Growing hair long....

Options
CallieM15
CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
Anyone have a secret formula to make your hair grow better? Im taking Hair/Skin/Nails vitamins, but anyone have something they KNOW works?

I cut my beautifully curly long hair to about 6 inches long, and donated it to Locks of Love about 4 years ago. I could sit on my hair it was so long. Since then the longest its been is a little past my shoulders. I do nothing crazy other then blow dry, straighten with product every once in a while, and trim a inch once or twice a year....

4 years, its grown 8 inches.... REALLLY?

Replies

• okayhollywood
    Options
    I have the same problem! I cut my hair short years ago and it won't grow back to the old length it used to be. If you figure out the answer please let me know! Cheers!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Trim more! It grows faster after a trim.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it works, but my hair is growing like crazy with lots of avocado, flax seeds and chia. Perhaps the omega-3?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    some girls on youtube use Monistat on their scalp
    ive never tried it....but apparently it works!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you put cocumut milk on your hair that helps it grom. I have no clue if that is the case but i have heard it works
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Please do this, take pictures monthly, and keep a blog for all of us to watch. Pretty please?? With sugar on top?
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options

That's actually not true. It only seems to grow faster.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    continue using the hair & nail vitamins and trim maybe 4 times/yr. that's what i do and my hair is about 2 inches past where the band of my bra is in the back :)

i cut mine to right below my chin in 2009 and haven't had more than a trim or thinning/layers since then.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Please do this, take pictures monthly, and keep a blog for all of us to watch. Pretty please?? With sugar on top?

Yes! This!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Brush it often, pamper the heck out of it (which means friendly products), take your vitamins, and try to avoid overly hot showers.
    Not incredibly helpful, sorry.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Pre natal vitamins will have your hair and nails growing like crazy!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

search monistat for hair growth on youtube...a bunch of girls have b4 and afters all differnt hair types too!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    one of my friends took pre natal vitmins for more folic acid haha I dont know if it helped but definately a try. My hair is finally just around my shoulders but I want it way longer :)
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    My hair was growing super fast when I was pregnant. Besides the hormones, I think the prenatals & fish oils were definitely helping! Trying eating more Omega 3....your hair will also look healthier. I use coconut oil on my hair once in 2-3 weeks. It definiltey makes it softer..not sure about making it longer.

Btw, good job on donating your hair. Its a noble cause!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

This sounds crazy, but it's true! Kinda like the eat more to lose thing ~ I find that to be true as well!

Also, I think hair tends to grow more when it's warm. I know mine does.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's a secret formula but I take Prenatal and Biotin.
    I grow , cut, and donate my hair every year. In the past before I started adding Biotin to my vitamins I would not have enough to donate every year - it was more like every 20 months.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There was a post on here about how clean eating was causing hair to grow really fast. Search for that post, maybe.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    OK, trimming prevents ends from splitting which is not only nasty looking, but ends UP making those luscious locks brittle & shorter and icky. So trim your hair. Some people can go 3 months, some 5 weeks... Do what you gotta do.

Over brushing can cause damage to your locks, as well as split ends. The point of "brushing your hair for growth" is actually to stimulate blood flow to your scalp. Give yourself a head massage - better yet, get Channing Tatum to rub your scalp.

Vitamins, particularly the B vitamins, are great for ya... and might help your hairs grow. Knock yourself out... However, too much B6 can give you nightmares, so only roll with that if you're into that sort of thing.

I hear smoking pot helps hair grow... but I wouldn't know about that.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I wish I had an answer for you, In the past 7 years I have donated to Locks of Love twice, in 2005 15" and then in 2008 12". The only thing that I do is I take a multi vitamin and omega 3...not sure if that makes a difference or not...my hair just seems to grow long and fast:flowerforyou:
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My sister's hairdresser told her to use biotin. She said that it will make your hair grow fast, but that includes all body hair, too. :wink: