Foods that got tossed- when you got SERIOUS!!

Options

Replies

• Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Fried foods, cut back on pasta, just try not to eat out:wink:
    Eating out DEFINITELY kills the mojo. Though I still do it now and then. :)

Oh eating out is the devil!

white bread, fizzy drinks, sweets (not including chocolate.. never including chocolate)
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i said goodbye to diet coke, white bread, white rice, pasta, red meat, and stopped using butter, sugar, and flour completely. unfortunately i live with my parents, and so i only mentally tossed these things, but they are still tangibly in the kitchen and looking delicious each time i go in there... will power, have mercy on me~
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    White rice.

And coming from an Asian household, that's a BIG thing. lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bacon and potato chips. My 2 true loves. I miss them dearly and still visit on the rare occasion.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am REALLY trying not to eat anything processed or canned or that comes in a box (except cereal and oatmeal).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything. I eat everything I want, in moderation
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All processed foods (Well 99% of them)
    No grains including corn
    No more peanut butter or beans of any kind

The real question is what cheats do I still eat?

Hormel Black Label Pre-cooked Bacon (only 1 minute and its done, too convenient to give up)
    Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties (too much protein to give up)
    Yocream Frozen yogurt twice a month
    Small amounts of dark chocolate here and there.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Also just to answer your question...

I haven't given anything up entirely. I only drink soda now on "cheat" days and even then I stick with a small amount or a coke zero. I used to drink soda all day every day and oddly I don't really miss it.

Other than that...I've given up pastries for breakfast. Not even really because of calories but because of energy. I feel way better eating some hard boiled eggs or yogurt.

I have definitely given up on 100 calorie packs of everything except popcorn.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nothing. :)
    Just smaller portions of it all.
  • aspenwhisper
    Options
    I lived on iced coffee. With a scoop of powdered Chai in it, and whole milk. Now I have one regular cup of coffee with fat free creamer and splenda. I bet I cut 800 calories a day giving up the chai and whole milk.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I live with two guys (my boyfriend and his best friend) and they eat so much and it's all just absolutely terrible for you. I used to eat what they did, and long story short, now I'm here. But foods I threw out were Frozen Pizzas, Gardettos (so much bad for you), microwavable burritos (like 360 calories a pop), my soda (which was the hardest), cupcakes and candy.

The boys still eat all of it, but they make sure that there is enough good food in the house too. Whenever I get a sweet craving I'll have fruit instead. Though, sometimes I'll indulge in a candy bar or pizza but only every now and then and not every day.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Red meat and pork are always my barriers. I can never lose weight while eating either of them.
    Also, cookies. I'm a cookie monster. I find that if they aren't in the house (and I don't bake any), I am not tempted.

I have a junk-food junkie husband, and three children...it's hard to toss the things they still eat, so it's just a lot of will power and better choice items which I keep laying around. There's still pop (soda) in my house, instant oatmeal, take out, Doritos, popcorn, chocolate from Grandma, white rice and pasta. It's just a choice that I have made to limit my intake of it all.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    White sugar
    Ice Cream
    Pasta
    Soda
    Dairy (I am allergic anyways)
    Wheat products
  • kelanic
    kelanic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent! There's no reason to eat nutrient poor food packed with preservatives and frozen ice chips when the approach of just "eating real food, not too much" will do.
  • gagycakes
    gagycakes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating desserts on a daily basis, eat them on weekends and then eat them in moderation!
  • Minkime
    Minkime Posts: 41
    Options
    Beer! When I tossed that, all the bad food I used to eat after a beer binge went with it. I feel great.
  • plhv19
    plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Trying my absolute hardest to eliminate these:
    High fructose corn syrup
    Partially hydrogenated oils
    Preservatives

I buy food based on ingredients, not on numbers. I want my food to be simple and made of ingredients I've actually heard of and am okay putting in my body.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Tossed a jar of Nutella that had been sitting in my cupboard recently. I just don't need that temptation!
    Also, tossed a full bottle of Annie's Goddess dressing (then luckily found a lower-calorie version, yay)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chips - I love salty crispy greasy chips. No flavors, just salt covered goodness. Yep - totally tossed them all. :(
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my MFP about the fact that I had to go vegan/mostly raw in order to lose weight , Im serious! It probably is because my thyroid is really underactive and I have hashimotos thyroiditis but that is what I have to deal with.
    Here are foods that were keeping me fat and preventing me from losing and weight!
    nonfat yogurt
    cheese
    diet soda
    equal
    wheat
    breads
    cereals
    milk-ALL DAIRY

I do miss yogurt and pizza but I have to get myself back to healthy thru my plant-based diet....I am so happy Imk losing its been since Oct. 2011 since I lost weight . I wish I would of got "serious" months ago!