Ghost Stuck in Tree Picture.. Not photoshopped

Options
12346»

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that isn't photoshopped! Wow!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Man in the moon, Jesus in the toast, whatever...

Seriously? Why did I just waste my time reading this?

And posting. That took more time.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I see nothin'
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I took a dump this morning and saw this:

floyd.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    Me & my bf just looked at it..funny thing he can see it perfectly, but I can't!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Looks like pareidolia to me.

Pareidolia - (pronounced /pæraɪˈdoʊliə/), referenced in 1994 by Steven Goldstein, describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- — beside, with or alongside — and eidolon — image (the diminutive of eidos — image, form, shape). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

This is correct. The "layman" term would be matrixing. The human mind wants to make patterns out of texture and color changes. It's just what it does.

And before people cry out "Your mind is not open to these things."... I have been a paranormal investigator in the past, I still do photo analysis for people, and I believe very much in the possibility of the paranormal. However, it does us no good as a field to point to every picture and yell out "OMG Ghost!!!" It is much better to work with a scientific mind, get rid of the stuff that CAN be explained, and then what we can't explain is much more interesting.

I have seen photographs like this all the time. They are not paranormal and can be explained by known scientific explanations. It would be similar to saying it's a ghost when it is motion blur or a bug creating an orb.
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i saw the virgin mary in my salad today, mmm delicious

LMAO....this actually made me laugh out loud in a quite room
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Why did I just waste my time reading this?

^^this. And now I will do myself a favor and move on...
  • gaberieger
    Options
    tumblr_lmt49zcqMD1qhrctl.gif
    LOL.

I see it, but uhh why would a ghost be stuck in a tree? I thought casper could fly through walls and stuff?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people's propensity for settling on the most irrational conclusion they can when they see/experience something they're not familiar with.

Rational: "Look, the shading on this tree bark makes it look like there's an image of a face on it."

Irrational: "That tree has a ghost stuck in it."

Reality isn't so bad. It's cool that the brain actually WANTS to detect human faces in things. Go over to the tree in real-life and look at the marks. Not mystical or scary.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I took a dump this morning and saw this:

floyd.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Did you hand out cigars to all your friends and family members?
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's pareidolia (or matixing if you prefer). Just a pattern your brain turns into a recognizable shape, nothing supernatural. I'm prone to this-like another said I'll see patterns in carpet, tiles, etc. Once I was out running and almost tripped over myself swerving to avoid what looked like a snake rising up to strike me on the sidewalk. After a brief wtf moment I looked back- it was a bent, rusted pipe that just happened to have the right shape/angles for me to see it that way. To this day I can remember seeing the snake rise up and back, but I know I didn't. It was just how my brain translated to get me to move away from a perceived danger.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's pareidolia (or matixing if you prefer). Just a pattern your brain turns into a recognizable shape, nothing supernatural. I'm prone to this-like another said I'll see patterns in carpet, tiles, etc. Once I was out running and almost tripped over myself swerving to avoid what looked like a snake rising up to strike me on the sidewalk. After a brief wtf moment I looked back- it was a bent, rusted pipe that just happened to have the right shape/angles for me to see it that way. To this day I can remember seeing the snake rise up and back, but I know I didn't. It was just how my brain translated to get me to move away from a perceived danger.

I'm sure your heart rate skyrocketed!