laugh:
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    MIne was The Ramones, Debbie Harry and one other band, but dont remember who they were. i was in grade 8, so late 80s, early 90s? None of my friends at the time liked punk music and I was dying to go, so my country music loving parents took me. My dad slept through the whole thing, except when Blondie was on stage :laugh: .
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffet, like a boss.

I was 6 or 7, and was terrified by the crazy get-ups people wear to those. My parents must have had an epic babysitter fail or something.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Let's see if i can remember the year, I was in the 6th grade, so maybe 89 or 90. I spent the night out side of Ticketmaster to get a New Kids on the Block Ticket. Then a few weeks later my mom dropped me off at the Kingdome and I saw them...alone.
    Soon after that I discovered punk rock and never looked back.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Billy Joel soon after Piano Man came out. Martin Mull was still doing stand-up comedy then and was the opening act!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Van Halen 1980. Women and Children First Tour. Binghamton NY.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    1987 INXS and Ziggy Marley at CNE in Toronto. I was 14.
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    embarrasingly it was vanilla ice at my local ice rink in 1992 i was 15 lol , thankfully my next one will be radiohead at the o2 in sept/oct.:smile:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I saw Marcia Ball at a very small theater when I was about 4-5, so 1990 or 1991

But my first REAL concert was Hanson at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan in 1998(?) I was in 6th grade
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ZZ TOP
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    NSYNC at the Target Center in Minnesota - taken by Sam Jacobsen the basketball player. ( More like baby sat then )
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Rick Springfield---VBCC, Huntsville, AL--1983ish
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Aged 15, Therapy? supported by Pet Lamb and Dig at the Cardiff Astoria nightclub in 1994. I don't know what it's called now. (If I'd only been able to go and see Carcass the previous year, but I was on work experience and my mother wouldn't let me. )

I had tickets to go and see Nirvana, but Kurt Cobain shot himself some weeks before the show. :sad:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    98º. 1999 I think?
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    June 20, 1987 - Duran Duran on my 12th birthday.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I believe 1986 in Rochester Minnesota, Bon Jovi, I was 14...I even made it into one of his videos.."Wanted Dead or Alive" I was popular at school for about 2 days...haha
  • linguist98
    Options
    Styx 1977
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Don't remember the exact year, late 1980's. MC Hammer at the Convention Center in Fresno, CA. Best concert I have ever seen to date. Go Hammer, go Hammer, go!!!
  • eternitywaitsloss
    Options
    oh man. my very first concert was Headlined by No Doubt. Weezer and LunaChicks also played that day. :)